Has anyone used peptides with their pets?

Atlas27

Explorer
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Somewhere North
My household has 2 rabbits; they’re only 1yr old and so far, thankfully, no health problems have come up. While browsing rabbit-related subreddits on reddit, I ran into lots of posts about unwell rabbits, and that made me anxious. That led me to ask whether there are steps one can take, as companion animals grow older, to keep them robust and well.
 
This subject has come up in plenty of threads already. Still, pets on peptides? Give it another few years and it'll likely be a huge business.
 
CrimsonTaco47 said:

My dogs have been getting bpc from me for skin and joint issues as they age. It did seem to help
Would you be willing to walk me through your approach? I've got a senior dog that could get something out of GLOW, or possibly KLOW?? Thanks ahead of time.
 
My cat, Phaedra, could definitely do with a GLP-1! (Though I'd never trust my own dosing for a cat, and that chubby belly is very kissable😂)
 
HouseCat said:

My cat, Phaedra, could definitely do with a GLP-1! (Though I'd never trust my own dosing for a cat, and that chubby belly is very kissable😂)
You're also smart enough to realize that you aren't allowed to conduct research on animals. And I've heard the saying that bunnies are rodents too—and indeed they are!

Look at my rabbits after my GLP-1 research! 🤣 🤘

062ffe8febafb8273f78567d90ff5214f2b92b58511dcc693ed4e1a34d387f8a.webp
 
So, my dog is a yellow lab, roughly 65 lbs, and she's around 11 years old. Her whole life she's had awful allergies and scratches constantly. I've gone through all sorts of things—different foods, herbal products, and medication with the doctor—and prednisone is the only one that ever helped. Since they won't prescribe it on an ongoing basis, I decided to try BPC-157. Her scratching became so severe that an ear hematoma developed, and after using it she healed incredibly quickly and was much less itchy too. That was my entry point. One benefit was that her back legs had become shaky over the last year, and they were far less shaky while we used it as well.

We got away from it, since with children under 5 it was just one more thing on my to-do list as a mother, but I ought to resume. My guess is that some maintenance dose could support her if given a couple of times weekly.
 
skaylife said:

HouseCat said:

My cat, Phaedra, could definitely do with a GLP-1! (Though I'd never trust my own dosing for a cat, and that chubby belly is very kissable😂)
You're also smart enough to realize that you aren't allowed to conduct research on animals. And I've heard the saying that bunnies are rodents too—and indeed they are!

Look at my rabbits after my GLP-1 research! 🤣 🤘

View attachment 8670
I’m fairly sure those rabbits never required GLP-1s, haha!
 
HouseCat said:

My cat, Phaedra, could definitely do with a GLP-1! (Though I'd never trust my own dosing for a cat, and that chubby belly is very kissable😂)
Among my boys, one is a bit overweight, and I adore smooching his tiny cheeks! I'd also rather he stayed chubby, but I've needed to cut back on his treats since I want him to stay healthy.
 
TikToks have covered it, along with plenty of other posts, and what I still can't work out is how anyone delivers the injections? Will a dog genuinely sit still for a jab? And in which spot? I mean this seriously.
 
skaylife said:

HouseCat said:

My cat, Phaedra, could definitely do with a GLP-1! (Though I'd never trust my own dosing for a cat, and that chubby belly is very kissable😂)
You're also smart enough to realize that you aren't allowed to conduct research on animals. And I've heard the saying that bunnies are rodents too—and indeed they are!

Look at my rabbits after my GLP-1 research! 🤣 🤘

View attachment 8670
86f54b09751998e782aa4042f805b13243ed5ef7736f6a94e8569cabab24a730.gif
 
Atlas27 said:

My household has 2 rabbits; they’re only 1yr old and so far, thankfully, no health problems have come up. While browsing rabbit-related subreddits on reddit, I ran into lots of posts about unwell rabbits, and that made me anxious. That led me to ask whether there are steps one can take, as companion animals grow older, to keep them robust and well.
For older dogs, they do a great job.

The dose still needs to be worked out accurately based on the animal’s body weight.

And stick only with healing/regenerative peps that don’t cause any reaction at the injection site.

My own use came first, followed by my elderly Greyhound, then older or injured pups belonging to friends in Australia.

Honestly, I acted as the lab rat for my dogs 😂

Only yesterday I set up a Telegram so they can message me.



194a0513acc00f4be7e71198c86eb76a158bc24e55d15f0c95de47345d4aba4e.jpg




Pet-Tide Australia



Premium Peptides for Pets

7f3e38478d53875c1f35d67fc035067274bacf9df8285889ad04fb143dfdddd8.png



t.me
 
PurpleSage said:

TikToks have covered it, along with plenty of other posts, and what I still can't work out is how anyone delivers the injections? Will a dog genuinely sit still for a jab? And in which spot? I mean this seriously.
The route matters: IM or SC. The method is the same as if you were injecting yourself. For larger animals—dogs, horses, and similar—I choose needles with a wider gauge. With SC, I usually pinch up a bit of skin between the shoulder blades and inject there; with IM, I go directly into the meaty part of the thigh. I haven’t given peptides to my own pets, because none of them currently need them, but over years of farm life I’ve done a great many injections.
 
Atlas27 said:

My household has 2 rabbits; they’re only 1yr old and so far, thankfully, no health problems have come up. While browsing rabbit-related subreddits on reddit, I ran into lots of posts about unwell rabbits, and that made me anxious. That led me to ask whether there are steps one can take, as companion animals grow older, to keep them robust and well.
That's only how I see it — I wouldn't ever give grey market peps to my pets. Mine stay indoors all the time, and the vet also said vaccines aren't necessary for them, which works for me. If your animals go outside, do you have them vaccinated and taken in for checkups? Bunnies are not something I know much about, but with cats or dogs, I'd feel a lot more worry if peps were inside their bodies. Still, I can 100% see why you'd want to support them as they get older, and I think that's lovely!
 
CrimsonTaco47 said:

So, my dog is a yellow lab, roughly 65 lbs, and she's around 11 years old. Her whole life she's had awful allergies and scratches constantly. I've gone through all sorts of things—different foods, herbal products, and medication with the doctor—and prednisone is the only one that ever helped. Since they won't prescribe it on an ongoing basis, I decided to try BPC-157. Her scratching became so severe that an ear hematoma developed, and after using it she healed incredibly quickly and was much less itchy too. That was my entry point. One benefit was that her back legs had become shaky over the last year, and they were far less shaky while we used it as well.

We got away from it, since with children under 5 it was just one more thing on my to-do list as a mother, but I ought to resume. My guess is that some maintenance dose could support her if given a couple of times weekly.
What was your basis for choosing the dose—just a guess?
 
My Golden couldn't tolerate sunlight at all. I injected him with Melanotan 2(Barbie drug). He's brown now and can spend the whole day in the sun. At the same time, though, he also turned into a hot dog. Any suggestions?😱
 
HouseCat said:

skaylife said:

HouseCat said:

My cat, Phaedra, could definitely do with a GLP-1! (Though I'd never trust my own dosing for a cat, and that chubby belly is very kissable😂)
You're also smart enough to realize that you aren't allowed to conduct research on animals. And I've heard the saying that bunnies are rodents too—and indeed they are!

Look at my rabbits after my GLP-1 research! 🤣 🤘

View attachment 8670
I’m fairly sure those rabbits never required GLP-1s, haha!
I think there’s a mix-up. GLP-1 is my nickname! 🤣
 
skaylife said:

CrimsonTaco47 said:

So, my dog is a yellow lab, roughly 65 lbs, and she's around 11 years old. Her whole life she's had awful allergies and scratches constantly. I've gone through all sorts of things—different foods, herbal products, and medication with the doctor—and prednisone is the only one that ever helped. Since they won't prescribe it on an ongoing basis, I decided to try BPC-157. Her scratching became so severe that an ear hematoma developed, and after using it she healed incredibly quickly and was much less itchy too. That was my entry point. One benefit was that her back legs had become shaky over the last year, and they were far less shaky while we used it as well.

We got away from it, since with children under 5 it was just one more thing on my to-do list as a mother, but I ought to resume. My guess is that some maintenance dose could support her if given a couple of times weekly.
What was your basis for choosing the dose—just a guess?
For dosing, I checked several sources and split the difference, landing around 150-200mcg per administration.

PurpleSage said:

TikToks have covered it, along with plenty of other posts, and what I still can't work out is how anyone delivers the injections? Will a dog genuinely sit still for a jab? And in which spot? I mean this seriously.
Yeah, I’d take the scruff and use my small subq syringe to put it there… I honestly doubt she felt it at all.

ColdSmoke said:

Has anyone settled on a dose scaled to weight?
There is guidance, but no official dosing schedule, since, where dogs are concerned, it’s bit fda approved; therefore everything remains anecdotal or experimental. Here is one website as an example: https://iheartdogs.com/bpc-157-for-dog-arthritis-joint-pain-a-promising-peptide-in-canine-health/
 
Back
Top