Help me fine-tune my training plan

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
 
Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
 
Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
 
Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
 
Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
 
Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
 
Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
 
Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
 
Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
Okay, going through close to 900 posts is going to be a nightmare, but I'll give it a shot.

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
Would you mind linking the top ones? For the time being, I'd rather stick with just wrist straps, not cuffs or anything like that.
 
Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
Okay, going through close to 900 posts is going to be a nightmare, but I'll give it a shot.

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
Would you mind linking the top ones? For the time being, I'd rather stick with just wrist straps, not cuffs or anything like that.
try the search feature

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
Okay, going through close to 900 posts is going to be a nightmare, but I'll give it a shot.

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
Would you mind linking the top ones? For the time being, I'd rather stick with just wrist straps, not cuffs or anything like that.



61c298b5ab16f550267a534279df2974405bdc16ffa8a6b6d1e1592aa5a12979.jpg




Premium Bamboo Wrist Sleeve



Get up with a revitalized feeling thanks to your fresh wrist recovery trick. Experience calming comfort and solid support shortly after slipping it on. Movements and tasks involving the wrist that once felt hard will become simple and pleasant. People around you will be amazed by your improved wrist power and will want to know your method. Only...

7a4428f0d42c52d3af03e811223a29b82189dba6e9dc225dce2ea44d0be5f195.png



www.onecompress.com



249c961e91ed1a4566498ae41d1aa517b981e51b0e8419d2eaf1064041f9663d.png




Wrist Wrap/Adjustable



The McDavid Wrist Wrap/Adjustable delivers heat and compression treatment to aid recovery and reduce discomfort from general wrist problems. Ideal for activities including Strength Training, Yoga, Workouts, MMA, Bowling, Golf & Tennis. Find out more...

61ff2c1ac15cc2117ab3808a0c12dbdbe34308a2c0b5883b128e89143563eab9.png



www.mcdavidusa.com


https://www.amazon.com/COFOF-Weightlifting-Deadlift-Powerlifting-Adjustable/dp/B0BS44Y8RM



https://www.amazon.com/VINSGUIR-Elastic-Weightlifting-Breathable-Protection/dp/B0BD4ZRDFX
 
Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
Okay, going through close to 900 posts is going to be a nightmare, but I'll give it a shot.

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
Would you mind linking the top ones? For the time being, I'd rather stick with just wrist straps, not cuffs or anything like that.
try the search feature

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
Okay, going through close to 900 posts is going to be a nightmare, but I'll give it a shot.

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
Would you mind linking the top ones? For the time being, I'd rather stick with just wrist straps, not cuffs or anything like that.



View attachment 10114



Premium Bamboo Wrist Sleeve



Get up with a revitalized feeling thanks to your fresh wrist recovery trick. Experience calming comfort and solid support shortly after slipping it on. Movements and tasks involving the wrist that once felt hard will become simple and pleasant. People around you will be amazed by your improved wrist power and will want to know your method. Only...

View attachment 10115


www.onecompress.com



View attachment 10116



Wrist Wrap/Adjustable



The McDavid Wrist Wrap/Adjustable delivers heat and compression treatment to aid recovery and reduce discomfort from general wrist problems. Ideal for activities including Strength Training, Yoga, Workouts, MMA, Bowling, Golf & Tennis. Find out more...

View attachment 10117


www.mcdavidusa.com


https://www.amazon.com/COFOF-Weightlifting-Deadlift-Powerlifting-Adjustable/dp/B0BS44Y8RM



https://www.amazon.com/VINSGUIR-Elastic-Weightlifting-Breathable-Protection/dp/B0BD4ZRDFX
Appreciate it, once I dig into it a bit more I'll grab one.

Also no clue where that search function is at lol
 

Attachments

  • 61c298b5ab16f550267a534279df2974405bdc16ffa8a6b6d1e1592aa5a12979.jpg
    61c298b5ab16f550267a534279df2974405bdc16ffa8a6b6d1e1592aa5a12979.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 7a4428f0d42c52d3af03e811223a29b82189dba6e9dc225dce2ea44d0be5f195.png
    7a4428f0d42c52d3af03e811223a29b82189dba6e9dc225dce2ea44d0be5f195.png
    565 bytes · Views: 5
  • 249c961e91ed1a4566498ae41d1aa517b981e51b0e8419d2eaf1064041f9663d.png
    249c961e91ed1a4566498ae41d1aa517b981e51b0e8419d2eaf1064041f9663d.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 61ff2c1ac15cc2117ab3808a0c12dbdbe34308a2c0b5883b128e89143563eab9.png
    61ff2c1ac15cc2117ab3808a0c12dbdbe34308a2c0b5883b128e89143563eab9.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 5
Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
Okay, going through close to 900 posts is going to be a nightmare, but I'll give it a shot.

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
Would you mind linking the top ones? For the time being, I'd rather stick with just wrist straps, not cuffs or anything like that.
try the search feature

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
If you looked through my past posts, you'd come across a tendon training routine. It involves 30 grams of collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, plus targeted time under tension work.
Okay, going through close to 900 posts is going to be a nightmare, but I'll give it a shot.

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Man, don't even get me started. I hit 6"3 at 13, then some doctor handed me cortisone pills for a fever and my vertical growth just quit. The only thing that kept going were my feet. Size 16 shoes now. That guy cost me a minimum of 6 inches in height.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
Nope... Collagen plus BpC = Wolverine mode unlocked.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
Yeah, my bad. I had assumed an injury was behind your wrist issues. After reading your later posts, though, it's clear the cause is strength gains that are uneven and excessive, which creates an imbalance. Wanting to get taller suggests to me that you're a teenager. If that's the case, there's an age threshold for when all 8 wrist bones finish developing. Also, I noticed a significant mistake in your workout write-up. Give me a second to locate it.

Wacky said:

Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I wouldn't call it ego lifting—more like my grip is off. Everyone keeps telling me the wrist ought to stay aligned with the arm, and I can manage that for a few reps, but then I revert to the bent-back wrist position. I keep attempting to fix my form, yet I just can't lol. The pain showed up after I began using 35+ kilos on incline/flat benchpress. I'm aware not to ego lift because I tested ALL of my 1rm on every machine back when I started and ran the 60-80% calculation (I stayed at 65% initially), and my method is to target 8 clean reps; once I hit 9-10 clean reps without my form shifting too much, I add 2.5kg and build my reps back up, cycling like that. Lately, though, I've been stretching my wrists and doing wrist curls before chest + shoulder exercises.

rettta said:

Let your wrist recover, forget about perfecting every detail, and pick exercises that don't cause pain—it doesn't matter if your routine isn't "perfect". What counts most is a workout you're able and willing to stick with. You won't make progress if your wrist takes you out of the game.
yeah I kinda agree, but I don't want my shoulders to fall behind lol, my shoulders are pretty weak compared to the rest of my body.

Crowreap said:

Smiter said:

Every one of those workout numbers holds up, sure — yet if the wrist is hurting or injured, none of it counts for much. I've dealt with wrist problems myself, one of them serious. After 7 years of treatments that went nowhere, the sidewinder finally sorted it out. Much like the ankle, the wrist is a fragile joint, but you can't do any upper-body work without it. Once I got it treated, it turned into the body part I most enjoy training.
The reason I brought up all those workout metrics is that I figured his wrist pain showed up once he started training on a regular basis. So right now, I can't tell whether the wrist pain was something chronic—present even before he began training consistently—or whether it emerged afterward. If it came afterward, then the workout metrics are definitely useful. If it's been a long-standing problem, I honestly don't know what the move is 🤷‍♂️

in that case, your point about it possibly being a medical issue, like arthritis, and needing some peps to address it might be on the money
The wrist pain only began a month ago when I started getting stronger on certain exercises, and I think it works like this: the muscle group I'm trying to bias is strong enough for the weight, but the supporting muscles/joints aren't, so maybe I need to focus more on forearm + wrist exercises so my wrists stop lagging behind.
Forearm work should never come BEFORE training a major body part. Put it afterward instead. Forearms, much like calves, react best to training that is high in both intensity and volume. That's an uncommon trait. Grippers, sledgehammer raises, plate pinch lifts, and the Sidewinder revolution 2.0 can all help you build wrist strength.
Thanks a bunch, I'll check out every one of those movements you mentioned.

On top of that, the whole wrist bone thing was news to me, so that's another topic I'll be researching. Lol I'm 18, so still a teenager. My height is 6'3 and honestly I'm a bit greedy about it lol, I figure 6'4 / 6'5 would be a chill height to land at. Since I'm pretty sure I can get there naturally, it doesn't stress me out much ( just a nice hope lol ).

birdwhacker said:

Wacky said:

birdwhacker said:

For your wrist, take BPC at 0.5mg 2 to 3 times daily, along with cartalax 1mg and KPV 1mg each day. Once you're familiar with how BPC affects you, introduce tb4/tb500 at 3-5mg weekly.

View: https://youtu.be/GmMfW2kCkeE
I'm thinking about getting bpc-157, can you give me more details on it? @Smiter Could you break it down as well, I noticed you brought up klow, glow, and the wolverine stack — I've come across those names but honestly don't know much about them. I'll research them further and buy it at a later point
BPC couldn't be more straightforward. I won't pretend to understand its exact mechanism—something related to improving blood flow to areas that are underserved—but the results are unmistakable. My starting dose was 250mcg, 3 times daily, then I moved to 500mcg twice daily. After just a few days, I realized I had zero muscle soreness, no aches or pains upon waking, while stretching, or during workouts. Getting going with a workout became much easier. Back pain dropped a lot. There are also some perks for sexual health.

The standard suggestion is 1mg daily, divided into 2 doses, for 1 or 2 months, then take a break.

I've got some TB4 headed my way – TB4 is trickier to source, costs more, and is essentially the "full version" of TB500. Technically its half life is shorter, but for peptides that isn't really an issue. The usual recommendation is 3-5mg weekly, and it's said to boost BPC's effects, especially in the muscles.

More users report side effects from TB than from BPC – BPC sides are uncommon.

Now that I've done a week of BPC, I'm really eager to introduce it. At only 27, I can only guess how helpful it could be for an older person or someone with genuine injuries.
Yeahh I can see it being helpful for older folks, my dad deals with loads of joint pain and stuff and I was thinking about getting bpc for him to help with those issues, but I don't think BPC would really solve my problem. The way I see it, bpc is more like a bandage on a wound instead of the wound actually healing ykwim? My guess is that my wrist strength is just lagging behind the strength of all my other muscles. Mostly because i kinda sorta used to skip forearm training. Whoops..
BpC also speeds up recovery, so you can train more often, which matters when forearms need at least 4 sessions a week.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Nice, you've unlocked master-lifter status. JM doesn't only hit the triceps, it builds up your elbow tendons and makes them bulletproof against tendonitis down the road.

Wacky said:

Smiter said:

Ah right, this slipped my mind...BEFORE ANY PRESS MOVEMENT, THE JM PRESS MUST COME FIRST. Get that movement down cold. 10000 reps.
JM PRESS IS THE BEST, I SWEAR. Everyone else at my gym that I train with can't stand it, and I'm sitting there thinking, are you serious? It's incredible. My triceps have never been wrecked like this, and honestly the soreness is great because it tells me I'm putting in the work. As for how I perform it, I keep an extremely close eye on my technique. Thanks to that (and I'm not trying to brag here), my friends — the ones who coach other people through exercises — will wave me over to check form, since they're aware I'm super picky about it.

So yeah, that's why it stung a bit when folks assumed I was ego lifting 😔
Screw that. We're men. Ego defines us. Without egos and without the balls to stand behind them, men are nothing. Ego lifting, dick lifting, nut-raising, all of it. Caveman sees, caveman wins, caveman enjoys women's lamentation. Bad to the Bone.
yoooo you need to take that doctor to task. Growth plates have been known to reopen — mrwollas on tiktok is one example, go check him out, I've pointed other people his way too.

Hmm I'ma dig deeper into peps ngl, bpc is 100% making the list, and ghk cu too.

Yeah I noticed that with jm press + tricep pushdown there's a slight twang in my elbows.

Yeah I could ego lift if I wanted, like I could full stack every machine I use, but what's the point if it's just gonna hurt after a while. 73kg bicep curl isn't even the weight I should be on, I can do 86kg, I just brace a lot which hurts my sides so I don't do it lol. But yeah that last sentence from you is the funniest thing I seen today LOL.
Since you're just starting out, now is when tendon development—specifically tendon hyperplasia—comes most easily. Beyond that, I'm not a fan of the 12-15 rep range. You ought to focus on strength work, with the exception of smaller muscle groups such as the forearms and calves.
Yeah I know, I really don't want to be an endurance eagle honestly. It's just that for exercises where my wrist has to bear weight, I can't use the proper loads, which stops me from staying in the 8-12 rep range. So my only options are to push through more wrist pain or add a few reps at lighter weights. Tendon hyperplasia — I'll look that up, thank you. You've genuinely been a huge help to me here, so I just want to say thanks.
No problem. During the time I was dealing with my wrist injury, I wore wrist wraps so the wrist stayed as still as possible, and I kept up my usual training. After that, I used wrist cuffs
I own wrist wraps, but honestly they're kind of meh — they look nice yet don't seem to do anything useful. I got them off amazon, though I'm not sure how well they work, so let me link them quickly.

Since I can't link them, I'll just attach a picture instead.

I also have hooks meant for lat pull down and wide grip rows, and those come with a wrist strap thing. Problem is, I can't tell whether that strap is actually built to keep the wrist stable or if it's only there so the hooks stay on my arm.
no, that's not going to do it — you need a version that keeps the fist or palm secured by the wrap.
Would you mind linking the top ones? For the time being, I'd rather stick with just wrist straps, not cuffs or anything like that.



View attachment 10114



Premium Bamboo Wrist Sleeve



Get up with a revitalized feeling thanks to your fresh wrist recovery trick. Experience calming comfort and solid support shortly after slipping it on. Movements and tasks involving the wrist that once felt hard will become simple and pleasant. People around you will be amazed by your improved wrist power and will want to know your method. Only...

View attachment 10115


www.onecompress.com



View attachment 10116



Wrist Wrap/Adjustable



The McDavid Wrist Wrap/Adjustable delivers heat and compression treatment to aid recovery and reduce discomfort from general wrist problems. Ideal for activities including Strength Training, Yoga, Workouts, MMA, Bowling, Golf & Tennis. Find out more...

View attachment 10117


www.mcdavidusa.com


https://www.amazon.com/COFOF-Weightlifting-Deadlift-Powerlifting-Adjustable/dp/B0BS44Y8RM



https://www.amazon.com/VINSGUIR-Elastic-Weightlifting-Breathable-Protection/dp/B0BD4ZRDFX
Appreciate it, once I dig into it a bit more I'll grab one.

Also no clue where that search function is at lol
 
@Wacky wait, you're hitting back on both Tuesday and Thursday, only 48hrs apart? Personally, I'd space that out more. For me, waiting a minimum of 4 days before working the same muscle group again makes a big difference in strength, recovery, and growth. Right now I'm stuck on a 3-day rotation rather than 5 because of a back injury, and I can feel the difference — I've had to drop leg day and run day. Come next week I'll return to leg day, run day, and a 5-day cycle, and I'm certain it'll change how my other sessions go, that's always been the case.
 
mrmors said:

@Wacky wait, you're hitting back on both Tuesday and Thursday, only 48hrs apart? Personally, I'd space that out more. For me, waiting a minimum of 4 days before working the same muscle group again makes a big difference in strength, recovery, and growth. Right now I'm stuck on a 3-day rotation rather than 5 because of a back injury, and I can feel the difference — I've had to drop leg day and run day. Come next week I'll return to leg day, run day, and a 5-day cycle, and I'm certain it'll change how my other sessions go, that's always been the case.
After a session, fatigue isn't really something I notice — sure, there's a bit of soreness that shows up once I head out and get back home, lingering for an hour or two, but by the time I get up the next morning it's gone. Given that, I doubt Thursday will hit me with any fatigue, especially since I'm still able to move the same weights and keep my form intact and all that.
 
Wacky said:

mrmors said:

@Wacky wait, you're hitting back on both Tuesday and Thursday, only 48hrs apart? Personally, I'd space that out more. For me, waiting a minimum of 4 days before working the same muscle group again makes a big difference in strength, recovery, and growth. Right now I'm stuck on a 3-day rotation rather than 5 because of a back injury, and I can feel the difference — I've had to drop leg day and run day. Come next week I'll return to leg day, run day, and a 5-day cycle, and I'm certain it'll change how my other sessions go, that's always been the case.
After a session, fatigue isn't really something I notice — sure, there's a bit of soreness that shows up once I head out and get back home, lingering for an hour or two, but by the time I get up the next morning it's gone. Given that, I doubt Thursday will hit me with any fatigue, especially since I'm still able to move the same weights and keep my form intact and all that.
Yep, your body's signals should always come first.
 
My recommendation: stick with the same routine, but apply progressive overload by lowering the rep count with every set that follows. This approach lets you gain strength and push yourself in a safe way, without subjecting your body and muscles to excessive shock.
 
Crowreap said:

wildweasel said:

some guy is asking how to improve his training plan and all anyone says is to add more peptides, seriously?

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.

What are you actually aiming for?

Is the aim fat loss? Getting stronger? Putting on size? Looking better? What exactly are you after
lol ikr!

Wacky said:

I’ve been hitting the gym 6 days a week without missing a session for 3 months straight. My strength has gone up a lot (I’ll list my numbers below). As for my current split, honestly I don’t know what it’s called — all I know is that the back half of my week follows Arnold’s routine. I’ll attach a picture showing my split and which exercises I use for each muscle group. If you spot anything I should improve, please let me know. I’m still a beginner at the gym, but I’ve managed to get a handle on most of the basics. I really NEED advice for my wrist pain, oh my lord — it holds me back so much and I have no idea how to sort it out. Anyway, here are the benchmarks: (every machine is a Matrix machine)

Preacher Curl Machine: 73kg

Cable Tricep Pushdown: 37.5kg

Lat Pulldown: 93 (planning to go to 103 next week)

Incline Chest (Smith): 30kg per side, 71KG TOTAL ---------> My left wrist limits me a LOT, so now I can only manage around 25kg at about 4-5/10 pain.

Pec Fly: 120KG

Shoulder Press Machine: 40kg per side ------> Again, my left wrist drags it down to 30 kilos with 6/10 pain

If there’s any other machine you want to know about, just ask and I’ll give you the numbers.

Please tell me what I should change, what to keep, and anything else you think would help.
Roughly 3 years back I got into lifting, and pretty quickly my wrists started holding me back too. What worked for me was dropping the load and doing each rep a bit more slowly, with cleaner technique and more control. That appeared to clear it up. The same pattern hit my left shoulder or left clavicle, particularly on bench. The cause was simply ego lifting. Once you ditch the ego, reduce the weight, make a big improvement to your form, and push the reps up into the 10 to 15 range, staying there and going to failure, then no joints ache. I've kept at this for a while now. The hypertrophy I'm getting is insane. So it's great that your strength has increased significantly, but maybe stop chasing heavy numbers and instead prioritize form and how good each single rep is. After I made that switch, every bit of my joint pain gradually vanished. I train daily for two hours (ppl split) and have zero joint pain. So my question to you is whats your rep range looking like? are you ego lifting?
I'm with you on that. Letting the wrist recover would be my approach. Repetitive wrist problems used to be something I dealt with. Gloves and wrist supports made a difference for me. From what I went through, my wrists were weak, and ganglion cysts would show up when I trained. It wasn't my body's way of

Shielding my wrists.

At 50 yoa, I can lift a lot, but when it comes to strength training I go slow and controlled and keep my attention on form. You can reach fatigue without loading your joints.

For a while, until the wrist improves, I'd put my attention on other movements and areas like core and legs. And if you haven't started BPC-157 yet, definitely begin it close to the sore wrist
 
Back
Top