Help! I lost too much weight

Beyond what you originally asked, here's something worth keeping in mind: no matter which route you choose, running your plan through a half-life calculator is a smart move. The reason is that just like ramping up can produce surprising concentrations of the medication in your system, ramping down behaves the same way.

Take a scenario: suppose you wanted to drop from 3mg/week down to 1.5mg/week. What you'd actually do is miss your next weekly shot, then begin 1.5mg two weeks after the previous dose. Counter-intuitive as it seems, this approach gets you to your new steady state in just 1 week instead of creeping toward it across a month.
 
randompersonrandom said:

DunningKruger said:

I left my immediate family behind more than 10 years back, and these days the only one I still talk to is 1 cousin. So honestly, I ought to have figured it out, since they fit exactly the description you gave. Luckily, I've built friendships and a relationship with someone who are completely the reverse, and yes, you're correct, they're the good kind.

It pains me if unsupportive loved ones have been part of your life; when it comes from people who should be your safe place, the sting is always worst.

Honestly, I’ve had good fortune myself. Every close blood relative still in my life is a wonderful source of encouragement, and the people in my own circles are among the kindest and most uplifting anywhere. I also know some folks who are deeply committed to body acceptance and, in principle, against weight loss altogether—yet even they are happy for me and back my choice to do what I want. We all make an effort to mind how we discuss it, since neither side wants to irritate the other. But because I’m open about Tirzepatide—and, to some extent, open about grey—every single person on Tirzepatide shares their whole story with me. That’s fine, but my god. The accounts I get from women dealing with family and husband problems, women who are simply fighting to avoid a heart attack or just trying to find out how the “standard size” world lives—and there I am, working to keep a calm, mildly curious expression while inside I’m SCREAMIN.
This is the reason I've kept it to just 1 person IRL. If most of my friends knew, they'd judge me for it. So these days, the only ones I can discuss it with are you lovely folks <3

So, drumroll please.. earlier today I put on a dress that I adored from nearly 30 years back, and it fit!!

On top of that, it looks really good! (apart from my bat wings, so, it's time for the gym!!)
 
desinr-gal said:

randompersonrandom said:

DunningKruger said:

I left my immediate family behind more than 10 years back, and these days the only one I still talk to is 1 cousin. So honestly, I ought to have figured it out, since they fit exactly the description you gave. Luckily, I've built friendships and a relationship with someone who are completely the reverse, and yes, you're correct, they're the good kind.

It pains me if unsupportive loved ones have been part of your life; when it comes from people who should be your safe place, the sting is always worst.

Honestly, I’ve had good fortune myself. Every close blood relative still in my life is a wonderful source of encouragement, and the people in my own circles are among the kindest and most uplifting anywhere. I also know some folks who are deeply committed to body acceptance and, in principle, against weight loss altogether—yet even they are happy for me and back my choice to do what I want. We all make an effort to mind how we discuss it, since neither side wants to irritate the other. But because I’m open about Tirzepatide—and, to some extent, open about grey—every single person on Tirzepatide shares their whole story with me. That’s fine, but my god. The accounts I get from women dealing with family and husband problems, women who are simply fighting to avoid a heart attack or just trying to find out how the “standard size” world lives—and there I am, working to keep a calm, mildly curious expression while inside I’m SCREAMIN.
This is the reason I've kept it to just 1 person IRL. If most of my friends knew, they'd judge me for it. So these days, the only ones I can discuss it with are you lovely folks <3

So, drumroll please.. earlier today I put on a dress that I adored from nearly 30 years back, and it fit!!

On top of that, it looks really good! (apart from my bat wings, so, it's time for the gym!!)
That's wonderful news, dg! You deserve something that makes you this happy — you're genuinely such a kind soul.
 
black_tweets said:

Apologies for the over-the-top opener, but I genuinely need guidance. I began reta 8 months back at 0.5mg, and as of now I'm on 3mg. Roughly 30lbs has come off, yet I've also shed a lot of the traits that defined me. My thighs and glutes were always fuller, and at this point they've gone totally flat. I believed I'd gone extremely gradually and that nobody would pick up on it, but today my mom said she's concerned something is wrong with me, and my husband added that he now sees me as too frail. For context, nobody is aware I use reta and I'd like to keep it that way. On top of that, I've worked out steadily for 8 years at nearly 5-6 days per week and I'm still doing so. I've observed that I'm not lifting any heavier, though I'm not lifting less than my usual either. So I don't believe this is muscle loss. With all that said, I'd like to put 10lbs back on and I'm wondering what the best method would be.

Should I:

1) Pause reta for a couple of weeks? OR

2) Cut to half the dose, going down to 1.5mg?

I'm unsure which path is best. Any help would be much appreciated!
I don't know what your supplement stack outside of peptides consists of, but creatine could be beneficial for your lifting gains if you aren't taking it. I also completely agree with much of what's been said above. A lot of my older relatives wouldn't recognize a healthy weight even if it hit them. Starting with a dexa scan is an excellent idea
 
randompersonrandom said:

desinr-gal said:

randompersonrandom said:

DunningKruger said:

I left my immediate family behind more than 10 years back, and these days the only one I still talk to is 1 cousin. So honestly, I ought to have figured it out, since they fit exactly the description you gave. Luckily, I've built friendships and a relationship with someone who are completely the reverse, and yes, you're correct, they're the good kind.

It pains me if unsupportive loved ones have been part of your life; when it comes from people who should be your safe place, the sting is always worst.

Honestly, I’ve had good fortune myself. Every close blood relative still in my life is a wonderful source of encouragement, and the people in my own circles are among the kindest and most uplifting anywhere. I also know some folks who are deeply committed to body acceptance and, in principle, against weight loss altogether—yet even they are happy for me and back my choice to do what I want. We all make an effort to mind how we discuss it, since neither side wants to irritate the other. But because I’m open about Tirzepatide—and, to some extent, open about grey—every single person on Tirzepatide shares their whole story with me. That’s fine, but my god. The accounts I get from women dealing with family and husband problems, women who are simply fighting to avoid a heart attack or just trying to find out how the “standard size” world lives—and there I am, working to keep a calm, mildly curious expression while inside I’m SCREAMIN.
This is the reason I've kept it to just 1 person IRL. If most of my friends knew, they'd judge me for it. So these days, the only ones I can discuss it with are you lovely folks <3

So, drumroll please.. earlier today I put on a dress that I adored from nearly 30 years back, and it fit!!

On top of that, it looks really good! (apart from my bat wings, so, it's time for the gym!!)
That's wonderful news, dg! You deserve something that makes you this happy — you're genuinely such a kind soul.
Oh my goodness, that's so kind of you! Right back at you!🥰
 
Back
Top