QueenMuntha said:
Major Update:
Since Dec 2023, I've been using CPAP for my severe OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) diagnosis, which had an AHI of 49. CPAP treatment has worked wonderfully; I haven't skipped a single night, and my AHI while on CPAP ranges from 0.0 to 0.2. Fantastic.
A week ago, I had two wisdom teeth extracted. They were located deep in the sinus and had bulbous roots, so my oral surgeon instructed me to keep my CPAP (BiLevel) off for Two Weeks. I expected that not using it would cause nightly AFib episodes, but I'm complying with his orders because I've heard a Dry Socket is the absolute worst.
Thus, over the last two nights, I conducted an experiment using my Wellue O2 ring—I wore it nonstop throughout the whole night-morning.
Consider me shocked. My untreated, no-CPAP night showed no oxygen dips under 92%! Holy shit! Since beginning GLP-1s last June, I've dropped 65 pounds, but since I still have 120 pounds left to lose, that's really not a huge amount of weight loss.
I've read that GLP1s fix OSA through more than just weight loss—they lower inflammation in the throat's tissue and reduce adipose tissue, and some people even think it involves brain-stimulated mechanisms for the entire breathing system.
I've booked an at-home Sleep Test to formally verify the results. This is insane!
So, in my case, beginning this class of medications has:
- Moved me from Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), where my eGFR was 49, down to Stage 2, where my eGFR is 78.
- Got rid of the agonizing chronic pain from bilateral knee osteoarthritis, which was bone-on-bone (no surgeon would perform a knee replacement due to my starting weight. [thank God now]). The pain was so crippling that I needed a cane full-time, and because of CKD I couldn't take any pain medication other than Tylenol.
- Completely cured my Overactive Bladder, so I no longer need fucking adult protection. Like, entirely.
- Completely wiped out my IBS.
- Halted Gout flares that Allopurinol wasn't fully resolving.
- Thus far seems to have sent my sleep apnea (severe obstructive) into remission
- Bringing lipedema down to levels I never imagined
- Sharply improving PCOS markers
- Gave me a new sensation of actually enjoying going out again, since I can now do it without getting breathless or needing a cane.
The weight loss is merely a bonus compared to the many other benefits these drugs are giving me. Although I've found that Reta causes gall bladder issues, Tirzepatide will likely be my lifelong choice, provided my overseas friends keep making it.
AND, don't get me started on what GLOW has done for me--THAT deserves its own separate post.
My GLP1 doses starting June 25
View attachment 149