Riviera
Explorer
Hey everyone - I'm just starting out with crypto and trying to learn the ropes. I set up an Exodus wallet, put some USDC in it, and now I want to use that USDC plus some SOL to pay vendors.
(For funding my Exodus, I didn't go through Coinbase - I used PayTrie since I'm in Canada, and it only supports depositing USDC and USDT into my Exodus wallet.)
But now I'm stuck. I understand I need SOL for gas fees if I'm going to use that network. From what I've read, though, it's not safe to swap USDC for SOL directly inside the Exodus wallet - is that accurate? My goal is just to use Exodus to pay vendors.
I looked into Jupiter to swap some USDC for SOL, but Jupiter doesn't work with Exodus - ugh! It does work with Phantom, though...
So I created a Phantom wallet, but I can't work out how to move the USDC over to Phantom so I can swap it for SOL... I can't send it on the Solana network because I don't have any gas... ugh...
Now I'm stuck in a loop - how do I break out of it? I've read that I could import my Exodus wallet keys into Phantom and do it that way - is that a good idea?
Any advice would be great!
I guess I could use Exodus to convert some USDC to SOL, then transfer both the USDC and SOL to Phantom and pay my vendors through Phantom... I've heard Exodus isn't very secure anyway... though lots of people seem to use it.
(For funding my Exodus, I didn't go through Coinbase - I used PayTrie since I'm in Canada, and it only supports depositing USDC and USDT into my Exodus wallet.)
But now I'm stuck. I understand I need SOL for gas fees if I'm going to use that network. From what I've read, though, it's not safe to swap USDC for SOL directly inside the Exodus wallet - is that accurate? My goal is just to use Exodus to pay vendors.
I looked into Jupiter to swap some USDC for SOL, but Jupiter doesn't work with Exodus - ugh! It does work with Phantom, though...
So I created a Phantom wallet, but I can't work out how to move the USDC over to Phantom so I can swap it for SOL... I can't send it on the Solana network because I don't have any gas... ugh...
Now I'm stuck in a loop - how do I break out of it? I've read that I could import my Exodus wallet keys into Phantom and do it that way - is that a good idea?
Any advice would be great!
I guess I could use Exodus to convert some USDC to SOL, then transfer both the USDC and SOL to Phantom and pay my vendors through Phantom... I've heard Exodus isn't very secure anyway... though lots of people seem to use it.