HGH and Glucose Readings...

tedvio

Explorer
Joined
Nov 12, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
I'm completely new to running HGH alongside my current regimen. My main reasons are just overall wellness and improved sleep quality. I'm in my 50's and don't have any other medical conditions. For the past year I've been taking 2.5mg mounjaro, which brought me down from 192 to 172 pounds, and I'm now maintaining on that dose.

To keep it brief, where I live I can't order individual blood tests. That means if I want to monitor HGH effects, I'd have to depend on a glucose meter. I got ahead of myself and began taking 1iu in the evenings a few nights back, without any proper baseline testing beyond some recent bloodwork done for my annual physical and other reasons. Those results showed a Glucose AC of 5.9 nmol/L, and that was taken before I started HGH.

Three evening doses later, I checked my glucose the next morning and got 6.2 nmol/L (roughly 115 mg/dl). However, I'd eaten a protein bar around 6 hours before, plus part of a crumbl cookie about 12 hours before, lol.

So.....should I pause the HGH, wait several days, and then get a proper fasting (8+ hours) morning glucose reading to establish a cleaner baseline? After that, restart and continue morning checks, making sure I've fasted at least 8 hours each time?
 
tedvio said:

I'm completely new to running HGH alongside my current regimen. My main reasons are just overall wellness and improved sleep quality. I'm in my 50's and don't have any other medical conditions. For the past year I've been taking 2.5mg mounjaro, which brought me down from 192 to 172 pounds, and I'm now maintaining on that dose.

To keep it brief, where I live I can't order individual blood tests. That means if I want to monitor HGH effects, I'd have to depend on a glucose meter. I got ahead of myself and began taking 1iu in the evenings a few nights back, without any proper baseline testing beyond some recent bloodwork done for my annual physical and other reasons. Those results showed a Glucose AC of 5.9 nmol/L, and that was taken before I started HGH.

Three evening doses later, I checked my glucose the next morning and got 6.2 nmol/L (roughly 115 mg/dl). However, I'd eaten a protein bar around 6 hours before, plus part of a crumbl cookie about 12 hours before, lol.

So.....should I pause the HGH, wait several days, and then get a proper fasting (8+ hours) morning glucose reading to establish a cleaner baseline? After that, restart and continue morning checks, making sure I've fasted at least 8 hours each time?
That approach sounds sensible to me — pause the gh for 3 days, then do your bc test right after waking. Nothing to eat past 9 pm the night before. Repeat that across 3 or 4 consecutive days so you have a baseline — and pay attention to what you consume during the day, since it can have a real impact on the following day's numbers.

I only began tracking bs readings within the past 3 weeks.

I'm far from an expert — roughly 10yrs your senior — and my gh is very low, so without hgh I deal with a lot of fatigue; with it, I feel like myself. My daily amount is 2.5iu, taken at 7am every morning. This morning I checked bs before the hgh: 5.3 at 7am. After taking hgh I went back to sleep for 2 hrs, then checked bs again (still fasted): 5.4 — so barely any spike.

Responses vary from person to person — right now I'm using reta, and being a heavier guy probably helps keep my bs readings settled. Reta is genuinely a wonder drug. My morning bs usually sits around 5.6, but I took my 5mg reta dose a few days ago — likely why this morning it's 5.3.

If your fasted morning bs remains elevated @ 5.9, you could think about stopping the monj and switching to a lite reta dose — perhaps 1mg twice per week — then recheck fasted morning bs (no hgh) to see whether anything shifts — 5.9 is on the high side.

My ex quit mj and has moved to reta.

Be careful about the quality of the hgh you purchase — depending on your dosage it can cause bad side effects. Aim for high purity — >95% — and low dimer — under .5% if available — read up on hgh quality.

At the dose I use it makes no real difference — at 5 or 8 iu it might.

Good luck on your journey my friend.
 
I’m not sure what your goal is, but using straight GH is going to make your insulin resistance worse.

If you put exogenous HGH (synthetic Human Growth Hormone) side by side with Tesamorelin when insulin resistance is the issue, Tesamorelin comes out as much safer and much less likely to damage blood sugar control.

Both of them raise circulating growth hormone (GH) and IGF-1, yes—but the way each one sends that signal into your cells is what changes everything for glucose metabolism.

1. Exogenous HGH: A Direct Opponent of Insulin

When you inject HGH directly, you skip past your body’s own regulatory machinery. Growth hormone does help with fat loss and keeping muscle, but it also works against insulin by nature:

It lowers glucose uptake: HGH reduces how well skeletal muscle and peripheral tissues pull glucose out of the bloodstream.

It drives free fatty acids up: through fast lipolysis (breaking down stored fat), it dumps fatty acids into the blood, and those fatty acids interfere with insulin signaling right at the cellular level.

The risk: with exogenous HGH, high or ongoing doses often produce higher fasting blood glucose, higher HbA1c, and worse insulin resistance.

2. Tesamorelin: Pulsatile Release & Less Visceral Fat

Tesamorelin belongs to the GHRH (Growth Hormone-Releasing Hormone) analog class. It doesn’t put GH into you directly; instead, it tells your pituitary gland to make and release its own GH.

Natural pulses stay intact: since it acts through your body’s own feedback loops, GH comes out in physiological pulses instead of one steady, unnaturally large surge. That pulsed pattern is far gentler on insulin sensitivity.

Glucose impact is neutral: clinical trials—including ones done specifically in type 2 diabetic patients—show Tesamorelin usually has no meaningful negative effect on glucose tolerance or fasting insulin levels.

It goes after Visceral Adipose Tissue (VAT): Tesamorelin was designed, and FDA-approved, to shrink deep visceral fat (the abdominal fat that sits around internal organs). Visceral fat is a big contributor to systemic inflammation and insulin resistance, so lowering VAT frequently brings downstream gains in overall metabolic health.
 
tedvio said:

I'm completely new to running HGH alongside my current regimen. My main reasons are just overall wellness and improved sleep quality. I'm in my 50's and don't have any other medical conditions. For the past year I've been taking 2.5mg mounjaro, which brought me down from 192 to 172 pounds, and I'm now maintaining on that dose.

To keep it brief, where I live I can't order individual blood tests. That means if I want to monitor HGH effects, I'd have to depend on a glucose meter. I got ahead of myself and began taking 1iu in the evenings a few nights back, without any proper baseline testing beyond some recent bloodwork done for my annual physical and other reasons. Those results showed a Glucose AC of 5.9 nmol/L, and that was taken before I started HGH.

Three evening doses later, I checked my glucose the next morning and got 6.2 nmol/L (roughly 115 mg/dl). However, I'd eaten a protein bar around 6 hours before, plus part of a crumbl cookie about 12 hours before, lol.

So.....should I pause the HGH, wait several days, and then get a proper fasting (8+ hours) morning glucose reading to establish a cleaner baseline? After that, restart and continue morning checks, making sure I've fasted at least 8 hours each time?
At the beginning it will spike, and after roughly 6 weeks it should come back down. Begin at 1 iu, then increase gradually month by month.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

I’m not sure what your goal is, but using straight GH is going to make your insulin resistance worse.

If you put exogenous HGH (synthetic Human Growth Hormone) side by side with Tesamorelin when insulin resistance is the issue, Tesamorelin comes out as much safer and much less likely to damage blood sugar control.

Both of them raise circulating growth hormone (GH) and IGF-1, yes—but the way each one sends that signal into your cells is what changes everything for glucose metabolism.

1. Exogenous HGH: A Direct Opponent of Insulin

When you inject HGH directly, you skip past your body’s own regulatory machinery. Growth hormone does help with fat loss and keeping muscle, but it also works against insulin by nature:

It lowers glucose uptake: HGH reduces how well skeletal muscle and peripheral tissues pull glucose out of the bloodstream.

It drives free fatty acids up: through fast lipolysis (breaking down stored fat), it dumps fatty acids into the blood, and those fatty acids interfere with insulin signaling right at the cellular level.

The risk: with exogenous HGH, high or ongoing doses often produce higher fasting blood glucose, higher HbA1c, and worse insulin resistance.

2. Tesamorelin: Pulsatile Release & Less Visceral Fat

Tesamorelin belongs to the GHRH (Growth Hormone-Releasing Hormone) analog class. It doesn’t put GH into you directly; instead, it tells your pituitary gland to make and release its own GH.

Natural pulses stay intact: since it acts through your body’s own feedback loops, GH comes out in physiological pulses instead of one steady, unnaturally large surge. That pulsed pattern is far gentler on insulin sensitivity.

Glucose impact is neutral: clinical trials—including ones done specifically in type 2 diabetic patients—show Tesamorelin usually has no meaningful negative effect on glucose tolerance or fasting insulin levels.

It goes after Visceral Adipose Tissue (VAT): Tesamorelin was designed, and FDA-approved, to shrink deep visceral fat (the abdominal fat that sits around internal organs). Visceral fat is a big contributor to systemic inflammation and insulin resistance, so lowering VAT frequently brings downstream gains in overall metabolic health.
You can also get a test through justlabs, and they'll give you a lab order with a doctor's signature. The doctor's charge comes to roughly 10 dollars on top of whatever the test costs. After that, they provide a list of nearby labs where you can have your blood drawn — I rely on them regularly.

https://justlabs.health/dashboard
 
Are you saying the Glucose A1C result is 5.9 nmol/l?

If that's the case, you already fall into the pre-diabetic range, and rHGH could quite plausibly tip you over into full-blown diabetes. After all, it is officially categorized as a diabetogenic substance.

Assuming this is indeed A1C, it serves as yet another illustration of how careless, broad-scale rHGH use — pursued for some hazy "anti-aging" dream of benefits that simply aren't real, and begun without even a baseline IGF-1 measurement — will eventually provoke a crackdown from law enforcement, given the mounting reports of harm. People apparently think GH is the fountain of youth (it isn't), and that it's fairly harmless like other peptides (it isn't that either).
 
Back
Top