GLPs, Your Gallbladder, And You – Birdwhacker's Guide to Busting Organ Failure

Good god. A few weeks back I had a hunch gallbladder trouble might be in the picture for you, but I had no idea things had gotten this terrifying.

It's clear you aren't asking for guidance and wouldn't welcome it anyway, but my hope is that whichever path you take, or whichever paths are available to you, is the one you'd choose for a person you care about deeply — because this situation is awful, it sounds severe and frightening, and I'm sorry you're the one living it.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Good god. A few weeks back I had a hunch gallbladder trouble might be in the picture for you, but I had no idea things had gotten this terrifying.

It's clear you aren't asking for guidance and wouldn't welcome it anyway, but my hope is that whichever path you take, or whichever paths are available to you, is the one you'd choose for a person you care about deeply — because this situation is awful, it sounds severe and frightening, and I'm sorry you're the one living it.
Things have improved quite a bit by this point. My bowel movements are getting back to usual thanks to TUDCA, not skipping breakfast, and warm beverages, plus there's been no attack for 2 days. Night eating and nicotine were also aggravating things significantly. On top of that, lowering my reta dose seems to have contributed.
 
birdwhacker said:

Gallbladder failure can result as a side effect of the rapid weight loss that GLPs cause — and possibly from GLPs on their own.

Nope, sources won't be provided by me, since I'm no nerd. Google it yourself.

Nope, no doctor has given me a diagnosis. If that rubs you the wrong way, unless you're footing the bill for the appointment, find another thread.

About me: 27m, 6'0", began reta roughly 13 weeks back, and I've dropped 32lbs (14.5kg) since then. Essentially that's a steady 3lbs weekly, right from week 1 on reta. Only cardio and diet, no lifting. A 1200 calorie defecit.

Roughly 2 months in, URQ (upper right quadrant) pain started hitting me during runs. A precise spot at the 1 o'clock position, right along the line of my lowest rib. Kind of like an inside cramp. Once it kicks off, it keeps escalating unless I dial back the activity. Heading home and eating a meal appeared to clear it up for the remainder of the day.

I now realize those attacks were set off by a zero fat cold breakfast (whey shake with nonfat milk).

Keep in mind other people might have completely different symptoms. Some folks enjoy challenging this and implying I'm clueless because no sawbones has told me to go take ibuprofen for it. I've done more research than you, and my dozens of forum posts and reddit threads beat your medical credentials any day of the week.

What comes next is a brief rundown of symptoms, risk factors, and most importantly what you can do to fix it. Go ahead and search reddit.com/r/gallbladder, reddit.com/r/altgallbladder, and other forums if you want more experiences. I just want to inform people using the search function in future about what they can do to potentially keep their gallbladder (hold out until surgery is required) for as long as they can.

TMI warning:

Since this all began, I've also observed that taurine (any amount) and TUDCA make me shit my entire ass within minutes of taking them. Neither supplement normally does this. If taurine makes you immediately shit your pants, your gallbladder might be problematic! The poo is yellow or orange, burns, and doesn't smell or look like normal poo. It also floats on top of the water due to poorly digested lipids.

Both taurine and TUDCA stimulate bile flow. When the gallbladder is functioning poorly due to inflammation, sludge, or stones, taking something to stimulate it causes it to dump out all of the bile which subsequently stimulates the colon to produce lubricating mucous that tells you to shit your britches.

Things that are bad for your gallbladder include: Opiates, GLPs, calcium channel blockers, progesterone, merely being a woman, being over 40, being fat, not being fat too quickly after being fat, fasting, keto, skipping breakfast, cold drinks, nicotine, excess calcium, excess copper, excess iron, and beef.

Gallbladder issues strike women more often. Surgery and medical intervention are needed more often by men.

Here is what you can do to unfuck your gallbladder:

  • Digestive enzymes
  • Chanca piedra
  • Curucumin (turmeric) extract (with piperine)
  • Betaine HCL with Pepsin
  • Ox Bile
  • TUDCA
  • UDCA (Medication: Ursodiol)
  • Magnesium malate
  • Psilium husk, magnesium malate, zinc, lemon juice, ginger, vinegar
  • Oxytocin peptide

UDCA is the medication that a doctor would prescribe you to potentially dissolve gallstones. This does not work in more than half of cases, but you and me are built different so our chances are much better. TUDCA is taurine conjugated UDCA. Research shows that UDCA is more effective than TUDCA in dissolving stones. I haven't tried UDCA yet, but TUDCA produced an immediate relief in URQ symptoms for me (and taurine to a lesser extent). TUDCA is also used by bodybuilders and alcoholics to help protect the liver.

Chanca piedra, also known as stone breaker (a little on the nose imo), is some kind of bullshit tea that was originally used to break down kidney stones. Apparently is works for gallstones as well. From what I've seen in my research, this is one of the more effective treatments on par with UDCA. There are extract capsules on Amazon, and it seems that pairing these capsules with tea would be the smart move.

Curucumin with piperine, it's fucking turmeric. It's gotta be super good for you. The people on reddit told me to take it. Can't hurt, right? When it comes to herbal extracts and more esoteric supplements, I trust nootropicsdepot more than anyone on Amazon, so I'm gonna mention them since they have some high quality curucumin extracts available. I'll be picking them up for sure.

Digestive enzymes and betaine HCL with pepsin: Again, it's in the name. Digestive enzymes? That shit has to be super good for digestion. Betaine HCL with Pepsin, I have actually taken before when I was much younger. It cured my indigestion and I was quite impressed, but I never actually bought more. People on Reddit who have actually have success recommend the stone breaker tea in the morning, and the enzymes+pepsin taken before every meal. I personally would like very much to digest my fish oil again instead of dumping it into my toilet bowl.

Ox Bile: Gonna be honest, I don't know if this is totally necessary with UDCA/TUDCA since those are already bile salts. Use at your discretion, it comes up a lot so I had to mention it.

Magnesium Malate: Magnesium and zinc are good for the gallbladder. To be honest, if you're not already supplementing one or both of these, I have to wonder if you're responsible enough to be using peptides at all. I recommend malate, because I heard through a little birdy that malic acid is also good for stone dissolution and this seems like a good way to kill two paraquets with one cholesterol stone.



Oxytocin: This is a fun one and it's actually been super beneficial in my routine. Oxytocin is known for two things: Making you poop, and causing headaches. It excels at both of these tasks. In-fact, I have a headache right now. I was curious and I looked up the mechanism and found out that oxytocin causes contractions in the gallbladder that help push out bile acids.

My routine currently is as follows: Wake up, go make a hot toddy with honey, ginger, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper (surprisingly good). Then I chug down some psilium husk, and I chase it with 500mg tudca and a few grams of taurine while sipping the warm mixture. Then I have a few prunes and drink a shit load of olive oil. Then as I'm nearing the end of my drink, I blast 200-500mcg of oxytocin. After about ten minutes, the gall bladder starts dumping and I have a BM.

Today is day 3 of this routine, and I actually haven't pooped yet today because the gallbladder is getting better. Poops are looking slightly more normal, and I'm actually doing the routine for a second time right now after i had my dinner (7pm here). I'm going to add all of the above in next month and try to actually dissolve the stones and keep them dissolved moving forward. Thank God I'm unemployed and had the time to figure all of this out because the surgery is wildly expensive and good luck getting one immediately if it isn't like threatening or you don't have 10k sitting around.

Birdwhacker out!

Edit: Big update everyone, I managed to digest all of my food today and my poop was solid and somewhat brown for the first time in weeks. There is hope after all.
I still haven't given Taurine a shot, though it seems like it might "assist" with losing weight... 🙂

What makes you rule out the pancreas? Something at the 1 o'clock spot points more toward that than the gallbladder, which is located around noon or 11 (upper right). I've got acute pancreatitis myself, including ER visits for it and scans that confirmed the diagnosis. On top of that, there are anecdotal reports of pancreatitis problems being set off by certain GLP1's, so that could be a connection worth considering.

None of this really alters your post or what you went through, I just figured I'd bring it up. pancreas/bladder... sort of symaptics for what youre talking about with bile, Tudca, BM's etc.

Good luck, its painful and annoying shit! (pun intended)
 
GLPFrodo said:

birdwhacker said:

Gallbladder failure can result as a side effect of the rapid weight loss that GLPs cause — and possibly from GLPs on their own.

Nope, sources won't be provided by me, since I'm no nerd. Google it yourself.

Nope, no doctor has given me a diagnosis. If that rubs you the wrong way, unless you're footing the bill for the appointment, find another thread.

About me: 27m, 6'0", began reta roughly 13 weeks back, and I've dropped 32lbs (14.5kg) since then. Essentially that's a steady 3lbs weekly, right from week 1 on reta. Only cardio and diet, no lifting. A 1200 calorie defecit.

Roughly 2 months in, URQ (upper right quadrant) pain started hitting me during runs. A precise spot at the 1 o'clock position, right along the line of my lowest rib. Kind of like an inside cramp. Once it kicks off, it keeps escalating unless I dial back the activity. Heading home and eating a meal appeared to clear it up for the remainder of the day.

I now realize those attacks were set off by a zero fat cold breakfast (whey shake with nonfat milk).

Keep in mind other people might have completely different symptoms. Some folks enjoy challenging this and implying I'm clueless because no sawbones has told me to go take ibuprofen for it. I've done more research than you, and my dozens of forum posts and reddit threads beat your medical credentials any day of the week.

What comes next is a brief rundown of symptoms, risk factors, and most importantly what you can do to fix it. Go ahead and search reddit.com/r/gallbladder, reddit.com/r/altgallbladder, and other forums if you want more experiences. I just want to inform people using the search function in future about what they can do to potentially keep their gallbladder (hold out until surgery is required) for as long as they can.

TMI warning:

Since this all began, I've also observed that taurine (any amount) and TUDCA make me shit my entire ass within minutes of taking them. Neither supplement normally does this. If taurine makes you immediately shit your pants, your gallbladder might be problematic! The poo is yellow or orange, burns, and doesn't smell or look like normal poo. It also floats on top of the water due to poorly digested lipids.

Both taurine and TUDCA stimulate bile flow. When the gallbladder is functioning poorly due to inflammation, sludge, or stones, taking something to stimulate it causes it to dump out all of the bile which subsequently stimulates the colon to produce lubricating mucous that tells you to shit your britches.

Things that are bad for your gallbladder include: Opiates, GLPs, calcium channel blockers, progesterone, merely being a woman, being over 40, being fat, not being fat too quickly after being fat, fasting, keto, skipping breakfast, cold drinks, nicotine, excess calcium, excess copper, excess iron, and beef.

Gallbladder issues strike women more often. Surgery and medical intervention are needed more often by men.

Here is what you can do to unfuck your gallbladder:

  • Digestive enzymes
  • Chanca piedra
  • Curucumin (turmeric) extract (with piperine)
  • Betaine HCL with Pepsin
  • Ox Bile
  • TUDCA
  • UDCA (Medication: Ursodiol)
  • Magnesium malate
  • Psilium husk, magnesium malate, zinc, lemon juice, ginger, vinegar
  • Oxytocin peptide

UDCA is the medication that a doctor would prescribe you to potentially dissolve gallstones. This does not work in more than half of cases, but you and me are built different so our chances are much better. TUDCA is taurine conjugated UDCA. Research shows that UDCA is more effective than TUDCA in dissolving stones. I haven't tried UDCA yet, but TUDCA produced an immediate relief in URQ symptoms for me (and taurine to a lesser extent). TUDCA is also used by bodybuilders and alcoholics to help protect the liver.

Chanca piedra, also known as stone breaker (a little on the nose imo), is some kind of bullshit tea that was originally used to break down kidney stones. Apparently is works for gallstones as well. From what I've seen in my research, this is one of the more effective treatments on par with UDCA. There are extract capsules on Amazon, and it seems that pairing these capsules with tea would be the smart move.

Curucumin with piperine, it's fucking turmeric. It's gotta be super good for you. The people on reddit told me to take it. Can't hurt, right? When it comes to herbal extracts and more esoteric supplements, I trust nootropicsdepot more than anyone on Amazon, so I'm gonna mention them since they have some high quality curucumin extracts available. I'll be picking them up for sure.

Digestive enzymes and betaine HCL with pepsin: Again, it's in the name. Digestive enzymes? That shit has to be super good for digestion. Betaine HCL with Pepsin, I have actually taken before when I was much younger. It cured my indigestion and I was quite impressed, but I never actually bought more. People on Reddit who have actually have success recommend the stone breaker tea in the morning, and the enzymes+pepsin taken before every meal. I personally would like very much to digest my fish oil again instead of dumping it into my toilet bowl.

Ox Bile: Gonna be honest, I don't know if this is totally necessary with UDCA/TUDCA since those are already bile salts. Use at your discretion, it comes up a lot so I had to mention it.

Magnesium Malate: Magnesium and zinc are good for the gallbladder. To be honest, if you're not already supplementing one or both of these, I have to wonder if you're responsible enough to be using peptides at all. I recommend malate, because I heard through a little birdy that malic acid is also good for stone dissolution and this seems like a good way to kill two paraquets with one cholesterol stone.



Oxytocin: This is a fun one and it's actually been super beneficial in my routine. Oxytocin is known for two things: Making you poop, and causing headaches. It excels at both of these tasks. In-fact, I have a headache right now. I was curious and I looked up the mechanism and found out that oxytocin causes contractions in the gallbladder that help push out bile acids.

My routine currently is as follows: Wake up, go make a hot toddy with honey, ginger, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper (surprisingly good). Then I chug down some psilium husk, and I chase it with 500mg tudca and a few grams of taurine while sipping the warm mixture. Then I have a few prunes and drink a shit load of olive oil. Then as I'm nearing the end of my drink, I blast 200-500mcg of oxytocin. After about ten minutes, the gall bladder starts dumping and I have a BM.

Today is day 3 of this routine, and I actually haven't pooped yet today because the gallbladder is getting better. Poops are looking slightly more normal, and I'm actually doing the routine for a second time right now after i had my dinner (7pm here). I'm going to add all of the above in next month and try to actually dissolve the stones and keep them dissolved moving forward. Thank God I'm unemployed and had the time to figure all of this out because the surgery is wildly expensive and good luck getting one immediately if it isn't like threatening or you don't have 10k sitting around.

Birdwhacker out!

Edit: Big update everyone, I managed to digest all of my food today and my poop was solid and somewhat brown for the first time in weeks. There is hope after all.
I still haven't given Taurine a shot, though it seems like it might "assist" with losing weight... 🙂

What makes you rule out the pancreas? Something at the 1 o'clock spot points more toward that than the gallbladder, which is located around noon or 11 (upper right). I've got acute pancreatitis myself, including ER visits for it and scans that confirmed the diagnosis. On top of that, there are anecdotal reports of pancreatitis problems being set off by certain GLP1's, so that could be a connection worth considering.

None of this really alters your post or what you went through, I just figured I'd bring it up. pancreas/bladder... sort of symaptics for what youre talking about with bile, Tudca, BM's etc.

Good luck, its painful and annoying shit! (pun intended)
Before any of this turned into a problem, taurine was already something I enjoyed – combine it with glycine at night and it's bliss. There's also a bit of research suggesting it may work like creatine does, helping stop muscle loss while you're dropping weight!

GLPFrodo said:

birdwhacker said:

Gallbladder failure can result as a side effect of the rapid weight loss that GLPs cause — and possibly from GLPs on their own.

Nope, sources won't be provided by me, since I'm no nerd. Google it yourself.

Nope, no doctor has given me a diagnosis. If that rubs you the wrong way, unless you're footing the bill for the appointment, find another thread.

About me: 27m, 6'0", began reta roughly 13 weeks back, and I've dropped 32lbs (14.5kg) since then. Essentially that's a steady 3lbs weekly, right from week 1 on reta. Only cardio and diet, no lifting. A 1200 calorie defecit.

Roughly 2 months in, URQ (upper right quadrant) pain started hitting me during runs. A precise spot at the 1 o'clock position, right along the line of my lowest rib. Kind of like an inside cramp. Once it kicks off, it keeps escalating unless I dial back the activity. Heading home and eating a meal appeared to clear it up for the remainder of the day.

I now realize those attacks were set off by a zero fat cold breakfast (whey shake with nonfat milk).

Keep in mind other people might have completely different symptoms. Some folks enjoy challenging this and implying I'm clueless because no sawbones has told me to go take ibuprofen for it. I've done more research than you, and my dozens of forum posts and reddit threads beat your medical credentials any day of the week.

What comes next is a brief rundown of symptoms, risk factors, and most importantly what you can do to fix it. Go ahead and search reddit.com/r/gallbladder, reddit.com/r/altgallbladder, and other forums if you want more experiences. I just want to inform people using the search function in future about what they can do to potentially keep their gallbladder (hold out until surgery is required) for as long as they can.

TMI warning:

Since this all began, I've also observed that taurine (any amount) and TUDCA make me shit my entire ass within minutes of taking them. Neither supplement normally does this. If taurine makes you immediately shit your pants, your gallbladder might be problematic! The poo is yellow or orange, burns, and doesn't smell or look like normal poo. It also floats on top of the water due to poorly digested lipids.

Both taurine and TUDCA stimulate bile flow. When the gallbladder is functioning poorly due to inflammation, sludge, or stones, taking something to stimulate it causes it to dump out all of the bile which subsequently stimulates the colon to produce lubricating mucous that tells you to shit your britches.

Things that are bad for your gallbladder include: Opiates, GLPs, calcium channel blockers, progesterone, merely being a woman, being over 40, being fat, not being fat too quickly after being fat, fasting, keto, skipping breakfast, cold drinks, nicotine, excess calcium, excess copper, excess iron, and beef.

Gallbladder issues strike women more often. Surgery and medical intervention are needed more often by men.

Here is what you can do to unfuck your gallbladder:

  • Digestive enzymes
  • Chanca piedra
  • Curucumin (turmeric) extract (with piperine)
  • Betaine HCL with Pepsin
  • Ox Bile
  • TUDCA
  • UDCA (Medication: Ursodiol)
  • Magnesium malate
  • Psilium husk, magnesium malate, zinc, lemon juice, ginger, vinegar
  • Oxytocin peptide

UDCA is the medication that a doctor would prescribe you to potentially dissolve gallstones. This does not work in more than half of cases, but you and me are built different so our chances are much better. TUDCA is taurine conjugated UDCA. Research shows that UDCA is more effective than TUDCA in dissolving stones. I haven't tried UDCA yet, but TUDCA produced an immediate relief in URQ symptoms for me (and taurine to a lesser extent). TUDCA is also used by bodybuilders and alcoholics to help protect the liver.

Chanca piedra, also known as stone breaker (a little on the nose imo), is some kind of bullshit tea that was originally used to break down kidney stones. Apparently is works for gallstones as well. From what I've seen in my research, this is one of the more effective treatments on par with UDCA. There are extract capsules on Amazon, and it seems that pairing these capsules with tea would be the smart move.

Curucumin with piperine, it's fucking turmeric. It's gotta be super good for you. The people on reddit told me to take it. Can't hurt, right? When it comes to herbal extracts and more esoteric supplements, I trust nootropicsdepot more than anyone on Amazon, so I'm gonna mention them since they have some high quality curucumin extracts available. I'll be picking them up for sure.

Digestive enzymes and betaine HCL with pepsin: Again, it's in the name. Digestive enzymes? That shit has to be super good for digestion. Betaine HCL with Pepsin, I have actually taken before when I was much younger. It cured my indigestion and I was quite impressed, but I never actually bought more. People on Reddit who have actually have success recommend the stone breaker tea in the morning, and the enzymes+pepsin taken before every meal. I personally would like very much to digest my fish oil again instead of dumping it into my toilet bowl.

Ox Bile: Gonna be honest, I don't know if this is totally necessary with UDCA/TUDCA since those are already bile salts. Use at your discretion, it comes up a lot so I had to mention it.

Magnesium Malate: Magnesium and zinc are good for the gallbladder. To be honest, if you're not already supplementing one or both of these, I have to wonder if you're responsible enough to be using peptides at all. I recommend malate, because I heard through a little birdy that malic acid is also good for stone dissolution and this seems like a good way to kill two paraquets with one cholesterol stone.



Oxytocin: This is a fun one and it's actually been super beneficial in my routine. Oxytocin is known for two things: Making you poop, and causing headaches. It excels at both of these tasks. In-fact, I have a headache right now. I was curious and I looked up the mechanism and found out that oxytocin causes contractions in the gallbladder that help push out bile acids.

My routine currently is as follows: Wake up, go make a hot toddy with honey, ginger, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper (surprisingly good). Then I chug down some psilium husk, and I chase it with 500mg tudca and a few grams of taurine while sipping the warm mixture. Then I have a few prunes and drink a shit load of olive oil. Then as I'm nearing the end of my drink, I blast 200-500mcg of oxytocin. After about ten minutes, the gall bladder starts dumping and I have a BM.

Today is day 3 of this routine, and I actually haven't pooped yet today because the gallbladder is getting better. Poops are looking slightly more normal, and I'm actually doing the routine for a second time right now after i had my dinner (7pm here). I'm going to add all of the above in next month and try to actually dissolve the stones and keep them dissolved moving forward. Thank God I'm unemployed and had the time to figure all of this out because the surgery is wildly expensive and good luck getting one immediately if it isn't like threatening or you don't have 10k sitting around.

Birdwhacker out!

Edit: Big update everyone, I managed to digest all of my food today and my poop was solid and somewhat brown for the first time in weeks. There is hope after all.
I still haven't given Taurine a shot, though it seems like it might "assist" with losing weight... 🙂

What makes you rule out the pancreas? Something at the 1 o'clock spot points more toward that than the gallbladder, which is located around noon or 11 (upper right). I've got acute pancreatitis myself, including ER visits for it and scans that confirmed the diagnosis. On top of that, there are anecdotal reports of pancreatitis problems being set off by certain GLP1's, so that could be a connection worth considering.

None of this really alters your post or what you went through, I just figured I'd bring it up. pancreas/bladder... sort of symaptics for what youre talking about with bile, Tudca, BM's etc.

Good luck, its painful and annoying shit! (pun intended)
I'm not dismissing anything! The number of people I came across whose stories matched mine and who ended up having gallbladder problems was higher than the number with pancreas problems.

Also, I'm not sure we're picturing the location the same way. For me, staring straight forward is 12 o'clock, and my spine is 6 o'clock. So when I look down at my solar plexus, the ache sits roughly five inches to the right of it.

GLPFrodo said:

birdwhacker said:

Gallbladder failure can result as a side effect of the rapid weight loss that GLPs cause — and possibly from GLPs on their own.

Nope, sources won't be provided by me, since I'm no nerd. Google it yourself.

Nope, no doctor has given me a diagnosis. If that rubs you the wrong way, unless you're footing the bill for the appointment, find another thread.

About me: 27m, 6'0", began reta roughly 13 weeks back, and I've dropped 32lbs (14.5kg) since then. Essentially that's a steady 3lbs weekly, right from week 1 on reta. Only cardio and diet, no lifting. A 1200 calorie defecit.

Roughly 2 months in, URQ (upper right quadrant) pain started hitting me during runs. A precise spot at the 1 o'clock position, right along the line of my lowest rib. Kind of like an inside cramp. Once it kicks off, it keeps escalating unless I dial back the activity. Heading home and eating a meal appeared to clear it up for the remainder of the day.

I now realize those attacks were set off by a zero fat cold breakfast (whey shake with nonfat milk).

Keep in mind other people might have completely different symptoms. Some folks enjoy challenging this and implying I'm clueless because no sawbones has told me to go take ibuprofen for it. I've done more research than you, and my dozens of forum posts and reddit threads beat your medical credentials any day of the week.

What comes next is a brief rundown of symptoms, risk factors, and most importantly what you can do to fix it. Go ahead and search reddit.com/r/gallbladder, reddit.com/r/altgallbladder, and other forums if you want more experiences. I just want to inform people using the search function in future about what they can do to potentially keep their gallbladder (hold out until surgery is required) for as long as they can.

TMI warning:

Since this all began, I've also observed that taurine (any amount) and TUDCA make me shit my entire ass within minutes of taking them. Neither supplement normally does this. If taurine makes you immediately shit your pants, your gallbladder might be problematic! The poo is yellow or orange, burns, and doesn't smell or look like normal poo. It also floats on top of the water due to poorly digested lipids.

Both taurine and TUDCA stimulate bile flow. When the gallbladder is functioning poorly due to inflammation, sludge, or stones, taking something to stimulate it causes it to dump out all of the bile which subsequently stimulates the colon to produce lubricating mucous that tells you to shit your britches.

Things that are bad for your gallbladder include: Opiates, GLPs, calcium channel blockers, progesterone, merely being a woman, being over 40, being fat, not being fat too quickly after being fat, fasting, keto, skipping breakfast, cold drinks, nicotine, excess calcium, excess copper, excess iron, and beef.

Gallbladder issues strike women more often. Surgery and medical intervention are needed more often by men.

Here is what you can do to unfuck your gallbladder:

  • Digestive enzymes
  • Chanca piedra
  • Curucumin (turmeric) extract (with piperine)
  • Betaine HCL with Pepsin
  • Ox Bile
  • TUDCA
  • UDCA (Medication: Ursodiol)
  • Magnesium malate
  • Psilium husk, magnesium malate, zinc, lemon juice, ginger, vinegar
  • Oxytocin peptide

UDCA is the medication that a doctor would prescribe you to potentially dissolve gallstones. This does not work in more than half of cases, but you and me are built different so our chances are much better. TUDCA is taurine conjugated UDCA. Research shows that UDCA is more effective than TUDCA in dissolving stones. I haven't tried UDCA yet, but TUDCA produced an immediate relief in URQ symptoms for me (and taurine to a lesser extent). TUDCA is also used by bodybuilders and alcoholics to help protect the liver.

Chanca piedra, also known as stone breaker (a little on the nose imo), is some kind of bullshit tea that was originally used to break down kidney stones. Apparently is works for gallstones as well. From what I've seen in my research, this is one of the more effective treatments on par with UDCA. There are extract capsules on Amazon, and it seems that pairing these capsules with tea would be the smart move.

Curucumin with piperine, it's fucking turmeric. It's gotta be super good for you. The people on reddit told me to take it. Can't hurt, right? When it comes to herbal extracts and more esoteric supplements, I trust nootropicsdepot more than anyone on Amazon, so I'm gonna mention them since they have some high quality curucumin extracts available. I'll be picking them up for sure.

Digestive enzymes and betaine HCL with pepsin: Again, it's in the name. Digestive enzymes? That shit has to be super good for digestion. Betaine HCL with Pepsin, I have actually taken before when I was much younger. It cured my indigestion and I was quite impressed, but I never actually bought more. People on Reddit who have actually have success recommend the stone breaker tea in the morning, and the enzymes+pepsin taken before every meal. I personally would like very much to digest my fish oil again instead of dumping it into my toilet bowl.

Ox Bile: Gonna be honest, I don't know if this is totally necessary with UDCA/TUDCA since those are already bile salts. Use at your discretion, it comes up a lot so I had to mention it.

Magnesium Malate: Magnesium and zinc are good for the gallbladder. To be honest, if you're not already supplementing one or both of these, I have to wonder if you're responsible enough to be using peptides at all. I recommend malate, because I heard through a little birdy that malic acid is also good for stone dissolution and this seems like a good way to kill two paraquets with one cholesterol stone.



Oxytocin: This is a fun one and it's actually been super beneficial in my routine. Oxytocin is known for two things: Making you poop, and causing headaches. It excels at both of these tasks. In-fact, I have a headache right now. I was curious and I looked up the mechanism and found out that oxytocin causes contractions in the gallbladder that help push out bile acids.

My routine currently is as follows: Wake up, go make a hot toddy with honey, ginger, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper (surprisingly good). Then I chug down some psilium husk, and I chase it with 500mg tudca and a few grams of taurine while sipping the warm mixture. Then I have a few prunes and drink a shit load of olive oil. Then as I'm nearing the end of my drink, I blast 200-500mcg of oxytocin. After about ten minutes, the gall bladder starts dumping and I have a BM.

Today is day 3 of this routine, and I actually haven't pooped yet today because the gallbladder is getting better. Poops are looking slightly more normal, and I'm actually doing the routine for a second time right now after i had my dinner (7pm here). I'm going to add all of the above in next month and try to actually dissolve the stones and keep them dissolved moving forward. Thank God I'm unemployed and had the time to figure all of this out because the surgery is wildly expensive and good luck getting one immediately if it isn't like threatening or you don't have 10k sitting around.

Birdwhacker out!

Edit: Big update everyone, I managed to digest all of my food today and my poop was solid and somewhat brown for the first time in weeks. There is hope after all.
I still haven't given Taurine a shot, though it seems like it might "assist" with losing weight... 🙂

What makes you rule out the pancreas? Something at the 1 o'clock spot points more toward that than the gallbladder, which is located around noon or 11 (upper right). I've got acute pancreatitis myself, including ER visits for it and scans that confirmed the diagnosis. On top of that, there are anecdotal reports of pancreatitis problems being set off by certain GLP1's, so that could be a connection worth considering.

None of this really alters your post or what you went through, I just figured I'd bring it up. pancreas/bladder... sort of symaptics for what youre talking about with bile, Tudca, BM's etc.

Good luck, its painful and annoying shit! (pun intended)
Lol yeah, fair enough.

As far as how I'm functioning, things have improved a lot just by being consistent with breakfast and the TUDCA. The attacks and random aches have stopped, and some of my droppings are firmer.

Two things in my lifestyle that were causing major problems were nicotine and too much copper. I also suspect that reducing my reta dose played a part – obviously, that wasn't the only reason I lowered it. Staying a skinny queen matters more than organ failure!
 
solid write-up, man. if some weird ache starts up around where the gallbladder sits, i'm running straight back to this thread
 
After my mother opted for surgery to shed weight, she ended up back in the operating room not long into her recovery—her gallbladder had given out. Gallbladder failure can result from any substantial weight loss, and if ignored, any organ failure has the potential to be deadly. I realize this doesn't match your exact circumstances, and I truly hope the mixture of remedies you're using brings you real relief, but situations can deteriorate, and I don't want anyone to lose their life simply because they chose not to have a routine operation.

Wishing you the best, and I'm cheering you on.
 
Great call bringing up 'stone breaker'! Last year I put together a tincture from it, plus a tincture made with fresh organic turmeric and black pepper, and around 2 dozen more on top of that. This kind of thing is right up my alley. They really can be powerful and effective in a legitimate way.
 
amosmylove said:

Great call bringing up 'stone breaker'! Last year I put together a tincture from it, plus a tincture made with fresh organic turmeric and black pepper, and around 2 dozen more on top of that. This kind of thing is right up my alley. They really can be powerful and effective in a legitimate way.
I recently began taking chanca piedra, and since then I've barely felt any discomfort. Every now and then I still notice something in that area
 
Back
Top