Has anyone given these draw holders a try?

PepEvidence

Explorer
Joined
Sep 4, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Getting a good draw can be a hassle for me at times, particularly when bubbles show up while I'm using a U-100 syringe. There was even a time I bent a needle because I was trying to hold everything still and get the bubbles out, which is why I started searching for any kind of holder that might simplify things. A handful of different designs made by other people turned up. While they vary from one to another, the general concept involves keeping the syringe and vial stable as you draw. Does anyone in here have experience with tools like this? I'd like to know if they genuinely make drawing easier, or if they end up being more hassle than they're worth.
 
Bubbles are a rare issue for me. On the occasions they show up, tapping with my finger while gripping the vial and syringe does the trick. It felt a bit clumsy in the beginning.
 
I typically pull more than I need and then expel the majority of the air. A small amount tends to remain. Early on it worried me, so I looked into it, and it turns out it's nothing to worry about. If something big is in there I'll tap it out, but a tiny bit staying behind doesn't matter and I don't bother trying to get rid of it.
 
5byfive said:

I typically pull more than I need and then expel the majority of the air. A small amount tends to remain. Early on it worried me, so I looked into it, and it turns out it's nothing to worry about. If something big is in there I'll tap it out, but a tiny bit staying behind doesn't matter and I don't bother trying to get rid of it.
Yes, roughly 10 units.
 
Air bubbles aren't the only issue I run into. A big part of it is that gripping such a small vial while I'm drawing from it feels clumsy, particularly if it shifts around a bit. I figured a holder could make things simpler and steadier overall. While looking around online, I came across several versions — some very basic ones that seem like they'd get the job done, and one that's a pretty neat design with moving parts. Mostly I'm wondering if anyone in this community has used one, and if you felt it was worth the money.
 
To be honest, it seems like it would cause more hassle than it's worth. In my experience, practice makes it easier. Sure, it felt clumsy in the beginning, but these days it's second nature. I really can't see how any gadget like that would be anything other than added effort for me.
 
PepEvidence said:


I sometimes struggle with draws, especially when I get bubbles using a U-100 syringe. I’ve even bent a needle before while trying to keep everything steady and work the bubbles out, so I went looking to see if anyone made some kind of holder to make the process easier. I found a few different versions people have created. They’re not all the same, but the basic idea is to hold the vial and syringe steady while you draw. Has anyone here used one of these types of tools? I’m curious whether they actually make drawing easier or if they’re more trouble than they’re worth.

Click to expand...
I appreciate you raising this topic. It's something I deal with as well, and I've ended up bending a few needles along the way. So I headed over to Amazon to look for something like this, and it caught me off guard that they actually carry them. You can find a handful of different options here.
 
jmk909er said:

I appreciate you raising this topic. It's something I deal with as well, and I've ended up bending a few needles along the way. So I headed over to Amazon to look for something like this, and it caught me off guard that they actually carry them. You can find a handful of different options here.
I appreciate the understanding. After checking out another site that carries similar devices, I came across a really basic version priced under $6. For holding the vial in place during a draw, which is honestly the only thing I needed it for, I think it will work great. On top of that, I was hoping to hear from someone with hands-on experience who could tell me if it genuinely makes the drawing process smoother.
 
One hand holds the Vial, the other holds the needle. Whenever a small air bubble appears, I push the syringe plunger back into the vial just a teeny bit, then draw additional liquid, or I simply flick the syringe and continue drawing. Personally, I believe a holder would feel more clumsy to me.
 
PepEvidence said:

I appreciate the understanding. After checking out another site that carries similar devices, I came across a really basic version priced under $6. For holding the vial in place during a draw, which is honestly the only thing I needed it for, I think it will work great. On top of that, I was hoping to hear from someone with hands-on experience who could tell me if it genuinely makes the drawing process smoother.
Where did you come across them? Just so there's an answer if somebody asks later on.
 
OP — they do the job well, yes. It's a pretty specialized item, no question, but it performs the function it's meant for. My hands have arthritis, so sometimes I need something to help me keep the vial and syringe steady. Of the first 2 I picked up, fixed-needle syringes were the only option. The 3rd one I got is adjustable, so it works with either fixed or Luer lock. It can also be set up for a 3ml vial or a 3ml pen cartridge, which lets me pull the last few drops out of the cartridge. I bought mine through Etsy; they seem like the same style as the ones shown on the Amazon page above.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/4467760419/adjustable-syringe-guide-and-vial-holder



https://www.etsy.com/listing/1795081847/syringe-guide-reusable-peptide-vial



https://www.etsy.com/listing/4374381512/tshot-auto-syringe-filler-for-trthrt
 
After checking out the links and videos, I get how that could help keep needles from bending. Appreciate you passing it along 🙂
 
I've gotten much better at the 'one-handed-vial-syringe-hold' compared to before...early on I bent a lot of needles....these days it's rare, except when the vial is full, since it's heavier and can slip out of my grip and tip over 😳.....back when my needle bending was at its worst I checked out vial holders, but I never picked one up....it's likely still a handy thing to keep on hand.... 👍
 
PepEvidence said:


I sometimes struggle with draws, especially when I get bubbles using a U-100 syringe. I’ve even bent a needle before while trying to keep everything steady and work the bubbles out, so I went looking to see if anyone made some kind of holder to make the process easier. I found a few different versions people have created. They’re not all the same, but the basic idea is to hold the vial and syringe steady while you draw. Has anyone here used one of these types of tools? I’m curious whether they actually make drawing easier or if they’re more trouble than they’re worth.

Click to expand...
YES! Every single time I stick a syringe into a vial, I fight with the damn thing. 😂
 
sheilarae74 said:

YES! Every single time I stick a syringe into a vial, I fight with the damn thing. 😂
When you aim, are you landing it in the middle hole? That came out wrong — I mean the center circle.
 
With my bad eyesight and my old hands, this makes a difference. Before I had it, getting the middle was tricky and I ended up bending quite a few needles. These days, though, pens are what I use most of the time. Picked it up on Etsy for less than $10.
 
jmk909er said:

I appreciate you raising this topic. It's something I deal with as well, and I've ended up bending a few needles along the way. So I headed over to Amazon to look for something like this, and it caught me off guard that they actually carry them. You can find a handful of different options here.
That seems like the kind of thing I'd find a way to wreck. 🤣🤣
 
Picked one up today, it should arrive Tuesday. Bending needles is something I deal with, and I really ought to wear my glasses while doing it, but even just gripping the vial, getting the needle into the circle, and then flipping the whole thing around brings on a fair amount of stress.
 
Back
Top