Has anyone else experienced this?

Killswitch97

Explorer
Joined
Jan 18, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
My order showed up today in this condition. I figure customs did a poor job of sealing it back up. There was nothing inside the box, and it seems like my vendor won't do anything about it. They're calling it a local shipping problem.
 
That's rough. Sadly, it sounds like one of those things you just have to accept. It happens. Hope your next orders go better.
 
A few of my test vials ended up shattered while being shipped. I told my dealer, and they made it right with my following order.
 
Vash_ said:

A few of my test vials ended up shattered while being shipped. I told my dealer, and they made it right with my following order.
Same thing occurred to me before, but this is the first time like this. My guess is it slipped out during shipping because customs did such a bad job repacking it
 
Killswitch97 said:

My order showed up today in this condition. I figure customs did a poor job of sealing it back up. There was nothing inside the box, and it seems like my vendor won't do anything about it. They're calling it a local shipping problem.

Should your mail carrier begin shedding pounds, you may have found who's responsible 😂.

Since I stick to US warehouses for all my orders, I've never run into this problem, but I'm sorry you're dealing with it. That's genuinely rough.
 
Seeing this for the 1st time — when a package arrives like that in your hands, most vendors won't send a replacement. From the vendor's side, proving what went wrong is tough. It's simply the situation: if somebody opened a package, took out the vials, and then sent something like this back to the vendor, refunds or replacements would create chaos for them.

So what can you do?

Pick a vendor with a solid shipping line, especially one that serves your country, mate. Good luck.
 
I've come across situations where customs removed what was inside and then forwarded the empty package. Normally, though, you'd notice something—customs tape, a calling card, or a letter containing a contact #. It's been several years since then, so perhaps the process is different now, IDK
 
slick1 said:

I've come across situations where customs removed what was inside and then forwarded the empty package. Normally, though, you'd notice something—customs tape, a calling card, or a letter containing a contact #. It's been several years since then, so perhaps the process is different now, IDK
Customs probably isn't the one taking your items, and if they had seized it they wouldn't ship an empty box — more likely USPS is the one responsible
 
CNCCurrency said:

slick1 said:

I've come across situations where customs removed what was inside and then forwarded the empty package. Normally, though, you'd notice something—customs tape, a calling card, or a letter containing a contact #. It's been several years since then, so perhaps the process is different now, IDK
Customs probably isn't the one taking your items, and if they had seized it they wouldn't ship an empty box — more likely USPS is the one responsible
Yes, I've personally witnessed it occur. Whether that's what's going on in this situation, I can't say — but it definitely has taken place before.
 
slick1 said:

CNCCurrency said:

slick1 said:

I've come across situations where customs removed what was inside and then forwarded the empty package. Normally, though, you'd notice something—customs tape, a calling card, or a letter containing a contact #. It's been several years since then, so perhaps the process is different now, IDK
Customs probably isn't the one taking your items, and if they had seized it they wouldn't ship an empty box — more likely USPS is the one responsible
Yes, I've personally witnessed it occur. Whether that's what's going on in this situation, I can't say — but it definitely has taken place before.
My guess isn’t that customs seized it. More likely, the shoddy packaging caused it to slip out while it was in transit to me
 
slick1 said:

CNCCurrency said:

slick1 said:

I've come across situations where customs removed what was inside and then forwarded the empty package. Normally, though, you'd notice something—customs tape, a calling card, or a letter containing a contact #. It's been several years since then, so perhaps the process is different now, IDK
Customs probably isn't the one taking your items, and if they had seized it they wouldn't ship an empty box — more likely USPS is the one responsible
Yes, I've personally witnessed it occur. Whether that's what's going on in this situation, I can't say — but it definitely has taken place before.
What makes you 100% certain about that? Was it customs that handed it over to you?
 
If I were in that position, I would definitely expect the vendor to cover the cost. Should they refuse or be unable to resolve it, that’s their choice, but I would stop buying from them. For the sake of retaining a possible long-term customer, it seems like a small price to pay.
 
Back
Top