Has anyone attempted to negotiate a price match with a vendor?

jason370

Explorer
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
They appear to have some wiggle room...possibly. I figure, if another seller offers the same thing at 25% less, what's the harm in trying to negotiate on a bundle of multiple peptides? That said, I suspect many of these vendors are really just one operation under different names, and the wild price swings are a trick to stop us from doing exactly this.
 
If you've already bought from the same vendor several times, I figure there's no harm in trying. When a relationship exists, some wiggle room is usually there. Should the price not budge, you'll likely get something in return, like bonus samples. In business, the Chinese are extremely competitive.

On a first order, though, I wouldn't push for anything extra.
 
I gave it a shot with a seller I usually buy from, one that's already on the affordable side. The answer was no.
 
I managed to talk a vendor down, though the savings were pretty small. When I mentioned what other sellers were charging, they shut it down completely.
 
One time it actually worked for me. I told them: "Look, so-and-so offers product X for $25 cheaper, but I'd rather buy from you, plus I'm also getting these other items that come to $350 altogether. Could you match so-and-so's price on just that one item?" She told me she needed to run it by her boss, and afterward she came back and said yes.
 
The way you phrase it matters a lot. Keep in mind too that English might not be their first language, so meaning can be lost when translating. (That's why you get terms like dear, friend, hunny, darling.) With a vendor/drop shipper I used before, I managed to get 10% off an order because I was a repeat customer. Nothing pushy, and honestly not worth risking bad blood with a vendor you still buy from. That's just my take: use brief, plain wording so it still comes through clearly after google translator.
 
I went to my regular vendor and asked whether they'd match a price on an order of ten kits totaling $1500, since another vendor had everything I wanted discounted. With no sale items on their end, my usual vendor came out roughly $400 higher. They then asked if I'd be willing to drop an item that was out of stock, which makes me think they were prepared to match, but I ended up buying from the other vendor instead.

Looking back, I'm wondering whether I should have requested that the out of stock item be shipped separately once it became available.
 
Back
Top