Has anyone gotten sick from peptides here?

Shittersfull

Explorer
Joined
Jul 4, 2026
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington
I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
 
An overdose can make you ill. In the U.S. last year, 18,000 cases were reported among people using brand-name pens.

When it comes to endotoxins in batches from direct sellers in China, such cases are extremely uncommon. Over the past year I've come across two or three, and they're still being talked about on the forum. This community is very good at dealing with those warnings. The one thing to avoid is buying peptides in a parking lot.

Have an AI compare injection-site reactions — especially with a hypotonic solution — against reactions caused by endotoxins and live bacteria.

On this forum you'll find plenty of posts about reactions that show up right away, like redness and itching, lasting just a few tens of minutes. There are ways to deal with that: add NaCl, dilute further, use the correct needle size, and so on.

Endotoxin reactions, by contrast, appear after one or more hours and may persist for two or three days if the body can clear them. A fever sometimes occurs. Sometimes things get worse and a doctor's visit becomes necessary.

Whenever I open a new batch, I test with a small amount. How you react to endotoxins depends on the amount injected, your weight, and your immune system's condition. It's worth knowing that while dieting, the body enters starvation mode and the immune system becomes overactive (this ensures species survival; in rats the opposite occurs, and they reproduce more than usual).

Three months, dozens of injections, and three different vendors later, I've had no issues. That's not yet enough for me to reach any statistically significant conclusion, but it's encouraging — particularly because it lines up with what other users have said.
 

Endotoxin Calculator



The calculation itself isn’t hard, but if you’d rather skip the unit conversions or just want a fast sanity check, someone shared an endotoxin calculator in Telegram last weekend that I came across. It uses the total endos per vial, the peptide mass, your dose, and your body weight, then compares the result against the FDA...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
When you say peptides, do you mean grey-market, compounded, or brand-name versions? Because with the brand-name ones, people do end up feeling unwell—assuming we're talking about serious side effects—quite frequently.
 
eidos said:

An overdose can make you ill. In the U.S. last year, 18,000 cases were reported among people using brand-name pens.

When it comes to endotoxins in batches from direct sellers in China, such cases are extremely uncommon. Over the past year I've come across two or three, and they're still being talked about on the forum. This community is very good at dealing with those warnings. The one thing to avoid is buying peptides in a parking lot.

Have an AI compare injection-site reactions — especially with a hypotonic solution — against reactions caused by endotoxins and live bacteria.

On this forum you'll find plenty of posts about reactions that show up right away, like redness and itching, lasting just a few tens of minutes. There are ways to deal with that: add NaCl, dilute further, use the correct needle size, and so on.

Endotoxin reactions, by contrast, appear after one or more hours and may persist for two or three days if the body can clear them. A fever sometimes occurs. Sometimes things get worse and a doctor's visit becomes necessary.

Whenever I open a new batch, I test with a small amount. How you react to endotoxins depends on the amount injected, your weight, and your immune system's condition. It's worth knowing that while dieting, the body enters starvation mode and the immune system becomes overactive (this ensures species survival; in rats the opposite occurs, and they reproduce more than usual).

Three months, dozens of injections, and three different vendors later, I've had no issues. That's not yet enough for me to reach any statistically significant conclusion, but it's encouraging — particularly because it lines up with what other users have said.
That clears things up a lot. Appreciate it.
 
After using Reta for 2 weeks, I had severe diarrhea for 3 days. Reta didn't work well for me. Tirz gave me no issues whatsoever. This wasn't a bacterial or endotoxin-related illness.
 
I haven't had any issues so far. Whenever a new kit arrives, I make sure to take a tiny test dose the day before beginning my regular dose. Should a bad reaction occur, I throw the whole kit away.
 
Not sure whether this qualifies as being sick, but while I was on reta for the whole six months, I had several loose stools every day. My reta had been independently tested for m/p/e and I filtered it myself, so quality wasn't the problem. The moment I stopped reta, everything resolved; I'm fine now.

NAD+ also consistently leaves me feeling slightly light-headed and odd: never a good experience. I have an MTHFR gene mutation and I take methylated vitamins/methyl donors, so I don't understand why it isn't helping, but NAD+ has never worked well for me. 5-Amino-1MQ produces a comparable feeling, although it's less intense than NAD+.

Last, GHK-Cu in Klow was the hardest. My ISR was extremely severe, like a bee sting lasting for days, and I couldn't do anything until I began using epi/lido. It eventually stopped after I made two changes: first, I filtered it, which lessened the pain; then I added GHK Basic, which got rid of the pain completely.
 
skaylife said:

After using Reta for 2 weeks, I had severe diarrhea for 3 days. Reta didn't work well for me. Tirz gave me no issues whatsoever. This wasn't a bacterial or endotoxin-related illness.
Reta consistently causes me to have diarrhea for a short period, but I keep using it anyway 😅🤣😍
 
Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
 
davefromfv said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
That's news to me, thanks.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

skaylife said:

After using Reta for 2 weeks, I had severe diarrhea for 3 days. Reta didn't work well for me. Tirz gave me no issues whatsoever. This wasn't a bacterial or endotoxin-related illness.
Reta consistently causes me to have diarrhea for a short period, but I keep using it anyway 😅🤣😍
Mate, it wasn't only diarrhea. My stool was nearly white, and I felt extremely unwell. Going back to Tirz fixed the issue. I also shouldn't quit just because of a temporary bout of diarrhea. I'm not saying Reta is bad. It just wasn't right for me. Right now I'm 4kg below my goal weight and working on the last 1kg of belly fat. So I don't regret my choice.

Also, I switched to Reta out of curiosity, just to try something different, and that wasn't a good call. I learned that the hard way.
 
Shittersfull said:

davefromfv said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
That's news to me, thanks.
This keeps crossing my mind... In group buys, a fair number of folks appear indifferent to endotoxins. I had been under the impression that filtering took care of them. So if filters don't actually clear endotoxins, and they're capable of making you ill, why aren't more people concerned?
 
Shittersfull said:

Shittersfull said:

davefromfv said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
That's news to me, thanks.
This keeps crossing my mind... In group buys, a fair number of folks appear indifferent to endotoxins. I had been under the impression that filtering took care of them. So if filters don't actually clear endotoxins, and they're capable of making you ill, why aren't more people concerned?
In a recent interview, Peter Magic (Janoshik) said that in the past, endotoxins were not something they'd find, and up until lately, whenever samples were tested for them, results came back clean.

More recently, though, he's run into several failures involving them. He noted that while the majority occurred at the pre-distribution stage, with distributors hunting for new suppliers, he can't fully dismiss the chance that they could still be a problem.

A google search might turn up that interview for you.

There's a more recent one than that, recorded after the latest endotoxin scares-

EDIT: adding an older video, from a time when he was encountering far fewer endotoxin problems, around 16:10
 
staffn1 said:

When you say peptides, do you mean grey-market, compounded, or brand-name versions? Because with the brand-name ones, people do end up feeling unwell—assuming we're talking about serious side effects—quite frequently.
I actually kind of miss those few days of feeling nauseous... these days I hit 9mg reta plus 9mg tirz and feel absolutely nothing...
 
Skidude said:

Shittersfull said:

Shittersfull said:

davefromfv said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
That's news to me, thanks.
This keeps crossing my mind... In group buys, a fair number of folks appear indifferent to endotoxins. I had been under the impression that filtering took care of them. So if filters don't actually clear endotoxins, and they're capable of making you ill, why aren't more people concerned?
In a recent interview, Peter Magic (Janoshik) said that in the past, endotoxins were not something they'd find, and up until lately, whenever samples were tested for them, results came back clean.

More recently, though, he's run into several failures involving them. He noted that while the majority occurred at the pre-distribution stage, with distributors hunting for new suppliers, he can't fully dismiss the chance that they could still be a problem.

A google search might turn up that interview for you.

There's a more recent one than that, recorded after the latest endotoxin scares-

EDIT: adding an older video, from a time when he was encountering far fewer endotoxin problems, around 16:10
Thanks — I'm going to check that out right away.
 
Shittersfull said:

Shittersfull said:

davefromfv said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
That's news to me, thanks.
This keeps crossing my mind... In group buys, a fair number of folks appear indifferent to endotoxins. I had been under the impression that filtering took care of them. So if filters don't actually clear endotoxins, and they're capable of making you ill, why aren't more people concerned?
There are folks who aren't concerned about endotoxins—either because positive endo results aren't typical, or because they're just more comfortable with risk (that's the impression I've gotten from people on the forum). Others skip testing or filtering simply because that's their preference. To each their own, right?

Based on what I've picked up, group buys (GBs) historically hardly ever ran endo tests, but as positive results have become more frequent, more GBs are now adding them in. I'd say roughly half of the buys I'm in right now include endo testing. If a buy doesn't offer it, sometimes 1 or 2 members will test on their own and post the findings. News travels fast! From what I hear, even GBs that normally choose to keep results under wraps will speak up if there's a risk to the community.

Using a filter helps clear out inorganic particles, bacteria, and other microorganisms. 🙂
 
Shittersfull said:

Shittersfull said:

davefromfv said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
That's news to me, thanks.
This keeps crossing my mind... In group buys, a fair number of folks appear indifferent to endotoxins. I had been under the impression that filtering took care of them. So if filters don't actually clear endotoxins, and they're capable of making you ill, why aren't more people concerned?
Story time, it seems — today is apparently one of those days when I tell stories.

A close friend of mine, right after finishing her bachelor's in biochemistry, got an internship at a private lab — a serious one, in fact; today it's the global leader in its niche.

A few weeks into her internship, we got together with some friends. She was livid about her supervisor. “While he was walking me through the labs, he told me, ‘It’s more or less sterile.’ Either it's sterile or it isn't! What an incompetent!”

We glanced at one another and cracked up. Then we tried to walk her through what I'm about to walk you through.

Sterility and endotoxin levels can only be measured from a certain threshold onward — the detection limit, below which nothing can be detected. Look at the COAs you find online; when an endotoxin analysis is part of it and the result is very good, you'll see something like <5 units.

There's also a ceiling above which things turn dangerous or toxic. A good result has to sit under that ceiling. And that ceiling is never zero; it's not all-or-nothing. Nor is it the level that kills you; there's always some margin.

For endotoxins, this is expressed in hours and kilograms of body weight. Simply because our body has what it takes to clear them, as long as there aren't too many at once. When endos are too numerous, a whole set of other immune reactions kicks in, and it can turn serious.

You may see people splitting the dose into two weekly doses. Usually that's not about endotoxins, but it does have one advantage: if any were present, it would lessen the reactions.

Oddly enough, Paracelsus's saying still holds true: everything is poison, nothing is without poison; it is the dose that makes the poison.

It all comes down to the probability of contamination. That’s what good manufacturing practices in the factory are for, as well as proper packaging for transport. Finally, there are our aseptic practices when preparing and injecting the peptides.

Pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies have rules and oversight procedures, that we don't have access to, to manage the process.

And when we're alone in the middle of all this, we don't understand anything and we may feel like we have no control. It's legitimate to think that way because that's the reality.

And that's when collective intelligence comes into play. Yes, just like bees and ants.

There is a community that shares information, knowledge, and understandings on these topics (and sometimes a little wisdom, because there are a lot of "old people"* here). It’s important to realize that the number of peptide users on this forum is 10 to 100 times greater than any clinical trials, and that we have information that has never been collected in those studies.

This gives us an overview of what's going on. And above all, there are a few resource person, like Peter Magic, the founder of the Janoshik lab, who sees the test results for every batch on the market (and I think the same batches are tested dozens of times by different customers).

In interviews from previous years, he said that in ten years he had seen only two cases with serious problems. He concluded that there was no point in testing for endotoxins.

A few weeks ago, he changed his policy. Not just for marketing reason, since he has enough work, but because batches with high endotoxin levels and sterility issues have appeared on the market.

He cannot reveal the sources of these products because he has a contract with his clients. But what he implies is that this applies only to certain sources: it is not a proportion of the batches from all sellers, but rather certain (new?) unscrupulous sellers.

So if you follow the reviews of each seller on this forum and the Telegram groups where COAs are shared (no DMs, please), and if you choose a seller located as close to the factory as possible and with a fairly large team, you’ll end up finding your preferred seller (it took me 3 weeks on this forum). Just don't buy at a trailer park or the gym, or from someone who contacts you directly. Good vendors don't have time for that and call you "dear."

If, after this (short) text, you aren't at least a little reassured and still don't know what to do, then grey isn't for you.

"Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened." Groucho Marx

Click to expand...
 
eidos said:

Shittersfull said:

Shittersfull said:

davefromfv said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm curious whether anyone has ended up feeling ill. There's a lot of discussion about endotoxins. And a number of people skip filtering. What symptoms would show up? How much time passes before they appear? If someone does get sick, what steps should they take? Has anyone become ill despite filtering?
Endotoxins aren't affected by filtering in any way. It only helps with sterility.
That's news to me, thanks.
This keeps crossing my mind... In group buys, a fair number of folks appear indifferent to endotoxins. I had been under the impression that filtering took care of them. So if filters don't actually clear endotoxins, and they're capable of making you ill, why aren't more people concerned?
Story time, it seems — today is apparently one of those days when I tell stories.

A close friend of mine, right after finishing her bachelor's in biochemistry, got an internship at a private lab — a serious one, in fact; today it's the global leader in its niche.

A few weeks into her internship, we got together with some friends. She was livid about her supervisor. “While he was walking me through the labs, he told me, ‘It’s more or less sterile.’ Either it's sterile or it isn't! What an incompetent!”

We glanced at one another and cracked up. Then we tried to walk her through what I'm about to walk you through.

Sterility and endotoxin levels can only be measured from a certain threshold onward — the detection limit, below which nothing can be detected. Look at the COAs you find online; when an endotoxin analysis is part of it and the result is very good, you'll see something like <5 units.

There's also a ceiling above which things turn dangerous or toxic. A good result has to sit under that ceiling. And that ceiling is never zero; it's not all-or-nothing. Nor is it the level that kills you; there's always some margin.

For endotoxins, this is expressed in hours and kilograms of body weight. Simply because our body has what it takes to clear them, as long as there aren't too many at once. When endos are too numerous, a whole set of other immune reactions kicks in, and it can turn serious.

You may see people splitting the dose into two weekly doses. Usually that's not about endotoxins, but it does have one advantage: if any were present, it would lessen the reactions.

Oddly enough, Paracelsus's saying still holds true: everything is poison, nothing is without poison; it is the dose that makes the poison.

It all comes down to the probability of contamination. That’s what good manufacturing practices in the factory are for, as well as proper packaging for transport. Finally, there are our aseptic practices when preparing and injecting the peptides.

Pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies have rules and oversight procedures, that we don't have access to, to manage the process.

And when we're alone in the middle of all this, we don't understand anything and we may feel like we have no control. It's legitimate to think that way because that's the reality.

And that's when collective intelligence comes into play. Yes, just like bees and ants.

There is a community that shares information, knowledge, and understandings on these topics (and sometimes a little wisdom, because there are a lot of "old people"* here). It’s important to realize that the number of peptide users on this forum is 10 to 100 times greater than any clinical trials, and that we have information that has never been collected in those studies.

This gives us an overview of what's going on. And above all, there are a few resource person, like Peter Magic, the founder of the Janoshik lab, who sees the test results for every batch on the market (and I think the same batches are tested dozens of times by different customers).

In interviews from previous years, he said that in ten years he had seen only two cases with serious problems. He concluded that there was no point in testing for endotoxins.

A few weeks ago, he changed his policy. Not just for marketing reason, since he has enough work, but because batches with high endotoxin levels and sterility issues have appeared on the market.

He cannot reveal the sources of these products because he has a contract with his clients. But what he implies is that this applies only to certain sources: it is not a proportion of the batches from all sellers, but rather certain (new?) unscrupulous sellers.

So if you follow the reviews of each seller on this forum and the Telegram groups where COAs are shared (no DMs, please), and if you choose a seller located as close to the factory as possible and with a fairly large team, you’ll end up finding your preferred seller (it took me 3 weeks on this forum). Just don't buy at a trailer park or the gym, or from someone who contacts you directly. Good vendors don't have time for that and call you "dear."

If, after this (short) text, you aren't at least a little reassured and still don't know what to do, then grey isn't for you.

"Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened." Groucho Marx

Click to expand...
I should really begin printing your posts and gathering them into a homemade peptides textbook! 📘
 
Back
Top