Hello from Wales — ex Mounjaro and Wegovy user saying hi

mailablechair

Explorer
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
South Wales
Hi,

I live in south Wales, in the UK. My Wegovy journey began roughly 2 years back. I shed around a stone, but the whole time I was hit hard by stomach trouble — there were nights I spent the entire time in the bathroom. Part of that was down to me, since I found it really hard to move away from fatty foods and mainly leaned on the drug to eat less. Around Christmas and new year 2024/5 I stopped for a couple of months, then switched over to Mounjaro, which worked far better for me. Stomach issues were rare unless I was a complete idiot and grabbed a greasy takeaway. I dropped close to 3 stone and got back into running. My 5k went from 28 mins down to 22:45 as it stands. About 3 months ago I stopped the mounjaro, and since then my weight has been gradually climbing again. Sadly my BMI is now too low to qualify for it, so for the time being I'm relying on willpower to slow the gain or stop it altogether.

My wife and I have recently separated and I'm having a rough time, so avoiding comfort eating is difficult right now, but I'm doing my best to keep fit and eat well — it's just a struggle.

My wife was on mounjaro too, and so was my step-son, both with good results, though my step-son moved to Retatrutide about 4 months ago and did even better on it.
 
Just signed up here, and I'm another person based in South Wales. Hearing about your divorce is rough — I hope you're holding up alright.
 
thanks, it was my decision, but it still isn't enjoyable. In the long run it'll be the best thing. I just went through your intro thread — have they actually quit including the extra doses now? That's a hidden price hike, isn't it?
 
Yes, Mounjaro pens now contain just 4 doses, and a spacer takes the place of what used to be the extra dose. Since the golden dose should always be used, the cost per dose has gone up.
 
My journey began with Mounjaro, but once Eli Lilly hiked the prices, the cost became impossible for me to justify. After that I gave Wegovy a try for a few months, and it did absolutely nothing for me — 0 effect.

Then I switched to Reta. My weight finally started to level out and stay more consistent. These days I take 5mg of Reta weekly, and I'm now dropping 2-3 lbs per week.

I train in a high intensity combat sport, which certainly contributes, but what Reta adds on top of that makes the whole process far more managable!
 
mailablechair said:


Hi,

I'm from south wales in the UK. I started taking Wegovy about 2 years ago, dropped about a stone in weight but suffered terribly throughout with the bad belly, some nights I would be up all night on the toilet. This was partly my own fault as I struggled to change my diet from fatty foods, I just used it to cut down. I came off it for a couple of months around Christmas and new year 2024/5 so I started on Mounjaro instead and had much more success, very rarely had a bad belly unless I was a complete idiot and had a greasy takeaway. I lost nearly 3 stone and started running again. I got my 5k time down from 28 mins to currently 22:45. I came off the mounjaro about 3 months ago and my weight has been slowly creeping back up. Unfortunately I am to low of a BMI now to qualify for it so am trying to slow or halt that weight increase with willpower for now.

I have recently split from my wife and am going through a tough time so it is hard to not comfort eat at the moment, but I am trying to stay fit and do my best to eat healthily, it is just a struggle.

My wife was on mounjaro as was my step-son with good results too although my step-son switched to Retatrutide about 4 months ago and had even better results.

Click to expand...
Mountjaro worked really well for me, though the rising cost eventually became unmanageable. For maintenance I moved over to wegovy, but the results aren't on the same level, and my gut issues got worse (constipation was the main one!). These days I'm giving reta a go, and so far it feels a lot like what I remember from mounjaro, minus the hefty price tag. Hope you find a path that works for you!
 
mailablechair said:


Hi,

I'm from south wales in the UK. I started taking Wegovy about 2 years ago, dropped about a stone in weight but suffered terribly throughout with the bad belly, some nights I would be up all night on the toilet. This was partly my own fault as I struggled to change my diet from fatty foods, I just used it to cut down. I came off it for a couple of months around Christmas and new year 2024/5 so I started on Mounjaro instead and had much more success, very rarely had a bad belly unless I was a complete idiot and had a greasy takeaway. I lost nearly 3 stone and started running again. I got my 5k time down from 28 mins to currently 22:45. I came off the mounjaro about 3 months ago and my weight has been slowly creeping back up. Unfortunately I am to low of a BMI now to qualify for it so am trying to slow or halt that weight increase with willpower for now.

I have recently split from my wife and am going through a tough time so it is hard to not comfort eat at the moment, but I am trying to stay fit and do my best to eat healthily, it is just a struggle.

My wife was on mounjaro as was my step-son with good results too although my step-son switched to Retatrutide about 4 months ago and had even better results.

Click to expand...
Speaking as a person who already had stomach problems before starting. If you eat the wrong things, or simply too much, GLPs show no mercy. Honestly, it just isn't worth it.
 
Back
Top