Have I pissed off all of China?

Rolltide61

Explorer
Joined
Oct 7, 2025
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
 
Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
The Chinese New Year holiday is happening right now in their country, so that's why Andy hasn't replied. But it doesn't account for the silence back in December.
 
It's not only China—Japan, South Korea, North Korea, and Thailand are in the mix too...

Though it might simply be a Chinese holiday.

Could go either way.
 
Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
Andy posted this morning... send another email that says NEW ORDER US WAREHOUSE.
 
Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
For both of those orders that didn't go through, you left out how you got in touch and what the contact situation was. Was it a DC/TG PM, WhatsApp, or email? Did you reach out first, or were you answering a PM? And which vendor was it? There's surely someone on here who's dealt with pretty much any CN vendor and could give you advice.

Once the CNY holiday chaos dies down, hold off until around the 26th or 27th and then give it another shot. (Vendor reps are going to be digging through hundreds of backed-up messages.) Since this is your first time, I'd suggest sending a small test crypto payment and getting that confirmed before you send the rest.

If you give it another go and still hear nothing back, just walk away! There are dozens of eager, greedy reps just waiting for your crypto transfer.
 
Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
If no money changed hands, then nothing was actually ordered. Most likely the seller just focused on buyers who did pay.

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
Whether they are based in China or anywhere else, sellers rarely hesitate when it comes to taking money. Strange as it may sound, folks elsewhere on the planet also have daily lives, relatives, obligations, vacations, weekends, and the need to eat and rest, so their reply speed may not line up with what you hope for.
 
Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
Yep, the whole of China is annoyed at you.
 
latviantower said:

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
For both of those orders that didn't go through, you left out how you got in touch and what the contact situation was. Was it a DC/TG PM, WhatsApp, or email? Did you reach out first, or were you answering a PM? And which vendor was it? There's surely someone on here who's dealt with pretty much any CN vendor and could give you advice.

Once the CNY holiday chaos dies down, hold off until around the 26th or 27th and then give it another shot. (Vendor reps are going to be digging through hundreds of backed-up messages.) Since this is your first time, I'd suggest sending a small test crypto payment and getting that confirmed before you send the rest.

If you give it another go and still hear nothing back, just walk away! There are dozens of eager, greedy reps just waiting for your crypto transfer.
My bad. It was WhatsApp.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
If no money changed hands, then nothing was actually ordered. Most likely the seller just focused on buyers who did pay.

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
Whether they are based in China or anywhere else, sellers rarely hesitate when it comes to taking money. Strange as it may sound, folks elsewhere on the planet also have daily lives, relatives, obligations, vacations, weekends, and the need to eat and rest, so their reply speed may not line up with what you hope for.
If I could just get a price, I would happily pay. They even told me the steps for testing it beforehand.
 
Rolltide61 said:

latviantower said:

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
For both of those orders that didn't go through, you left out how you got in touch and what the contact situation was. Was it a DC/TG PM, WhatsApp, or email? Did you reach out first, or were you answering a PM? And which vendor was it? There's surely someone on here who's dealt with pretty much any CN vendor and could give you advice.

Once the CNY holiday chaos dies down, hold off until around the 26th or 27th and then give it another shot. (Vendor reps are going to be digging through hundreds of backed-up messages.) Since this is your first time, I'd suggest sending a small test crypto payment and getting that confirmed before you send the rest.

If you give it another go and still hear nothing back, just walk away! There are dozens of eager, greedy reps just waiting for your crypto transfer.
My bad. It was WhatsApp.
My guess is that it simply slipped through the cracks among all the conversations they have going. Give it another shot once the holiday wraps up. Alternatively, you could go with a CN vendor that keeps a domestic warehouse—those are still handling orders and sending shipments right through the holiday stretch.
 
Rolltide61 said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
If no money changed hands, then nothing was actually ordered. Most likely the seller just focused on buyers who did pay.

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
Whether they are based in China or anywhere else, sellers rarely hesitate when it comes to taking money. Strange as it may sound, folks elsewhere on the planet also have daily lives, relatives, obligations, vacations, weekends, and the need to eat and rest, so their reply speed may not line up with what you hope for.
If I could just get a price, I would happily pay. They even told me the steps for testing it beforehand.
This is completely new to me. Could it be that whoever you're talking to isn't the real vendor, but someone pretending to be them?

If that's not the case, then considering how many customers they deal with daily, I can't help but think maybe something in the way you've been communicating is making them see you as someone who isn't a serious buyer.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Rolltide61 said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
If no money changed hands, then nothing was actually ordered. Most likely the seller just focused on buyers who did pay.

Rolltide61 said:

About a month back, I ordered from a China-based vendor (not through this site). No funds were sent. A full month has passed and there's been zero reply. Not a big deal.

Yesterday around 3 am, I put in an order with Andy Pep. 24 hrs have gone by and nothing back. Still no money sent.

Is it just me being impatient? Or unreasonable? When I bought from Grey and Amino Annex, customer service got back to me fast. Has the whole damn country of China shut me out?

This is my 1st time using crypto to order from China, so maybe I'm just clueless about how it works.
Whether they are based in China or anywhere else, sellers rarely hesitate when it comes to taking money. Strange as it may sound, folks elsewhere on the planet also have daily lives, relatives, obligations, vacations, weekends, and the need to eat and rest, so their reply speed may not line up with what you hope for.
If I could just get a price, I would happily pay. They even told me the steps for testing it beforehand.
This is completely new to me. Could it be that whoever you're talking to isn't the real vendor, but someone pretending to be them?

If that's not the case, then considering how many customers they deal with daily, I can't help but think maybe something in the way you've been communicating is making them see you as someone who isn't a serious buyer.
Later today, once I'm back, I'll copy and paste the whole exchange. If I pulled something "funny," feel free to call it out. Thanks.
 
Always use email....going back n forth over questions, cap colors and batch dates, is not their thing. Send something along these lines:

Hellow, im in your GLP1Chat following and I want to order again, with US shipping out of your US ware house. Ill pay with btc... 1 KIT R30, 2KITS T30... shipped to:

JERRY CANTRELL
1540 TERRACE LN.
SEATTLE, WA, 80916
reachable on the EMAIL: ALICENCHAINS@YAHOO.COM
or by PHONE 814-779-2990
 
Airborne Daddy said:


So if its 10pm or 1am you may get a response in 10 minutes otherwise expect 12hrs or even 24 with total amount and btc address. Pay it and screenshot the payment and send it back. Theyll say their gonna verify payment and after 2 or 4 business days theyll email you a photo of ur order (some vendors) with tracking. They want you to get right to the point and not have a conversation for 1 sale.

Click to expand...
One more thing worth doing: when you're about to transfer crypto to a fresh wallet for the first time, ask them whether you can test with just $1 or $10 (it depends on the minimum transaction). That way you can verify everything is correct. Once they tell you it arrived, go ahead and send the remaining amount.
 
FRMN01 said:

Airborne Daddy said:


So if its 10pm or 1am you may get a response in 10 minutes otherwise expect 12hrs or even 24 with total amount and btc address. Pay it and screenshot the payment and send it back. Theyll say their gonna verify payment and after 2 or 4 business days theyll email you a photo of ur order (some vendors) with tracking. They want you to get right to the point and not have a conversation for 1 sale.

Click to expand...
One more thing worth doing: when you're about to transfer crypto to a fresh wallet for the first time, ask them whether you can test with just $1 or $10 (it depends on the minimum transaction). That way you can verify everything is correct. Once they tell you it arrived, go ahead and send the remaining amount.
That's fair — a 250 loss I could shake off eventually, but 1500 would leave me bitter for 6 months. And sure, they're all smiles while you're getting ready to pay, yet once payment proof goes out, sometimes there's radio silence for 3 days.... that just happened on my end: she told me btc wasn't being accepted anymore, use usdc on etherium network instead. I did that and asked if we were good. Nothing back for 3.5 days, then finally "of course dear heres ur tracking"
 
Airborne Daddy said:

FRMN01 said:

Airborne Daddy said:


So if its 10pm or 1am you may get a response in 10 minutes otherwise expect 12hrs or even 24 with total amount and btc address. Pay it and screenshot the payment and send it back. Theyll say their gonna verify payment and after 2 or 4 business days theyll email you a photo of ur order (some vendors) with tracking. They want you to get right to the point and not have a conversation for 1 sale.

Click to expand...
One more thing worth doing: when you're about to transfer crypto to a fresh wallet for the first time, ask them whether you can test with just $1 or $10 (it depends on the minimum transaction). That way you can verify everything is correct. Once they tell you it arrived, go ahead and send the remaining amount.
That's fair — a 250 loss I could shake off eventually, but 1500 would leave me bitter for 6 months. And sure, they're all smiles while you're getting ready to pay, yet once payment proof goes out, sometimes there's radio silence for 3 days.... that just happened on my end: she told me btc wasn't being accepted anymore, use usdc on etherium network instead. I did that and asked if we were good. Nothing back for 3.5 days, then finally "of course dear heres ur tracking"
I'm in the same boat. Sent a $5 test, then the remaining usdt, and now I'm just sitting here waiting for an email. It's been 3 whole days.
 
FRMN01 said:

Airborne Daddy said:


So if its 10pm or 1am you may get a response in 10 minutes otherwise expect 12hrs or even 24 with total amount and btc address. Pay it and screenshot the payment and send it back. Theyll say their gonna verify payment and after 2 or 4 business days theyll email you a photo of ur order (some vendors) with tracking. They want you to get right to the point and not have a conversation for 1 sale.

Click to expand...
One more thing worth doing: when you're about to transfer crypto to a fresh wallet for the first time, ask them whether you can test with just $1 or $10 (it depends on the minimum transaction). That way you can verify everything is correct. Once they tell you it arrived, go ahead and send the remaining amount.
Yeah. That's exactly what I said I'd do. I've witnessed this so many times here that it's burned into my memory.
 
FRMN01 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

FRMN01 said:

Airborne Daddy said:


So if its 10pm or 1am you may get a response in 10 minutes otherwise expect 12hrs or even 24 with total amount and btc address. Pay it and screenshot the payment and send it back. Theyll say their gonna verify payment and after 2 or 4 business days theyll email you a photo of ur order (some vendors) with tracking. They want you to get right to the point and not have a conversation for 1 sale.

Click to expand...
One more thing worth doing: when you're about to transfer crypto to a fresh wallet for the first time, ask them whether you can test with just $1 or $10 (it depends on the minimum transaction). That way you can verify everything is correct. Once they tell you it arrived, go ahead and send the remaining amount.
That's fair — a 250 loss I could shake off eventually, but 1500 would leave me bitter for 6 months. And sure, they're all smiles while you're getting ready to pay, yet once payment proof goes out, sometimes there's radio silence for 3 days.... that just happened on my end: she told me btc wasn't being accepted anymore, use usdc on etherium network instead. I did that and asked if we were good. Nothing back for 3.5 days, then finally "of course dear heres ur tracking"
I'm in the same boat. Sent a $5 test, then the remaining usdt, and now I'm just sitting here waiting for an email. It's been 3 whole days.
I sent an email explaining that I'm not in any hurry for the shipment, but I do want confirmation that the payment went through.... (this was my first time swapping btc over to usdc on a different network, and I had no clue whether it actually worked, though I kept that part to myself)

3 whole business days? I'm talking about payment confirmation here, because with international tracking it can stretch a week or longer. If someone orders on a friday night, it might not move until wednesday night. Don't forget to look in your spam folder too. You could try sending something along the lines of what I wrote, just saying you want to make sure they received the payment.... if that doesn't fix it, I've gone straight to the vendor thread and posted. Basically said I've sent 2 emails this past week and gotten nothing back, WHATS UP?

Let us know how it goes, there are people here who will put something on their vendor thread. "Was thinking about ordering but we've got members stuck in limbo right now, not getting any replies." There was one member they kept jerking around over a reship after 40 days.... the moment we made it public, it got sorted.... just don't rush it or we all end up looking like fools.

Dm me with the vendor and details if you want. Also, every vendor is on a 2 week holiday. Even with us and canadian warehouses still running, they might still take a few days off.... my advice is send a 2nd email and wait another 3 days. But if your order is from china you won't hear a thing until the 1st week of march.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

FRMN01 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

FRMN01 said:

Airborne Daddy said:


So if its 10pm or 1am you may get a response in 10 minutes otherwise expect 12hrs or even 24 with total amount and btc address. Pay it and screenshot the payment and send it back. Theyll say their gonna verify payment and after 2 or 4 business days theyll email you a photo of ur order (some vendors) with tracking. They want you to get right to the point and not have a conversation for 1 sale.

Click to expand...
One more thing worth doing: when you're about to transfer crypto to a fresh wallet for the first time, ask them whether you can test with just $1 or $10 (it depends on the minimum transaction). That way you can verify everything is correct. Once they tell you it arrived, go ahead and send the remaining amount.
That's fair — a 250 loss I could shake off eventually, but 1500 would leave me bitter for 6 months. And sure, they're all smiles while you're getting ready to pay, yet once payment proof goes out, sometimes there's radio silence for 3 days.... that just happened on my end: she told me btc wasn't being accepted anymore, use usdc on etherium network instead. I did that and asked if we were good. Nothing back for 3.5 days, then finally "of course dear heres ur tracking"
I'm in the same boat. Sent a $5 test, then the remaining usdt, and now I'm just sitting here waiting for an email. It's been 3 whole days.
I sent an email explaining that I'm not in any hurry for the shipment, but I do want confirmation that the payment went through.... (this was my first time swapping btc over to usdc on a different network, and I had no clue whether it actually worked, though I kept that part to myself)

3 whole business days? I'm talking about payment confirmation here, because with international tracking it can stretch a week or longer. If someone orders on a friday night, it might not move until wednesday night. Don't forget to look in your spam folder too. You could try sending something along the lines of what I wrote, just saying you want to make sure they received the payment.... if that doesn't fix it, I've gone straight to the vendor thread and posted. Basically said I've sent 2 emails this past week and gotten nothing back, WHATS UP?

Let us know how it goes, there are people here who will put something on their vendor thread. "Was thinking about ordering but we've got members stuck in limbo right now, not getting any replies." There was one member they kept jerking around over a reship after 40 days.... the moment we made it public, it got sorted.... just don't rush it or we all end up looking like fools.

Dm me with the vendor and details if you want. Also, every vendor is on a 2 week holiday. Even with us and canadian warehouses still running, they might still take a few days off.... my advice is send a 2nd email and wait another 3 days. But if your order is from china you won't hear a thing until the 1st week of march.
I received my tracking number. There was no concern on my part—I'm familiar with the vendor, GYC. They've been operating for quite some time. I'm merely describing how things go; occasionally a reply can take 3 days. They're clearly swamped. Like you mentioned, there's no hurry, though it would be reassuring to get confirmation that the crypto arrived.
 
Back
Top