Has a poor-quality batch ever been reported by anyone?

Mamasoypaquito

Explorer
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Glendale USA
I'm curious whether any member here has ever gotten a batch of retratutide or something similar that was bad. When I say bad batch, I'm talking about contamination or toxicity of any kind. I'm not referring to vials that are overfilled or underfilled.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.
 
Mamasoypaquito said:

I'm curious whether any member here has ever gotten a batch of retratutide or something similar that was bad. When I say bad batch, I'm talking about contamination or toxicity of any kind. I'm not referring to vials that are overfilled or underfilled.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.
From what I've observed in this community, the majority don't seem to test for that at all—they simply filter it and move on.
 
Mamasoypaquito said:

I'm curious whether any member here has ever gotten a batch of retratutide or something similar that was bad. When I say bad batch, I'm talking about contamination or toxicity of any kind. I'm not referring to vials that are overfilled or underfilled.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.
Not something I'm proud of, but I couldn't hold off for the test results and injected my rat with tirz that turned out to have reta mixed in by accident, 4:1 ratio, 12% overfill. I believed I was giving a generous 15 mg of tirz, yet the rat actually received roughly 14 tirz and 4 reta. That poor rat's GI tract shut down completely for around 4 days. 🤣
 
latviantower said:

Mamasoypaquito said:

I'm curious whether any member here has ever gotten a batch of retratutide or something similar that was bad. When I say bad batch, I'm talking about contamination or toxicity of any kind. I'm not referring to vials that are overfilled or underfilled.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.
Not something I'm proud of, but I couldn't hold off for the test results and injected my rat with tirz that turned out to have reta mixed in by accident, 4:1 ratio, 12% overfill. I believed I was giving a generous 15 mg of tirz, yet the rat actually received roughly 14 tirz and 4 reta. That poor rat's GI tract shut down completely for around 4 days. 🤣
So what happened for you was that you placed an order for Tirz, but what arrived was tirz that had reta mixed into it?
 
Mamasoypaquito said:

latviantower said:

Mamasoypaquito said:

I'm curious whether any member here has ever gotten a batch of retratutide or something similar that was bad. When I say bad batch, I'm talking about contamination or toxicity of any kind. I'm not referring to vials that are overfilled or underfilled.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.
Not something I'm proud of, but I couldn't hold off for the test results and injected my rat with tirz that turned out to have reta mixed in by accident, 4:1 ratio, 12% overfill. I believed I was giving a generous 15 mg of tirz, yet the rat actually received roughly 14 tirz and 4 reta. That poor rat's GI tract shut down completely for around 4 days. 🤣
So what happened for you was that you placed an order for Tirz, but what arrived was tirz that had reta mixed into it?
Yes. The test results came out 1 day later. There was a major “recall” - the vendor handled it well and swapped out every last one.
 
From where I stand, the odds are pretty high — which is exactly why checking out whoever we're buying from matters so much. I looked into a bunch of vendors by digging through reviews, checking other platforms, and seeing whether they put out test reports on a regular basis. Anyone who only tested now and then was out, and so was anyone who simply grabbed a user's report, screenshotted it, and acted like that was enough. A quick read tells us these products carry a research-only label, not for human consumption, so the risks are clear before we even start. Running your own test on that first kit from a new vendor is smart too, then judge from there. My own first attempt came back at 0% peptide, so I dropped that source and swallowed the loss — my health comes first in the end. Filtering is something I always do to cut down contaminant risk, though it never reaches 100%. That's part of what we accept when going grey. Still, with every fresh kit I give my rat .1ml to check for a reaction, then the following day I run the rest, which lets me watch for anything unusual.
 
I recall a case where each batch came with a blue hue, yet folks kept praising it as giving them the strongest outcomes, and some even went out of their way to hunt it down. 😉
 
MakeNoPeaceWithEvil said:

This is a good question, I thought more folks would chime in...
Like others have pointed out in this thread, choosing your suppliers carefully goes a long way toward preventing these kinds of problems. Check for favorable feedback, both here and elsewhere, see how many years they have been running, and above all, when a quality problem did come up, what was their response? By sticking to a handful of straightforward guidelines like these, along with a bit of everyday judgment, the odds of ending up with a "bad batch" drop considerably. That being said, this is the grey market — the wild west, if you will — so everyone here accepts the risks that come with operating in it.
 
Throughout all my years in this space, working with different peptides, I have never once gotten a bad batch. Could that just be luck? Possibly, but it’s tough to say—you’d think some kind of quality check would happen before anything leaves the lab.
 
I get that overfills aren't part of this, but my 50 mg GHK-cu kit came back at over 100 mg. That's beyond what you'd usually see for an overfill. And my first time using GHK hurt even worse than it normally does😵
 
Back
Top