Hepcidin mimic for hematocrit control — anyone sourced it?

MTSpace

Explorer
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, FL
Rusfertide, from what I've read, is a peptide mimicking hepcidin that helps keep hematocrit in check. Does anyone have a source for it, or experience from the trials that have been run?

High hematocrit is my struggle, and phlebotomy then leaves me fighting low ferritin. A vicious cycle. Everything my doctor recommends gets done, and then I deviate into bro science with the Vorck method. Beyond hydration, nothing has moved the needle, and hydration stops helping past a certain point. If Rusfertide can genuinely address this, it's interesting.
 
Saw the doctor who prescribes my testosterone TRT. In his view Rusfertide could solve my erythrocytosis (elevated hematocrit) once it reaches the market. Timing was anyone's guess, as was whether insurance would cover it or it would be affordable. If the FDA approves it he reckons there's a real need for a drug like this, and dozens of his clients would benefit if it lives up to the hype.

Peptide suppliers have been getting messages from me, and my contacts don't seem to know this compound. A couple of them were challenged to research it, since they sell more than peptides. We shall see what they find. One day it'll be on the gray or black/dark market, I'm fairly sure. Phlebotomies and ferritin crashes get old fast.
 
Definitely on my list to watch for.

My endo has me on a shitty 50mg/ml weekly testosterone prescription, on account of red blood cell count and hematocrit
 
What do your free and total T look like on 50mg a week? Which ester? Cyp? Enan? And hematocrit on 50mg per week? Goodness, Total in the 100-200 range is where I'd be. 100mg a week puts me at 334 total/63 free pinning everyday. What's your pinning frequency?
 
Any word on this pep?! Anyone located a source?

It fascinates me. My HCT has given me huge problems in the past.

Thankfully, sleep apnea is under control and I stay at 46 now. Yet a cycle is on the horizon and that concerns me.
 
lastresort said:

Definitely on my list to watch for.

My endo has me on a shitty 50mg/ml weekly testosterone prescription, on account of red blood cell count and hematocrit
50mg? You may as well skip Test entirely tbh lol.
 
lastresort said:

Definitely on my list to watch for.

My endo has me on a shitty 50mg/ml weekly testosterone prescription, on account of red blood cell count and hematocrit

That's pretty crazy. At 50mg most people would land below their base, I'd think.
 
From what I gather, approval may land later this year with release in early 2027. Should that happen it'll get far more widely known, and somebody will manufacture it (making a boat load of money), since every dude on gear will want some. I'm keeping an eye out too — only at 46% here, though stronger cycles would likely be on my menu if Rusfertide arrives lol
 
Vash said:

lastresort said:

Definitely on my list to watch for.

My endo has me on a shitty 50mg/ml weekly testosterone prescription, on account of red blood cell count and hematocrit

That's pretty crazy. At 50mg most people would land below their base, I'd think.
Sad that doctors know so little about trt. Mine started me at 200mg cyp/week and, after the last blood work, boosted it to 225mg. This dose feels great.
 
unclebuff702 said:

From what I gather, approval may land later this year with release in early 2027. Should that happen it'll get far more widely known, and somebody will manufacture it (making a boat load of money), since every dude on gear will want some. I'm keeping an eye out too — only at 46% here, though stronger cycles would likely be on my menu if Rusfertide arrives lol
Man, my HCT sits at 46 too. Losartin is in the mix and seems to help a little as well.

But… it ran mid 50's before my sleep apnea got dialled in. Every 7 weeks came a phlebotomy and my ferritin got crashed. Physically it's the worst I've ever felt. Thankfully, a further sleep test and a much better fitting mask sorted it.

Everything on my bloods is being dialled in just now. The Rusfertide was something I found and thought, dang… I need it.

Fingers crossed for a swift release. And that gray picks it up.

(E) September is looking like a possible release! It isn't being used for HCT issues and TRT, yet. Only a blood cancer for now.

e719b38ea05990462e45e9e3267429caf3bcaaa5d5094923645983e42af4da5e.jpg




FDA Accepts NDA and Grants Priority Review for Rusfertide



Takeda and Protagonist announce U.S. FDA acceptance and grants priority review for rusfertide new drug application for adults with polycythemia vera (PV)

www.takeda.com
 
Throttle883 said:

unclebuff702 said:

From what I gather, approval may land later this year with release in early 2027. Should that happen it'll get far more widely known, and somebody will manufacture it (making a boat load of money), since every dude on gear will want some. I'm keeping an eye out too — only at 46% here, though stronger cycles would likely be on my menu if Rusfertide arrives lol
Man, my HCT sits at 46 too. Losartin is in the mix and seems to help a little as well.

But… it ran mid 50's before my sleep apnea got dialled in. Every 7 weeks came a phlebotomy and my ferritin got crashed. Physically it's the worst I've ever felt. Thankfully, a further sleep test and a much better fitting mask sorted it.

Everything on my bloods is being dialled in just now. The Rusfertide was something I found and thought, dang… I need it.

Fingers crossed for a swift release. And that gray picks it up.

(E) September is looking like a possible release! It isn't being used for HCT issues and TRT, yet. Only a blood cancer for now.

View attachment 129



FDA Accepts NDA and Grants Priority Review for Rusfertide



Takeda and Protagonist announce U.S. FDA acceptance and grants priority review for rusfertide new drug application for adults with polycythemia vera (PV)

www.takeda.com
OSA control is KEY. Mine goes back to 11th grade (big fat neck lol — after I nodded off gasping on the team bus, the HS football coach told me to get a sleep study). APAP compliance sits at 100%, with an AHI averaging 1.8 across a rolling 30 days. OSA and everything it drags along scares the shit out of me — a college football buddy of mine died in his sleep from it, it's no joke.

Conversations with a good number of custom API manufacturers, plus heaps of research, leave me thinking Rusfertide will be a challenge because it's a cyclic peptide. My understanding is that synthesis is considerably harder, and the testing partners we currently use in the grey space neither have nor offer what's needed to test a cyclic peptide accurately. Whoever cracks the code is going to make a mint!
 

Attachments

  • e719b38ea05990462e45e9e3267429caf3bcaaa5d5094923645983e42af4da5e.jpg
    e719b38ea05990462e45e9e3267429caf3bcaaa5d5094923645983e42af4da5e.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 35
unclebuff702 said:

Throttle883 said:

unclebuff702 said:

From what I gather, approval may land later this year with release in early 2027. Should that happen it'll get far more widely known, and somebody will manufacture it (making a boat load of money), since every dude on gear will want some. I'm keeping an eye out too — only at 46% here, though stronger cycles would likely be on my menu if Rusfertide arrives lol
Man, my HCT sits at 46 too. Losartin is in the mix and seems to help a little as well.

But… it ran mid 50's before my sleep apnea got dialled in. Every 7 weeks came a phlebotomy and my ferritin got crashed. Physically it's the worst I've ever felt. Thankfully, a further sleep test and a much better fitting mask sorted it.

Everything on my bloods is being dialled in just now. The Rusfertide was something I found and thought, dang… I need it.

Fingers crossed for a swift release. And that gray picks it up.

(E) September is looking like a possible release! It isn't being used for HCT issues and TRT, yet. Only a blood cancer for now.

View attachment 129



FDA Accepts NDA and Grants Priority Review for Rusfertide



Takeda and Protagonist announce U.S. FDA acceptance and grants priority review for rusfertide new drug application for adults with polycythemia vera (PV)

www.takeda.com
OSA control is KEY. Mine goes back to 11th grade (big fat neck lol — after I nodded off gasping on the team bus, the HS football coach told me to get a sleep study). APAP compliance sits at 100%, with an AHI averaging 1.8 across a rolling 30 days. OSA and everything it drags along scares the shit out of me — a college football buddy of mine died in his sleep from it, it's no joke.

Conversations with a good number of custom API manufacturers, plus heaps of research, leave me thinking Rusfertide will be a challenge because it's a cyclic peptide. My understanding is that synthesis is considerably harder, and the testing partners we currently use in the grey space neither have nor offer what's needed to test a cyclic peptide accurately. Whoever cracks the code is going to make a mint!

Wow, reading that was rough to take in. Think of how many people on TRT have to donate blood constantly — this could make a real difference for them. And from what I gather, cancer patients stand to gain from it too. Hurry up and get it out there, we could use it.

Glad the apnea is finally under control on your end. Mine got so bad I'd wake up choking on it four or five nights out of the week, which eventually turned into pneumonia, and that is what sent me in for the sleep studies. Even after that it stayed poorly managed until the mask entered the picture. Absolute life changer, honestly! Getting used to wearing one is rough at the start, but nothing else has worked this well for me.
 
Put me down with everyone else sitting around for it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Still nothing? A google search turns up places selling it, but that route isn't happening on my end.
 
Back
Top