Cerebral Lullaby
Explorer
Hello from Oz. Weight has been a battle for me for as long as I can remember. Back in my teens I was an athlete (well, sort of), and that kept the extra pounds from piling on. My weight went up and down over the years — after my teenage years I got pretty hooked on cycling, doing a solid 100 miles a week, but naturally I got older and "life happened," along with poor choices and bad habits. For years I enjoyed alcohol more than I should have, and honestly it still comes knocking at my door regularly, and I frequently let it in. I began official Zepbound in June and have lost 21 pounds. I'm 62 and this time around is a bitch. GLP1 is a truly remarkable medicine and I don't want to stop it, but the price is absurd. That said, I've been VERY lucky to respond quite well on 2.5 AND haven't had to pay anything yet, since a wonderful friend of mine in the medical field has been providing it so far. I've now reached the point where I feel I might need to titrate up a little to finish off what I still need to lose — roughly 40 more pounds — and I'm worried I'll have to quit because of the cost. That's about it....
I'm sure plenty of people can relate. Hoping to pick up some knowledge while I'm here.
I'm sure plenty of people can relate. Hoping to pick up some knowledge while I'm here.