HGH and RT: the best combination?

Dogmandu said:

Omxxl said:

Dogmandu said:

I won't tell you to skip rHGH — bargain price or otherwise. Plenty of people run it and report excellent results. I'm intrigued too.

If your goal is better body composition, my advice is to raise your Reta dose beyond 2 mg before anything else. Only after that would I look at a GH secretagogue such as Tesamorelin, ahead of HGH. Tesamorelin can lift IGF-1 substantially while leaving your natural GH output intact. It isn't a quick fix — results come slowly, but it has a track record for abdominal fat and recovery.

Should you spend a few months on 6-8 mg Reta plus 1-2 mg Tesa and still feel you need more, the next options are TRT, HGH, and Ostarine.
TRT has been part of my routine since 2022. Across my life I've run HGH on 3 separate occasions, though Reta was never in the mix, and I was impressed by what it could do. What makes HGH special is the delayed timeline — results only show up once several months have passed.

Blood sugar was my sticking point. A 6-month run brought on insulin resistance.

Since Reta addresses that side, I consider the pairing a winning one.

I'm going to stock up for a year and kick off this protocol:

Month 1: 2 IU HGH 2.5 mg RT

Month 2: 3 IU HGH 3 mg RT

Month 3: 3 IU HGH 3.5 mg RT

Month 4: 4 IU HGH 4 mg RT

Month 5: 4 IU HGH 3 mg RT

Month 6: 4 IU HGH 2 mg RT

Any thoughts? On top of this I'm on TRT at 125 mg/week of testosterone enanthate.

Going by what you wrote in your opening post, I'll take it that body recomp is your main objective.

That 125 mg of test each week is going to do you good. Hard training goes without saying, so there's nothing else to say there.

Honestly? Your approach reads as low reward + high risk to me. The strongest approaches are the reverse. You already ran into insulin resistance on HGH (that's a genuine issue), so why is your Reta only reaching 4 mg at its peak? Why depend on 4 IU of HGH, with all the risks that come with it? Meanwhile you're not pushing Reta harder, even though it carries much less risk and covers both bases - body recomp plus blood glucose control?

If this were my protocol, by Month 6 I'd be sitting at <3 IU HGH + 8-10 mg Reta. Even better, I'd run 1 mg Tesamorelin daily + 8 g Reta if I could tolerate it, since that's a low-risk + high-reward setup.

One more thing: pull an IGF-1 reading at 2, 3, and 4 IU and let those numbers guide your dosing. HGH can push IGF-1 into supraphysiological territory without much trouble, sidestepping feedback loops...unless you're actually measuring and adjusting. At 2 IU I doubt you'd have anything to worry about, but flying blind at 4 IU is not something I'd do. Once you're at 4 IU and above, insulin resistance is no longer your biggest risk!
And now that I'm 49, I'd be more comfortable using tesa long-term, particularly alongside TRT, even if the upside is smaller. Broadly speaking, growth runs counter to longevity.

HGH + TRT, even at modest dosages, may act like Miracle-Gro in a harmful manner over time — for instance, hastening the onset of prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia). Studies indicate as much as a 15 percent rise in prostate enlargement from either treatment alone, yet as much as 50 percent when HGH + TRT are combined. Those percentages might not mean much for any one person's risk, but the combination is unquestionably riskier.

A number of guys on Meso ask themselves whether their heart or prostate will be what stops their AAS use first. Taking finasteride every other day is one route if PSA climbs too quickly. The single prostate surgery for symptomatic, enlarged prostate that avoids catheterization (UroLift) has the weakest long-term effectiveness, though it can be repeated from time to time.

What matters more is the heart:

Gemini said:


HGH (via IGF-1) doesn't just grow skeletal muscle; it signals the heart muscle to thicken. Combined with the increased blood pressure and hematocrit (thick blood) often caused by TRT, the heart walls can become thick and less elastic.

Click to expand...

Gemini said:


Comparison: TRT vs. HGH vs. The Stack (Age 40+)

FeatureTRT AloneHGH Alone (4 IU)The Stack (Both)Primary DriverAndrogen receptor activation.IGF-1 systemic signaling.Dual-pathway hypertrophy.Prostate ImpactModerate; driven by DHT conversion.Low-Moderate; cell proliferation.High; TRT primes receptors for GH signals.Muscle GrowthHigh (Myofibrillar / Strength).Moderate (Hyperplasia / Recovery).Exceptional; synthesis & satellite cells.Water RetentionModerate (Sodium/E2 related).High (Extracellular fluid).Severe; joint pressure & "moon face".Cardio RiskRBC thickening (Hematocrit).Heart wall thickening (LVH).Compounded; thick blood + thick heart.Metabolic RiskImproves insulin sensitivity.Can cause insulin resistance.Variable; TRT can mask GH-induced issues.Joint HealthCan be "dry" if E2 is low."Healing" effect; collagen boost.Superior; high strength + high collagen.

The "Miracle-Gro" Logic for Age 40+At 40, you are starting the "exposure clock" early. TRT provides the instruction for prostate cells to function; HGH provides the fuel for them to multiply. Over a 5-to-10-year window, the combination significantly increases the likelihood of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms compared to using either agent in isolation.

Click to expand...

Strategic Mitigation for the Long-Term:

Optimize TRT First: Dial in your testosterone and hematocrit before adding growth factors.

HGH Titration: 1–2 IU captures the majority of recovery/anti-aging benefits with significantly less "organ-growth" risk than 4 IU.

Cyclical Dosing: Reserve the 4 IU dose for 8–12 week "blasts" rather than a permanent cruise to avoid permanent structural remodeling of the heart or prostate.

Click to expand...

Gemini said:


Comparative Risk of "Miracle-Gro" Effect: TRT vs. HGH

Organ / SystemTRT (Testosterone)HGH (Growth Hormone)Combined (TRT + HGH)Heart (Myocardium)Moderate Risk: Can cause LVH via androgen receptors.Moderate Risk: Promotes cardiac cell growth/collagen via IGF-1.High Risk: Synergistic wall thickening and diastolic dysfunction.ProstateDirect Risk: Stimulates tissue; can worsen BPH.Indirect Risk: IGF-1 promotes general glandular division.Very High Risk: Combined androgenic and mitogenic stimulation.Intestines / VisceraLow Risk: Minimal impact on smooth muscle/organ size.High Risk: Abundant IGF-1 receptors; leads to visceromegaly.High Risk: HGH is the primary driver of "GH Gut" effects.Skin & Connective TissueLow Risk: Primarily impacts sebaceous glands (acne).High Risk: Skin thickening, carpal tunnel, and joint growth.High Risk: Coarsening of features and chronic fluid retention.Pancreas / MetabolismProtective: Often improves insulin sensitivity via fat loss.High Risk: Directly antagonizes insulin; diabetogenic.Moderate/High Risk: TRT may offset, but net risk remains elevated.Neoplasia (Tumors)Specific Risk: Primarily androgen-sensitive tissues (prostate).Systemic Risk: IGF-1 acts as a general "fertilizer" for occult cancer.Maximum Risk: High-octane environment for cellular proliferation.

Key Takeaways for Long-Term Use:

Hypertrophy vs. Hyperplasia: TRT mostly makes existing cells bigger; HGH encourages the creation of new cells.

Receptor Potentiation: Androgens can upregulate IGF-1 receptors, making a "conservative" dose of HGH more proliferative than it would be alone.

Monitoring: Regular screening (ECHO, PSA, HbA1c, and Colonoscopy) is essential to ensure "growth" remains limited to skeletal muscle.

Click to expand...

From anecdotal reports, certain people with a cancer diagnosis carry extra psychological burden/guilt/regret tied to past HGH use, even without knowing whether it played any role. In the AI-generated table for estimating potential cancer risk, HGH, not surprisingly, came out on top relative to the other peptides/substances some of us take.

As for me, there's no family history of cancer or smoking, so cancer doesn't worry me much, and I wasn't obese for most of my adult life. That leaves cardiovascular issues as my main concern. Right now I'm using up a vial of HGH, and tesa is what I'll try after that.
 
Omxxl said:

Dogmandu said:

I won't tell you to skip rHGH — bargain price or otherwise. Plenty of people run it and report excellent results. I'm intrigued too.

If your goal is better body composition, my advice is to raise your Reta dose beyond 2 mg before anything else. Only after that would I look at a GH secretagogue such as Tesamorelin, ahead of HGH. Tesamorelin can lift IGF-1 substantially while leaving your natural GH output intact. It isn't a quick fix — results come slowly, but it has a track record for abdominal fat and recovery.

Should you spend a few months on 6-8 mg Reta plus 1-2 mg Tesa and still feel you need more, the next options are TRT, HGH, and Ostarine.
TRT has been part of my routine since 2022. Across my life I've run HGH on 3 separate occasions, though Reta was never in the mix, and I was impressed by what it could do. What makes HGH special is the delayed timeline — results only show up once several months have passed.

Blood sugar was my sticking point. A 6-month run brought on insulin resistance.

Since Reta addresses that side, I consider the pairing a winning one.

I'm going to stock up for a year and kick off this protocol:

Month 1: 2 IU HGH 2.5 mg RT

Month 2: 3 IU HGH 3 mg RT

Month 3: 3 IU HGH 3.5 mg RT

Month 4: 4 IU HGH 4 mg RT

Month 5: 4 IU HGH 3 mg RT

Month 6: 4 IU HGH 2 mg RT

Any thoughts? On top of this I'm on TRT at 125 mg/week of testosterone enanthate.
Omxxl, I’d like to know your age. Since I’m asking, it’s only fair I mention mine — 54.
 
Chris Thomas said:

Omxxl said:

Dogmandu said:

I won't tell you to skip rHGH — bargain price or otherwise. Plenty of people run it and report excellent results. I'm intrigued too.

If your goal is better body composition, my advice is to raise your Reta dose beyond 2 mg before anything else. Only after that would I look at a GH secretagogue such as Tesamorelin, ahead of HGH. Tesamorelin can lift IGF-1 substantially while leaving your natural GH output intact. It isn't a quick fix — results come slowly, but it has a track record for abdominal fat and recovery.

Should you spend a few months on 6-8 mg Reta plus 1-2 mg Tesa and still feel you need more, the next options are TRT, HGH, and Ostarine.
TRT has been part of my routine since 2022. Across my life I've run HGH on 3 separate occasions, though Reta was never in the mix, and I was impressed by what it could do. What makes HGH special is the delayed timeline — results only show up once several months have passed.

Blood sugar was my sticking point. A 6-month run brought on insulin resistance.

Since Reta addresses that side, I consider the pairing a winning one.

I'm going to stock up for a year and kick off this protocol:

Month 1: 2 IU HGH 2.5 mg RT

Month 2: 3 IU HGH 3 mg RT

Month 3: 3 IU HGH 3.5 mg RT

Month 4: 4 IU HGH 4 mg RT

Month 5: 4 IU HGH 3 mg RT

Month 6: 4 IU HGH 2 mg RT

Any thoughts? On top of this I'm on TRT at 125 mg/week of testosterone enanthate.
Omxxl, I’d like to know your age. Since I’m asking, it’s only fair I mention mine — 54.
I am 47.
 
Over on Meso, there's a case being made that tirz might beat reta when it comes to blunting the insulin resistance caused by HGH:


https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/hgh-retatrutide.134432735/post-3616609


Ghoul said:


If you have weight to lose, and/or you're susceptible to diabetes (get an A1C blood test before starting, as well as baseline IGF, both cheap tests), Tirz will work better than Reta. Its insulin sensitivity improving (ie, anti-diabetic) effects are superior to Reta. Reta will dump even more glucose into your blood, potentially worsening the situation if you're borderline pre-diabetic.

Click to expand...

Same idea here:

Gemini said:


Comparison for HGH Users

FeatureTirzepatideRetatrutidePrimary BenefitSuperior Glycemic Control. Best for protecting the pancreas and managing HGH-induced spikes.Maximum Fat Loss. Best for breaking through fat loss plateaus via increased metabolic rate.Glucagon ActionNone (Actually suppresses glucagon).Agonist. Promotes hepatic glucose output, which may conflict with HGH.A1C ImpactConsistent, significant reduction; highly "anti-diabetic."Variable; potent for weight loss, but requires tighter monitoring of glucose.Ideal CandidateUsers with elevated A1C (>5.7) or those running higher HGH dosages (>3-4 IU).Leaner users with healthy glucose markers looking for "finishing" fat loss.

Click to expand...
 
From what I gathered, HGH pushes you toward insulin resistance, whereas Reta works the other way, which means the two together produce a stronger effect. Fat oxidation is another area where they pair well. One thing that isn't in doubt: you need a substantial amount of carbohydrates and protein, plus dedicated weight training.

A number of fitness and bodybuilding people have incorporated it into their protocols and gotten quite good results. Nick Walker is among those who mentioned Reta.
 
Calm Logic said:

Over on Meso, there's a case being made that tirz might beat reta when it comes to blunting the insulin resistance caused by HGH:


https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/hgh-retatrutide.134432735/post-3616609


Ghoul said:


If you have weight to lose, and/or you're susceptible to diabetes (get an A1C blood test before starting, as well as baseline IGF, both cheap tests), Tirz will work better than Reta. Its insulin sensitivity improving (ie, anti-diabetic) effects are superior to Reta. Reta will dump even more glucose into your blood, potentially worsening the situation if you're borderline pre-diabetic.

Click to expand...

Same idea here:

Gemini said:


Comparison for HGH Users

FeatureTirzepatideRetatrutidePrimary BenefitSuperior Glycemic Control. Best for protecting the pancreas and managing HGH-induced spikes.Maximum Fat Loss. Best for breaking through fat loss plateaus via increased metabolic rate.Glucagon ActionNone (Actually suppresses glucagon).Agonist. Promotes hepatic glucose output, which may conflict with HGH.A1C ImpactConsistent, significant reduction; highly "anti-diabetic."Variable; potent for weight loss, but requires tighter monitoring of glucose.Ideal CandidateUsers with elevated A1C (>5.7) or those running higher HGH dosages (>3-4 IU).Leaner users with healthy glucose markers looking for "finishing" fat loss.

Click to expand...
Yeah, that's why I switched from reta to tirz
 
Every single bro out there seems to be running reta alongside HGH. That makes it pretty jarring when somebody over at Meso brings up tirz — though Ghoul is hands down my favorite poster, so him being the one to raise it doesn't shock me at all.

Over in that space, people tend to push larger HGH doses, stacked with whatever else is in the mix (sometimes as much as a gram of steroids each week). Plenty of those guys are in great shape, but YOLO dosing is basically standard practice there (a dream scenario if you're selling life insurance).

So when bro culture is what nudges us toward HGH, caution is warranted — because even some folks at Meso consider HGH overrated:

"Is this just a big circle jerk?"

And for a bit of amusing bro science:


https://www.thinksteroids.com/community/threads/hgh-high-dosing.134426854/post-3343715


Lots of water og numb hands when at 20iu.

Did it gave me more gains that 12iu.

I looked very full and crazy pump.but I need straps for all me lift.

Yeah but most water in the muscle. I would never do lower than 8-10iu. Only use when getting back on HGH. I only use generic. 4-6 IU I did not see that much different.

I bumped it to 12. I look more round and I could eat more shit and looked better.

Click to expand...

The biggest plus of GH peptides, for me, is that they push me to fast around the time I pin them, which means I eat less. I do use them for "recovery," though I can't say how much they actually contribute. Based on the studies I recall, they might also benefit the brain, provided you don't go overboard. Then again, so does exercise, and so on.
 
Alright, so 1 week has passed, and I thought I'd drop a small update in this thread.

Honestly, nothing dramatic has happened - though that's what I'd expect at this stage.

A few days in, I made the call to bump it to 3iu each night. Nothing major in terms of sides; my right wrist is just a touch achier than it normally is, but it's mild enough that it might have been like that already. Wrist pain is something I deal with regardless, so it's not as though it came on suddenly.

Just to set the scene, I'm running Reta & HGH side by side and I'm in a cutting phase right now. That said, I do get the sense that my belly fat is starting to reduce slightly. Recovery isn't great, but I suspect that's down to other factors, and I'd love to claim the HGH is aiding my recovery, but I can't prove that in any definitive way. The pumps I'm getting in the gym are pretty epic, though again, that might just be from slightly increasing my carbs.

Can't wait to see how this plays out!
 
A few more weeks have passed!

My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.

Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.

Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!

Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.

One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.

Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.

HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!

Appreciate you reading 🙂
 
Bunts said:

A few more weeks have passed!

My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.

Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.

Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!

Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.

One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.

Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.

HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!

Appreciate you reading 🙂
My first week of HGH at 2 IU is now behind me, and my sleep has clearly gotten much better. I take it in the morning, right at about 5:30 AM.

I still have roughly 15 lbs to go before reaching my goal weight. The number on the scale keeps going down, only gradually, yet my clothes are noticeably fitting more loosely, and that gives me encouragement.

Up to this point, I’m enjoying the way it’s working out. I expect to stay on H for as far ahead as I can see.
 
bayardtrustin said:

Bunts said:

A few more weeks have passed!

My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.

Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.

Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!

Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.

One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.

Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.

HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!

Appreciate you reading 🙂
My first week of HGH at 2 IU is now behind me, and my sleep has clearly gotten much better. I take it in the morning, right at about 5:30 AM.

I still have roughly 15 lbs to go before reaching my goal weight. The number on the scale keeps going down, only gradually, yet my clothes are noticeably fitting more loosely, and that gives me encouragement.

Up to this point, I’m enjoying the way it’s working out. I expect to stay on H for as far ahead as I can see.
Shouldn't it be taken at night while fasting? And what's the process for reconstituting hgh? Do people just treat ius the same as mgs?
 
Rickcaps said:

bayardtrustin said:

Bunts said:

A few more weeks have passed!

My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.

Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.

Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!

Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.

One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.

Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.

HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!

Appreciate you reading 🙂
My first week of HGH at 2 IU is now behind me, and my sleep has clearly gotten much better. I take it in the morning, right at about 5:30 AM.

I still have roughly 15 lbs to go before reaching my goal weight. The number on the scale keeps going down, only gradually, yet my clothes are noticeably fitting more loosely, and that gives me encouragement.

Up to this point, I’m enjoying the way it’s working out. I expect to stay on H for as far ahead as I can see.
Shouldn't it be taken at night while fasting? And what's the process for reconstituting hgh? Do people just treat ius the same as mgs?
From what I've come across, sticking to a routine matters more than the specific timing of H use. On top of that, taking it in the evening while fasted just isn't possible with my schedule. IU and mg aren't the same thing, so getting that straight before recon is essential. When it comes to working through the calculations, Ai is a really helpful tool.
 
Appreciate the detailed posts. My main pull toward HGH has been recovery, though I'm still on the fence about committing to that route. Before anything else, I plan to test a few secretagogues over the summer. Still, following other people's experiences is useful, particularly since your dosing looks sensible.
 
One thing I left out of my last post, for whatever it's worth: my sleep quality is basically unchanged.

I use both a Samsung smart watch and an Oura ring to monitor my sleep. The scores from either device haven't gotten any better. That seems strange given how many people say their recovery improves. Whether my own recovery has actually gotten better is tough to judge, though I have noticed that muscle soreness is now something I almost never deal with.

If I think of anything else and anyone's interested, I'll post another update!
 
Thanks for the detailed write-up and for letting us in on your experience. I went ahead and picked up some HGH with similar expectations. TRT kicked off for me only 4 weeks back, and the muscle gains are already looking solid. My reason for starting was low T rather than just chasing size. Even so, I've added 5lbs of muscle over the past 2 weeks, while fat loss has been under 1 lb.

My plan is to begin HGH at 2 iu. I was leaning toward a nighttime dose since I could use help sleeping, but it sounds like morning shots still deliver strong sleep benefits. I'll start with am and move to pm only if I need to. Bringing my body fat down is the goal. Earlier I dropped 35lbs on sema, then about 2 months ago I made the switch to Reta. The scale hasn't moved much lately, though the recomp has been good so far. Currently BF sits near 27%, and I'm aiming to push it under 20%, with 15-17% as the eventual target.

At 52, adding muscle has proven really tough for me. For the past year I've lifted heavy without missing sessions, and I even ran a mild bulk, yet the only thing that grew was fat, not muscle. TRT has completely changed things for me, and I'm eager to see where HGH fits into the picture.
 
MikeyMike said:

Thanks for the detailed write-up and for letting us in on your experience. I went ahead and picked up some HGH with similar expectations. TRT kicked off for me only 4 weeks back, and the muscle gains are already looking solid. My reason for starting was low T rather than just chasing size. Even so, I've added 5lbs of muscle over the past 2 weeks, while fat loss has been under 1 lb.

My plan is to begin HGH at 2 iu. I was leaning toward a nighttime dose since I could use help sleeping, but it sounds like morning shots still deliver strong sleep benefits. I'll start with am and move to pm only if I need to. Bringing my body fat down is the goal. Earlier I dropped 35lbs on sema, then about 2 months ago I made the switch to Reta. The scale hasn't moved much lately, though the recomp has been good so far. Currently BF sits near 27%, and I'm aiming to push it under 20%, with 15-17% as the eventual target.

At 52, adding muscle has proven really tough for me. For the past year I've lifted heavy without missing sessions, and I even ran a mild bulk, yet the only thing that grew was fat, not muscle. TRT has completely changed things for me, and I'm eager to see where HGH fits into the picture.
Something to consider:

NOTE: Growth hormone dosing uses IU (international units) and mg (milligrams):

1 mg = 3 IU

1 IU = 0.33 mg

Initial dosing:

• Under 30 years old:

1.2 – 1.5 IU daily (0.4 – 0.5 mg/day) (possibly greater for those moving from pediatric care)

• 30-60 years old:

0.6 – 0.9 IU daily (0.2 – 0.3 mg/day)

• Over 60 years old:

0.3 -0.6 IU daily (0.1-0.2 mg/day)

Anyone with diabetes, or who may be prone to insulin resistance / glucose intolerance, ought to begin at the smallest dose (0.3 -0.6 IU daily) no matter their age.

Subcutaneous shots are typically given at night so they resemble the body's natural overnight GH release.

Raising the dose (titration):

Every 1 to 2 months, raise the dose by 0.3 -0.6 IU daily (0.1-0.2 mg/day), guided by clinical response, blood IGF-1 levels, side effects, and personal factors such as insulin resistance / glucose intolerance.

For older patients, longer gaps between increases and smaller steps may be needed.

What GH treatment aims for:

Target blood IGF-I levels in the middle of the normal range for age and sex, unless side effects are significant. A trial of higher GH doses may be considered to see whether more benefit occurs, provided serum IGF-I stays within the normal range and no side effects appear.

Monitoring:

Although IGF-1 levels do not reliably reflect GH status, using IGF-1 to monitor treatment of adult GH disorders is now broadly accepted, particularly since GH-dosing for growth hormone deficiency has shifted from weight-based dosing (linked to overtreatment and side effects) toward individualized dose-titration strategies that keep IGF1 within target limits.[7]

Once maintenance doses are reached, check every 6 months. Monitoring should cover clinical evaluation and side effects, blood IGF-1, fasting blood glucose, T3, T4 and free T4, plus a lipid profile. Quality of life assessments may be performed every 6 or 12 months.

For patients also receiving thyroid, sex hormone or glucocorticoid treatment, dose adjustments may be required once GH replacement begins.

Situations that may call for higher GH doses:

• Young patients, whatever the onset type

• Low blood IGF-1 levels

• Starting oral estrogen

• Switching from transdermal to oral estrogen

• To promote breakdown of stored body fat (lipolysis)

Situations that may call for lower GH doses:

• Elderly patients

• High blood IGF-1 levels

• Stopping oral estrogen

• Switching from oral to transdermal estrogen

• Concurrent testosterone treatment

• Higher fasting blood glucose and/or HbA1c (i.e. worsening glucose tolerance)
 
Useful details. I appreciate the extra context. This is definitely a factor to consider when figuring out an initial dose. Would you mind sharing where this information comes from?
 
Bunts said:

A few more weeks have passed!

My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.

Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.

Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!

Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.

One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.

Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.

HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!

Appreciate you reading 🙂
Once you began HGH, how soon did you notice anything? I've only just started, so I'm wondering — I've come across claims that meaningful results need 6-12 months???
 
MTSpace said:

Bunts said:

A few more weeks have passed!

My nightly dose now sits at 4iu. That's as high as I plan to go, or at least that's how I feel right now.

Water retention hasn't gone anywhere, and sadly the trend line is pointing up. I knew this trade-off was coming, so I'm at peace with it, and honestly it isn't causing me much grief. There's a 'fuller' look to me that I don't mind. Some definition has slipped away, but nothing I can't handle. The carpal tunnel sensations have completely vanished, which is a relief - they were never more than mild anyway, even when they peaked.

Bodyfat keeps moving in the right direction. My smartwatch put me at 19.1% a 31 day stretch ago, and now it reads ~16%. Weight has barely budged, and neither has my gym strength. In fact I'm making progress right now despite eating in a deficit - body composition gains, amazing!

Skeletal muscle supports this too, climbing from 31.3kg to 32.8kg.

One caveat: those figures come from my samsung smartwatch, and my weight comes from a fairly cheap set of scales. My weigh-in timing stays consistent, though. Trends matter more to me than the raw figures, but putting numbers down makes this easier to explain.

Can I credit all of the above to HGH alone? I doubt it. Reta plus training like a hound surely plays a role. What stands out, though, is that the sole addition this past month was HGH. My training volume, exercise selection, and calorie deficit have all stayed roughly the same.

HGH stays in the picture for the foreseeable future!

Appreciate you reading 🙂
Once you began HGH, how soon did you notice anything? I've only just started, so I'm wondering — I've come across claims that meaningful results need 6-12 months???
Around the 3-month mark, I began to see differences.
 
MikeyMike said:

Useful details. I appreciate the extra context. This is definitely a factor to consider when figuring out an initial dose. Would you mind sharing where this information comes from?
That's ChatGPT, or perhaps a different AI application.
 
Back
Top