RubbaDubba1 said:
peppypineapple said:
RubbaDubba1 said:
peppypineapple said:
RubbaDubba1 said:
FilterOrDeath said:
DIY botox is something people do in certain communities, no question. That said, even if you managed to get your hands on botox, a professional may refuse to inject it. From what I hear, there's a venom-based serum out there that gives a botox-like freezing effect on the face. For her, checking beauty groups for that could be the smarter route. Whatever path you choose, look into it carefully first, assuming you go down any path at all. As for me, my face is off-limits for injections, so I've got nothing personal to share.
SYN-AKE 1 Gram Temple Viper Venom#-syn-ake-1-gram-temple-viper-venomI'm unsure whether it's intended for injection, though it does reference blending it into serums. For my part, I add SNAP 8 to Neutrogena, which I find helps ease facial tension and ward off tension headaches.
I'd really like to hear more from you about Snap 8 and the headaches. I receive Botox for migraines as a medical treatment, but it isn't helping the way it once did.
Since you asked — my situation is specifically Tension Headaches tied to Muscle/Skeletal problems. I've had 2 mild concussions, plus significant Arthritis in both the Lumbar and Cervical spine; no operations so far, but that's on the horizon. What makes it worse are the overactive Trigger points running from my lower back all the way up to the Occipital muscles at C1. I've gone through 5 rounds of Trigger point injections (Cortisone, Anesthetic & Lidocaine). They do help, but more keep appearing and each round seems to wear off faster. I've also had several Ablations and Cortisone shots in the lower back — the neck hasn't been treated that way yet. About 1.5 years ago a chiropractor damaged my jaw (I couldn't speak for 2 weeks). Right now I have referrals for both a Dentist who administers Botox and a Neurologist. On top of that, I'd estimate well over 100 rounds of Physical Therapy across the last 3 years, if you count my knee replacements along with back, neck, shoulders, tmj and so on. I've been to the ER too, blah blah blah. I figure you get the idea — there's a point to all this.
I came across info on SNAP 8, GHK Copper, and how to combine them into a facial serum. The thing is, SNAP 8 carries the advantage of briefly shutting down the Neuro transmitters (sort of) the way Botox does. Honestly, it helps my Forehead and cheek muscles loosen up, which stops a headache from getting worse and keeps one from starting. Avoid a water based serum — once you reconsitute it, there'll be too much water in it. My mix was 20mg SNAP 8 with 2ml bac water, and you store it in the fridge.
https://unitingwellness.com/5-snap-8-beauty-protocol/ If you're still reading, I can write another reply about how Ipamorlelin wipes out my headaches 80% of the time. Sounds far fetched, but if you're on this forum you're after alternatives like me. I just hadn't mentioned it yet.
Wow, that sounds really rough — I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that. I've got some Snap 8 and copper on hand that I'd planned to combine for anti-aging purposes, but now I'm definitely going to dig deeper into whether it could help with headaches, so thank you! Also, I'd really like to hear how things went for you with Ipamorelin. Anything that might help me get rid of these headaches is worth exploring.
Thanks, I appreciate that

I'll be giving this Syn Ake a shot too, and can report back afterward.
Now, about the headache. My starting point was a Compound pharmacy; later, while exploring other peptides, I came across a Longevity Dr. through telehealth who prescribes peptides (surprise, right?). At any rate, he kept pushing me to work out and so on, and I'd picked up a vial of CJC-1295 no dac combined with Ipamorelin, 10mg of each. According to him, it eases headaches for some of his patients and he has no idea why, it just does. (Alright then.)
11months down the line, I'm still not exercising and I'm in the middle of a 9 day bender with a headache. I come across a Reddit thread where someone had discovered that Ipamorelin helps their headaches. HUH?! I thawed that F$$^%R out, reconstituted it, and took a shot before bed, 200mcg total, 100 of each. It has to be done on an empty stomach before bed, or you wait 30 minutes after eating. Woke up, 90% of it was gone and it stayed away through most of the work day. The next 10 weeks were basically headache free, no BS for realzzeezzz. The downside is you can't remain on it forever, 5 days on 2 off, same as some peptides we already use.
What I found is that Ipamorelin alone works fairly well; I've gone as high as 500mcg daily but didn't always notice much extra benefit. It seems to cover me for 16 hours of the day, before it begins to fade. The CJC-1295 no dac with Ipamorelin does work a little better and helps my sleep somewhat, and I use less of it, 2-300mcg. The better part now is Tesamorelin and Sermorelin, which also belong in this category. The Sermorelin was weak and didn't hold for me, so I'll likely skip it from here on. The Tesamorelin was decent, but the water gain from it is noticeable, though no headache, and it costs more. So Ipamorelin appears to be the sweet spot for me. I've got 150mg of it in my freezer, weak sauce on this board but I'm still a noob. I use it for the work week and sometimes suffer on the weekends. It really has made life better, and I try not to go crazy with it. Another thing is I can't take Nsaids, because I've had weight loss surgery and it can give me an ulcer. For Arthritis I take Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium, which does help, but I always have to go off for blood work and my 2nd (in 2 weeks) of 3 surgeries planned this year.
Sorry, I'm a talker. But all this is true, since you're already on this board. Do your research give it a whirl, if you do please follow up. I'd like to hear it helped somebody out with their headaches.