Help with First Stack

fattymckee

Explorer
Joined
Oct 24, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
I've been on 15mg tirz for quite a while, and now I'm looking to stack reta on top of it.

What dose do you suggest? Should both be pinned on the same days, or on different days? I'm guessing they're separate shots and not combined into one, right?

And about keeping reta—does it have to be refrigerated? I came across something saying the freezer is bad for reta.
 
The idea that the freezer is a bad place is a myth. Reta that hasn't been reconstituted ought to be frozen, though the fridge or a cool basement works too.

Keep in mind I've never stacked anything, so this is just based on what I've read.

Were I in your position, I'd drop the tirz dose by 1mg and bring in the reta gradually, likely switching back and forth with your tirz dose so the appetite suppression stacks.

This site has additional resources. By the way, you can Google search the website.

Link:

Google Search
 
Store the reta powder in the freezer, and take tirz and reta on alternating days. My routine is 5 of reta, followed 4 days afterward by 5 of tirz.
 
My stack consists of 10mg tirzepatide alongside 4mg reta. Since semaglutide came before the tirz, my system had already gotten used to GLP1-s. Reta began at 2mg for me, later raised to 4mg. Monday is my reta day, while tirz goes in on Thursday. So far the results have been great.
 
When I made the choice to introduce reta, my tirz dose stood at 8mg. My Monday injection was 8mg tirz, and I took 0.5mg reta on Friday. The following week I went to 7mg tirz on Monday plus 1mg reta on Friday. Each 2 weeks I raised reta and cut tirz. The final ratio I landed on was 4 tirz and 4 reta. These days I'm running 5 to 5.
 
gothsoup said:

My stack consists of 10mg tirzepatide alongside 4mg reta. Since semaglutide came before the tirz, my system had already gotten used to GLP1-s. Reta began at 2mg for me, later raised to 4mg. Monday is my reta day, while tirz goes in on Thursday. So far the results have been great.
I take 15mg of tirz (Mounjaro, prescribed by my PCP). Reta has caught my attention. If someone on that high a weekly tirz dose were to add reta, would any amount be crazy?
 
What you're hoping to get out of adding reta matters a great deal here. My guess is there's still weight you'd like to shed. Would you be replacing your current regimen with reta, or stacking it on top of 15mg tirz? It would help to know your starting weight, goal weight, current weight, age, and height. Also, how long have you been using tirz? Any side effects from it? And is there a reason you wouldn't simply bump up the tirz dose rather than bringing reta into the mix?

In my own case, I stacked 5mg of reta with 15mg of tirz, and I actually combine both in a single syringe when injecting. That said, my purpose is holding onto a 54% weight reduction, so I figure aggressive dosing and pairing GLP agents makes sense when the goal is controlling serious, long-standing obesity, even though there isn't strong evidence yet on whether that's safe.
 
lessthanhalf said:

What you're hoping to get out of adding reta matters a great deal here. My guess is there's still weight you'd like to shed. Would you be replacing your current regimen with reta, or stacking it on top of 15mg tirz? It would help to know your starting weight, goal weight, current weight, age, and height. Also, how long have you been using tirz? Any side effects from it? And is there a reason you wouldn't simply bump up the tirz dose rather than bringing reta into the mix?

In my own case, I stacked 5mg of reta with 15mg of tirz, and I actually combine both in a single syringe when injecting. That said, my purpose is holding onto a 54% weight reduction, so I figure aggressive dosing and pairing GLP agents makes sense when the goal is controlling serious, long-standing obesity, even though there isn't strong evidence yet on whether that's safe.
For roughly 12 months I have been on 15mg tirz, and my weight keeps going up and down. There is still a great deal I need to shed. Tirz helped me drop 80lbs, though some of it has come back. My next goal is another 50lbs.

My hope was that adding reta could help curb appetite and quiet food noise, since tirz only appears to do that for a few days before fading. I considered splitting tirz into 2 weekly pins, but what I have come across regarding reta sounds encouraging.
 
I'm only about a month in and still at the starting dose of Tirz (2.5mg), so pretty new to all of this. My idea was to combine it with Reta to get the benefits of both.

About three days after my Tirz shot, I introduced 1mg of Reta. The day following that Reta dose, food noise was suppressed really strongly, and I also felt more energetic than I do on Tirz by itself.

Depending on how this week goes, I may lower the Reta to 0.5mg. As of now, though, I prefer it to Tirz on its own. Just my two cents.
 
Take the reta slowly, and as others said, consider reducing your Tirz dose a little—there's no point using more than you actually require. Also, yes, it's recommended to keep your injection days apart, unless you happen to be a masochist like lessthanhalf 😅

Regarding what you heard about Reta and freezing, to be clear: all lyophilized glps do gain longevity from freezing, but after reconstitution they lose that same resilience. Tirz can be frozen in its reconstituted form with only minimal degradation, even through repeated freeze-thaw cycles, whereas Reta is more delicate and handles freeze cycles poorly once it has been reconstituted.
 
fattymckee said:

I've been on 15mg tirz for quite a while, and now I'm looking to stack reta on top of it.

What dose do you suggest? Should both be pinned on the same days, or on different days? I'm guessing they're separate shots and not combined into one, right?

And about keeping reta—does it have to be refrigerated? I came across something saying the freezer is bad for reta.
"Cross stacking" is what another person named it. I found that pretty clever. My approach would be to lower the Tirz while the Reta is raised SLOWLY. These days I'm in maintenance: 4mg Tirz keeps my appetite in check, and 8mg Reta keeps the fat burning going. That said, while I was still losing weight, I climbed Reta all the way to 12mg and dropped Tirz to 5mg, where I stayed. For me it was super effective. In 11 months my BMI went from 39 down to 21. I dropped 112lbs, which was 46% of my body weight.

"Cross stacking" definitely did the job for me. As for how quickly to reduce Tirz and increase Reta? Sadly there's no universal answer, it comes down to trial and error. The one thing I'd change about my Reta experience: I jumped from 2mg one week to 3mg the next, and ended up with diarrhea for a week. After that I took it slow.
 
fattymckee said:

lessthanhalf said:

What you're hoping to get out of adding reta matters a great deal here. My guess is there's still weight you'd like to shed. Would you be replacing your current regimen with reta, or stacking it on top of 15mg tirz? It would help to know your starting weight, goal weight, current weight, age, and height. Also, how long have you been using tirz? Any side effects from it? And is there a reason you wouldn't simply bump up the tirz dose rather than bringing reta into the mix?

In my own case, I stacked 5mg of reta with 15mg of tirz, and I actually combine both in a single syringe when injecting. That said, my purpose is holding onto a 54% weight reduction, so I figure aggressive dosing and pairing GLP agents makes sense when the goal is controlling serious, long-standing obesity, even though there isn't strong evidence yet on whether that's safe.
For roughly 12 months I have been on 15mg tirz, and my weight keeps going up and down. There is still a great deal I need to shed. Tirz helped me drop 80lbs, though some of it has come back. My next goal is another 50lbs.

My hope was that adding reta could help curb appetite and quiet food noise, since tirz only appears to do that for a few days before fading. I considered splitting tirz into 2 weekly pins, but what I have come across regarding reta sounds encouraging.
Given that your goal is to drop 130 lbs, roughly 60 kilos, it seems you fall into the category of fairly severe obesity, which is also my situation. If tirz at 15mg is still your dose and 80 pounds have already come off, then without percentages it's tough to say for sure, but you're almost certainly near the ceiling of tirz's effectiveness for you, and your weight loss response has been above average. Sadly, current GLP drugs aren't quite potent enough to bring individuals carrying over 30% excess weight back to a normal weight, at least not at standard doses or without stacking additional compounds. The strongest result so far is reta at 29% averaged over a year.

Many suggestions here involve either switching to reta or lowering tirz and adding reta, which is a sensible path, yet I'm skeptical that simply moving from 15mg tirz to 12mg reta would be sufficient to shed the remaining 50 lbs; more plausibly it might account for 10-20 of those pounds.

You didn't bring up side effects, so I'll take it they aren't an issue. My reasoning for adding reta instead of replacing tirz was this: after a year of relentless nausea on low-dose ozempic, tirzepatide at 15mg had very few side effects and kept hunger reasonably in check, so I didn't want to jeopardize that by switching. Instead I simply added a small amount of reta, 5mg, for a bit more glp-1 and gip receptor activity plus some additional benefit from reta's glucagon agonism. That took me from 78kg down to 66kg over 9 months, totaling 54% weight loss. Neither reta nor tirz can be pushed higher because skin sensitivity worsens sharply with even tiny increases of either. More crucially, I had already lost most of the weight without drugs, which helped manage the near-constant hunger from trying to keep so much weight off, and hopefully that will make maintenance easier. Right now I'm also trialing low-dose cagri at 0.25-0.5 mg; I'm unsure whether I like it—slightly less hungry, slightly more nausea, so it's hard to judge.

So my guess is the choices are: switch to reta gradually by raising it while lowering tirz, or just add extra reta, or increase tirz to around 20mg, or introduce low-dose cagri. Each is likely to move things in the right direction, but whether any will be enough to lose another 50 lbs is far less clear. In reality, it will require a long stretch of careful trial and error to find what works best with the fewest side effects. There's basically no science on this yet; my reasoning is that the known and unknown risks of combination therapy are probably smaller than the risks of severe uncontrolled obesity.

The other point is that preserving the current weight loss matters most for future health. Being 50 lbs overweight isn't ideal, but being 130 lbs overweight is truly dangerous, so simply keeping that off dramatically cuts long-term health risks. And over time, maintaining weight loss is much harder than losing it initially, so whatever drug or drugs you choose must be tolerable side-effect-wise to stay on them long term and keep the weight off.
 
gothsoup said:

My stack consists of 10mg tirzepatide alongside 4mg reta. Since semaglutide came before the tirz, my system had already gotten used to GLP1-s. Reta began at 2mg for me, later raised to 4mg. Monday is my reta day, while tirz goes in on Thursday. So far the results have been great.
When using this combination, do you see weight come off, and how fast does that happen?
 
fattymckee said:

lessthanhalf said:

What you're hoping to get out of adding reta matters a great deal here. My guess is there's still weight you'd like to shed. Would you be replacing your current regimen with reta, or stacking it on top of 15mg tirz? It would help to know your starting weight, goal weight, current weight, age, and height. Also, how long have you been using tirz? Any side effects from it? And is there a reason you wouldn't simply bump up the tirz dose rather than bringing reta into the mix?

In my own case, I stacked 5mg of reta with 15mg of tirz, and I actually combine both in a single syringe when injecting. That said, my purpose is holding onto a 54% weight reduction, so I figure aggressive dosing and pairing GLP agents makes sense when the goal is controlling serious, long-standing obesity, even though there isn't strong evidence yet on whether that's safe.
For roughly 12 months I have been on 15mg tirz, and my weight keeps going up and down. There is still a great deal I need to shed. Tirz helped me drop 80lbs, though some of it has come back. My next goal is another 50lbs.

My hope was that adding reta could help curb appetite and quiet food noise, since tirz only appears to do that for a few days before fading. I considered splitting tirz into 2 weekly pins, but what I have come across regarding reta sounds encouraging.
Although Reta (and Triz to a degree) might give your metabolism a bit of a lift, the bottom line is that a calorie deficit is still necessary. If you just sit back and expect the medication to handle everything, there's a limit to how far that gets you, and it certainly won't fix things permanently. In some cases the problem is that someone isn't eating enough, but that doesn't seem to be what's happening for you.

These drugs make it easier to consume less, but my view is that lasting, genuine fat loss comes mainly from lowering the calorie density of what you eat rather than cutting down the amount. What's needed isn't going on a diet, it's altering how you eat. By filling up on foods with fewer calories per bite (mostly whole foods, with as much veg as you can work in), you can eat a larger amount, feel fuller, and ideally depend on the medication less and less.

Best of luck.
 
fattymckee said:

I've been on 15mg tirz for quite a while, and now I'm looking to stack reta on top of it.

What dose do you suggest? Should both be pinned on the same days, or on different days? I'm guessing they're separate shots and not combined into one, right?

And about keeping reta—does it have to be refrigerated? I came across something saying the freezer is bad for reta.

From what you've likely come across, the concern is over putting already-mixed reta into the freezer. Compared with tirzepatide, reta seems less stable once it has been reconstituted and frozen. Because of that, freezing reconstituted reta is probably something to steer clear of. Lyophilized reta vials, on the other hand, are best stored in the freezer.

On the stacking question — have you thought about pushing your tirzepatide dose above 15mg? I'm currently at 18mg, and plenty of people go considerably higher. Lilly has clinical trials underway for higher doses.

Stacking with reta wasn't something I wanted to do, so sema was my first attempt, and I liked it a lot. This week I added cagri to the mix, and the result has been fantastic — precisely what I was after.
 
Grogu said:

fattymckee said:

I've been on 15mg tirz for quite a while, and now I'm looking to stack reta on top of it.

What dose do you suggest? Should both be pinned on the same days, or on different days? I'm guessing they're separate shots and not combined into one, right?

And about keeping reta—does it have to be refrigerated? I came across something saying the freezer is bad for reta.

From what you've likely come across, the concern is over putting already-mixed reta into the freezer. Compared with tirzepatide, reta seems less stable once it has been reconstituted and frozen. Because of that, freezing reconstituted reta is probably something to steer clear of. Lyophilized reta vials, on the other hand, are best stored in the freezer.

On the stacking question — have you thought about pushing your tirzepatide dose above 15mg? I'm currently at 18mg, and plenty of people go considerably higher. Lilly has clinical trials underway for higher doses.

Stacking with reta wasn't something I wanted to do, so sema was my first attempt, and I liked it a lot. This week I added cagri to the mix, and the result has been fantastic — precisely what I was after.
Appreciate it. What was your reasoning behind picking the Cagri dose?
 
When_Pigs_Fly said:

Grogu said:

fattymckee said:

I've been on 15mg tirz for quite a while, and now I'm looking to stack reta on top of it.

What dose do you suggest? Should both be pinned on the same days, or on different days? I'm guessing they're separate shots and not combined into one, right?

And about keeping reta—does it have to be refrigerated? I came across something saying the freezer is bad for reta.

From what you've likely come across, the concern is over putting already-mixed reta into the freezer. Compared with tirzepatide, reta seems less stable once it has been reconstituted and frozen. Because of that, freezing reconstituted reta is probably something to steer clear of. Lyophilized reta vials, on the other hand, are best stored in the freezer.

On the stacking question — have you thought about pushing your tirzepatide dose above 15mg? I'm currently at 18mg, and plenty of people go considerably higher. Lilly has clinical trials underway for higher doses.

Stacking with reta wasn't something I wanted to do, so sema was my first attempt, and I liked it a lot. This week I added cagri to the mix, and the result has been fantastic — precisely what I was after.
Appreciate it. What was your reasoning behind picking the Cagri dose?

When it comes to stacking, the common guidance is to introduce the new compound gradually and increase the dose only as far as you need or want. In the REDEFINE Trials, participants began at .25mg, so I used that as my starting point and moved upward from there.

Best of luck! Cagrilintide works really well.
 
Grogu said:

fattymckee said:

I've been on 15mg tirz for quite a while, and now I'm looking to stack reta on top of it.

What dose do you suggest? Should both be pinned on the same days, or on different days? I'm guessing they're separate shots and not combined into one, right?

And about keeping reta—does it have to be refrigerated? I came across something saying the freezer is bad for reta.

From what you've likely come across, the concern is over putting already-mixed reta into the freezer. Compared with tirzepatide, reta seems less stable once it has been reconstituted and frozen. Because of that, freezing reconstituted reta is probably something to steer clear of. Lyophilized reta vials, on the other hand, are best stored in the freezer.

On the stacking question — have you thought about pushing your tirzepatide dose above 15mg? I'm currently at 18mg, and plenty of people go considerably higher. Lilly has clinical trials underway for higher doses.

Stacking with reta wasn't something I wanted to do, so sema was my first attempt, and I liked it a lot. This week I added cagri to the mix, and the result has been fantastic — precisely what I was after.
What was your starting dose of Cagri, and do you space out your Tirz shots from your Cagri shot??
 
8 months into Tirzepatide, dosing 3.75mg every 6 days. Considering stacking 1mg Retatrutide on day 3 since food noise has started creeping back, with the long-term goal of moving from Tirzepatide to Retatrutide. Plan is to monitor how I feel, possibly bump Reta by 0.5mg weekly, and taper Tirzepatide down gradually after several weeks. I'll adjust based on my body's response and reassess from there.
 
skeptick said:

Grogu said:

fattymckee said:

I've been on 15mg tirz for quite a while, and now I'm looking to stack reta on top of it.

What dose do you suggest? Should both be pinned on the same days, or on different days? I'm guessing they're separate shots and not combined into one, right?

And about keeping reta—does it have to be refrigerated? I came across something saying the freezer is bad for reta.

From what you've likely come across, the concern is over putting already-mixed reta into the freezer. Compared with tirzepatide, reta seems less stable once it has been reconstituted and frozen. Because of that, freezing reconstituted reta is probably something to steer clear of. Lyophilized reta vials, on the other hand, are best stored in the freezer.

On the stacking question — have you thought about pushing your tirzepatide dose above 15mg? I'm currently at 18mg, and plenty of people go considerably higher. Lilly has clinical trials underway for higher doses.

Stacking with reta wasn't something I wanted to do, so sema was my first attempt, and I liked it a lot. This week I added cagri to the mix, and the result has been fantastic — precisely what I was after.
What was your starting dose of Cagri, and do you space out your Tirz shots from your Cagri shot??

My tirzepatide shot is on a different day, so I began Cagri at .25mg each Monday — that puts it 3 days later.
 
Back
Top