Help with bloodwork

rkbleddyn said:

woundcarping said:

rkbleddyn said:

Yesterday my results came back at 135. All I know is that it falls within range. I've thought about trying a hgh secretogoblin, though I'm still undecided.

A z score wasn't included in your results? Judging IGF-1 properly is tough when you only have the raw number and nothing to compare it against.
0.3

I'd take that as positive, yeah? Since the "normal" range sits at +/- 2, you're basically sitting at the population average.
 
See whether Goodlabs can serve your area. Using them could cut your costs. The draw itself still happens at Quest or LabCorp, but Goodlabs handles the arrangements, and the same tests may end up much cheaper. Tests can be selected individually or as part of a bundled panel. My IGF-1 test was done through them.

Should you go that route, look for a promo code and take 20% off!
 
TK1!! said:

See whether Goodlabs can serve your area. Using them could cut your costs. The draw itself still happens at Quest or LabCorp, but Goodlabs handles the arrangements, and the same tests may end up much cheaper. Tests can be selected individually or as part of a bundled panel. My IGF-1 test was done through them.

Should you go that route, look for a promo code and take 20% off!
I appreciate the suggestion, and I did look into them, but they don't cover where I live. It was still a solid idea, though. Right now I'm thinking about giving Vital Vault a try, since they work with Quest, and that's just 1.5 hours away from me.
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

TK1!! said:

See whether Goodlabs can serve your area. Using them could cut your costs. The draw itself still happens at Quest or LabCorp, but Goodlabs handles the arrangements, and the same tests may end up much cheaper. Tests can be selected individually or as part of a bundled panel. My IGF-1 test was done through them.

Should you go that route, look for a promo code and take 20% off!
I appreciate the suggestion, and I did look into them, but they don't cover where I live. It was still a solid idea, though. Right now I'm thinking about giving Vital Vault a try, since they work with Quest, and that's just 1.5 hours away from me.
Ah, my bad—that's not an option in your case. Fingers crossed that VV or another route comes through for you! Being able to pick and choose our own tests beats having the same panel dictated for everyone in the practice.

"Just 90 minutes"! 😁
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

I keep seeing people say “Get your IGF‑1 tested!” and honestly I don't know where to start. My current stack is HGH, Tesamorelin, Testosterone, and Ipamorelin, and the advice everywhere is that IGF‑1 needs monitoring — yet figuring out how to actually obtain that test has me stuck. Also 54Male.

When I asked my primary doctor, she said she’d never heard of it, so that only added to my confusion.

The nearest option for me is Quest (www.questhealth.com), but after going through every menu, category, and dropdown, nothing resembling an IGF‑1 test shows up. I genuinely want to do this the proper way, but wow… sourcing grey‑market peptides with crypto turned out to be less of a hassle than arranging legitimate lab work.

If someone here understands how Quest’s site is laid out and can tell me the specific tests to order, I’d be very grateful.

Extra credit if you can also say whether Quest provides all of the following: CBC, comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid panel, A1c, fasting insulin,, testosterone, free testosterone, estradiol, ApoB, nutrient panel, thyroid panel, CRP.

Thanks ahead of time — I’m putting in real effort to get this right. I know I’ve just been guessing at my levels and I want to change that.
I've got you, friend https://www.ultalabtests.com/test/igf-1-test

Take a look around the site to spot bundled panels that cut costs. Ulta's rates are the lowest I've come across, though Personalabs was my go-to before I discovered them.
 
dancs said:


You can go on fitomicslabs.com and if you pay for their "insider" services, you'll get additional discounts.

They have like 300+ different tests you can take.

This is for HGH, Tesa and Ipa:

IGF-1

Fasting glucose

HbA1c

Fasting insulin

Lipid panel

TSH

Free T4

Prolactin

Morning cortisol

This is for test:

Total testosterone

Free testosterone

SHBG

Estradiol

LH

FSH

PSA

This is recommended:

CBC with differential

Comprehensive metabolic panel (includes liver enzymes ALT/AST, kidney function creatinine/eGFR)

Don't take any chances. TAKE THEM ALL.

Click to expand...
thanks for putting that list together! I ran it through the Function Labs (found out about them on Reddit) chatbot to get pricing.

membership runs 365$ per year.

adding the igf panel cost 199, which feels steep to me?

everything in the test group came bundled with the membership

out of your suggested group, only 2 items weren't covered

  • CBC with differential: $19
  • Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP): $19

how does that compare to what fitomics charges? Function claims the membership allows 2 testing rounds annually, but that igf number really put me off
 
woundcarping said:

rkbleddyn said:

woundcarping said:

rkbleddyn said:

Yesterday my results came back at 135. All I know is that it falls within range. I've thought about trying a hgh secretogoblin, though I'm still undecided.

A z score wasn't included in your results? Judging IGF-1 properly is tough when you only have the raw number and nothing to compare it against.
0.3

I'd take that as positive, yeah? Since the "normal" range sits at +/- 2, you're basically sitting at the population average.

Right, that matches my understanding. Appreciate it.
 
Back
Top