Has the Week 1 'Zing' From Reta Worn Off?

Bunts

Explorer
Joined
Jan 14, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hey everyone!

I'm curious whether anybody else has gone through losing that genuine surge of energy that shows up during the first week on Reta?

During week 1 I got a serious boost. It felt like I'd downed a few coffees. Not jittery or anything, nothing like going overboard on caffeine, but more of a real 'pep in my step' feeling?

Once week 1 was over, it sort of faded for me. That zip I had appears to be gone now, and I'd really like to find a way to bring it back!

For context, my starting dose was 0.5mg! Stayed there a couple of weeks, then moved up to 1. A few more weeks later I went to 2. In the end I titrated up to 4, but had to come back down a bit for other reasons.

I'd raise my dose to try and chase that feeling again, but it tanks my appetite too much!
 
Yes, definitely. During that first week it felt like I was on Adderall - I had focus, energy, and was just getting things done. Now I get brief flashes of it on the day of my pin or 1 to 2 days afterward, but it isn't the same.

I'm wrapping up week 3 at 1mg and I'm thinking about increasing the dose with this next one.
 
When I moved from Zep over to reta, there was a noticeable lift in energy. It's still there, but since I've grown accustomed to it, the effect doesn't feel as impressive anymore. Don't go chasing that feeling, brother.
 
WYSiWYG said:

Yes, definitely. During that first week it felt like I was on Adderall - I had focus, energy, and was just getting things done. Now I get brief flashes of it on the day of my pin or 1 to 2 days afterward, but it isn't the same.

I'm wrapping up week 3 at 1mg and I'm thinking about increasing the dose with this next one.
Yeah! That's precisely how it felt. A buddy of mine described it as 'Aimbot Eyes' (gamers will get the reference). I do miss that feeling, though maybe I've simply adjusted to it!

I stayed at 3 for a stretch, bumped to 4mg for 1 week, then dropped back to 3 because I needed a recomp week. Now I'm on 4 again.

390120 said:

Honestly, that zing never showed up for me at all lol
That's rough for you! It was fantastic!

MFGamesta said:

When I moved from Zep over to reta, there was a noticeable lift in energy. It's still there, but since I've grown accustomed to it, the effect doesn't feel as impressive anymore. Don't go chasing that feeling, brother.
Yeah, you're likely correct - I've just grown accustomed to it.

Also true, I won't chase it. I only missed that sensation and was curious whether others had found a way to get it back.
 
My experience went the other way. During weeks 2 through 4 on reta, I was hit with serious exhaustion. The worst part was the afternoon slumps that came on after drinking a protein shake. At times it felt like narcolepsy, that's how intense it got. Sleeping was all I wanted to do. Since I usually deal with insomnia, this was strange for me. None of that is happening anymore.
 
For the first 2-3 months, that matched what I went through. Then it wore off. Compared with how I used to be, I still feel much better, but after a 12 hour workday I no longer deep clean my house just because I have energy to spare.
 
Back
Top