Has anyone traveled internationally with lyophilized peptides, particularly entering the US?

blueandazure

Explorer
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Bangkok
If I go ahead with it, what would happen — or would they assume the unlabeled vials are fentanyl or something along those lines?
 
blueandazure said:

If I go ahead with it, what would happen — or would they assume the unlabeled vials are fentanyl or something along those lines?
Last winter I brought Tirz to Mexico, plus alcohol wipes and syringes. They went into an insulin zipper case with a cold pack, which I placed in my checked luggage. Nothing went wrong, though I suspect my bag wasn’t inspected. I didn’t return with it—I finished it while there.
 
At the absolute minimum, I'd put labels on them showing product details plus QR codes—but it still feels like a gamble. I go to the PRC once a year or more and have considered bringing them, but ultimately chose not to. Shipping them yourself, or arranging for your supplier to send them, would likely be the smarter route.
 
When I go abroad, my plan is either to prepare labels for the vials or to use a reusable pen, load 3 or 4 cartridges, and carry those along.
 
From the UK side — I recently took a flight from the UK to the Dominican Republic. Security rules have shifted lately. Now, medication is only allowed in carry-on if you have a prescription to go with it. In the past I'd talked to people who ‘just chucked it in a wash bag’ and had no problems, but given the new policy I doubt that would work anymore.
 
CMA Pooky said:

When I go abroad, my plan is either to prepare labels for the vials or to use a reusable pen, load 3 or 4 cartridges, and carry those along.
When you travel, are the vials kept in powder form or have they been mixed with liquid already?
 
My plan is to buy a reusable pen and load the reconstituted solution into a pen cartridge.
 
Back
Top