Greetings 👋🏻 from Wales, UK

defleoppard

Explorer
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Chester
Hey all! 👋

I'm 34, living in North Wales, Chester UK. Today marks the beginning of my weight-loss effort, beginning at 120 kg (265 lbs), aiming for 80 kg (176 lbs).

Right now I'm in week 2 of reta (retatrutide), 1.0 mg, and I'm still picking things up, reading up, and moving forward gradually. My hope is to pick up knowledge from what everyone here has been through and to post my own updates as I go.

Elora has also caught my attention, and I might add it once it's available, though at the moment my focus is on getting a handle on reta and watching how my body reacts.

Excited to pick things up from all of you and hopefully hit that 80 kg target! 💪
 
defleoppard said:

Hey all! 👋

I'm 34, living in North Wales, Chester UK. Today marks the beginning of my weight-loss effort, beginning at 120 kg (265 lbs), aiming for 80 kg (176 lbs).

Right now I'm in week 2 of reta (retatrutide), 1.0 mg, and I'm still picking things up, reading up, and moving forward gradually. My hope is to pick up knowledge from what everyone here has been through and to post my own updates as I go.

Elora has also caught my attention, and I might add it once it's available, though at the moment my focus is on getting a handle on reta and watching how my body reacts.

Excited to pick things up from all of you and hopefully hit that 80 kg target! 💪
You're not all that far away from where I am.

Mine went from 110kg down to 70kg (these days I'm keeping it steady), and the change to my health and the way I feel has been massive. Putting in a lot of work on my diet and getting exercise in definitely helped me, though it was the meds (mountjaro at the start, in my case) that gave me the room to actually do it.

Best of luck with your plan - I haven't had a look at Elora yet, but I will.
 
moodypenguin said:

You're not all that far away from where I am.

Mine went from 110kg down to 70kg (these days I'm keeping it steady), and the change to my health and the way I feel has been massive. Putting in a lot of work on my diet and getting exercise in definitely helped me, though it was the meds (mountjaro at the start, in my case) that gave me the room to actually do it.

Best of luck with your plan - I haven't had a look at Elora yet, but I will.
Good to hear that, mate — the effort was all yours and the payoff is well earned. Best of luck with your journey, cheers!

Hoping I'll get there too one day x
 
Hi from another corner of Wales! Did reta give you any side effects? I'd taken just 1 dose (tony 0.5mg) after moving over from Tirzepatide, and it left me feeling horrendously anxious — enough to put me off it. I realise it's on a different level compared to Tirz, but a reaction like that wasn't something I'd anticipated. I assume the raised HR had something to do with it?
 
Back
Top