Heavy Periods - Perimenopause - Tirz

Heatherweather

Explorer
Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
My menstrual cycles were always regular. Then last year, when I was 45, one period dragged on for weeks and weeks, and my doctor said it was perimenopause — congrats to me. Switching birth control made it stop. Now, more than a year afterward, it's happening again. What worries me is the timing: it began roughly 4-5 weeks after I started Tirz, and just a few days after I began KLOW. Does anyone have experience with this, or any thoughts?
 
Honestly, it's time to get on proper hrt. Take my word for it—begin sooner than you believe you need to. You don't want to hold off until uti, bladder leaks, dryness and so on show up. On top of that, there's currently a patch shortage. Getting them is impossible. I put in an order for some raws from PPL and am waiting for it to show up. Until my raws get here, I've been prescribed the vaginal cream and a synthetic progestin. I also placed an order with hellopharmacist for the progesterone cream and biest package.

Being estrogen dominant is what's behind these heavy bleeds—you need progesterone. That is, assuming your doctor examined your uterus and found nothing wrong there.
 
moodymama76 said:

Honestly, it's time to get on proper hrt. Take my word for it—begin sooner than you believe you need to. You don't want to hold off until uti, bladder leaks, dryness and so on show up. On top of that, there's currently a patch shortage. Getting them is impossible. I put in an order for some raws from PPL and am waiting for it to show up. Until my raws get here, I've been prescribed the vaginal cream and a synthetic progestin. I also placed an order with hellopharmacist for the progesterone cream and biest package.

Being estrogen dominant is what's behind these heavy bleeds—you need progesterone. That is, assuming your doctor examined your uterus and found nothing wrong there.
I'd be interested in learning more about "raws" if you're willing to share. My situation: I'm managing hrt by myself. My female doctor retired not long ago, and before that she showed no interest in my menopause unless depression came up. That conversation left me feeling it wasn't safe to open up to her about anything I was experiencing. So, what exactly are raws, and do they come from peptide vendors? Right now I get estrogen and progesterone from Indian pharmacies, plus clonadine for hot flashes, which are currently the menopause side effect hitting me hardest.
 
jordekorn said:

moodymama76 said:

Honestly, it's time to get on proper hrt. Take my word for it—begin sooner than you believe you need to. You don't want to hold off until uti, bladder leaks, dryness and so on show up. On top of that, there's currently a patch shortage. Getting them is impossible. I put in an order for some raws from PPL and am waiting for it to show up. Until my raws get here, I've been prescribed the vaginal cream and a synthetic progestin. I also placed an order with hellopharmacist for the progesterone cream and biest package.

Being estrogen dominant is what's behind these heavy bleeds—you need progesterone. That is, assuming your doctor examined your uterus and found nothing wrong there.
I'd be interested in learning more about "raws" if you're willing to share. My situation: I'm managing hrt by myself. My female doctor retired not long ago, and before that she showed no interest in my menopause unless depression came up. That conversation left me feeling it wasn't safe to open up to her about anything I was experiencing. So, what exactly are raws, and do they come from peptide vendors? Right now I get estrogen and progesterone from Indian pharmacies, plus clonadine for hot flashes, which are currently the menopause side effect hitting me hardest.
Yeah, raws are sourced from the grey market. It's a powder form, not meant for injecting. The supplier I went with has solid test results—I'll send you a PM. I'm not going to bother testing my estradiol or progesterone since I'll be using them topically. Also, I won't buy peptides from that same support. https://artemisanalytical.cc/ offers free testing; I believe it's tied to the trans community. That's where I gathered my info, because that group frequently ends up doing DIY.
 
Back
Top