Hair peptides?

detking

Explorer
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Tennessee
Since joining this forum, I've realized peptides go beyond just weight loss. Is there anything out there that helps with hair loss? I'm young, but my hair situation makes me so self-conscious that I won't go without a hat, and hair surgery costs way too much. I'm aware there are like a billion rules, and I'm not sure if asking this breaks one—thanks anyway.
 
For hair, people frequently suggest the copper peptides GHK-Cu and AHK-Cu. On this site, GHK comes up a lot in the context of skin care. As for AHK, it's usually only suggested when it comes to hair.
 
yeddie said:

For hair, people frequently suggest the copper peptides GHK-Cu and AHK-Cu. On this site, GHK comes up a lot in the context of skin care. As for AHK, it's usually only suggested when it comes to hair.
Thanks so much—I'll look further into AHK. Your answer really means a lot to me!
 
There is a good thread on here with some recommendations:

Any 50 YO men seeing hair growth from anything?

/community-link/thread/9450/
 
detking said:

Since joining this forum, I've realized peptides go beyond just weight loss. Is there anything out there that helps with hair loss? I'm young, but my hair situation makes me so self-conscious that I won't go without a hat, and hair surgery costs way too much. I'm aware there are like a billion rules, and I'm not sure if asking this breaks one—thanks anyway.
I appreciate you bringing this up—I'm working on figuring out which products will actually support my hair growing back, since I've lost 50% of my hair's volume. I had been thinking about GHK, but now I'll also check out the other option. Best of luck!
 
@detking

@Outofsight

Peptides aren't what I'm suggesting, but has Minoxidil been something you've used? From what I've heard, using it alongside Tretinoin makes it work better. Other retinoids, I'm not certain about.

If it were me, Minoxidil on its own would be the first thing I'd try.

Just a warning. Minoxidil can harm pets, though.
 
Back
Top