GLP1, TRT and ?WATER?

Justatechdude

Explorer
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
US
I get that "hydrate" is the standard advice, and I'm following it, but I want to know what everyone else's actual intake looks like.

My daily total of water plus milk usually lands somewhere in the 140 - 180oz range. Water makes up the bulk of it, with protein shakes accounting for the rest. It seems like a lot - yet my thirst really is that strong.

One upside: my hematocrit dropped from 51 down to 48.
 
Justatechdude said:

I get that "hydrate" is the standard advice, and I'm following it, but I want to know what everyone else's actual intake looks like.

My daily total of water plus milk usually lands somewhere in the 140 - 180oz range. Water makes up the bulk of it, with protein shakes accounting for the rest. It seems like a lot - yet my thirst really is that strong.

One upside: my hematocrit dropped from 51 down to 48.
I admire your self-control. Getting even 80-something ounces down is a struggle for me, and when I do, my urine comes out darker.
 
Yep, staying hydrated is solid for keeping everything functioning properly. My wife can't stand the stuff, but I've always got a glass within reach. I never bother tracking it—I just sip throughout the day.

Fingers crossed that Reta brings my hemp ratio down when I get my labs done next week.
 
I used to consume a large amount of water too. I felt thirsty as well. After beginning trt, my thirst decreased, and I no longer drink as much water (perhaps 100 oz). Trt got rid of much of my thirst. I don't know the reason.
 
Shittersfull said:

I used to consume a large amount of water too. I felt thirsty as well. After beginning trt, my thirst decreased, and I no longer drink as much water (perhaps 100 oz). Trt got rid of much of my thirst. I don't know the reason.
Wow, Tirz has me incredibly thirsty — I'm sipping water from morning through the night. Perhaps adding trt would be the fix for this constant thirst. 😂 I put away roughly a gallon, sometimes a bit beyond that, each day, but honestly the sheer number of bathroom trips gets pretty draining. 😒
 
I

yaggemr said:

Shittersfull said:

I used to consume a large amount of water too. I felt thirsty as well. After beginning trt, my thirst decreased, and I no longer drink as much water (perhaps 100 oz). Trt got rid of much of my thirst. I don't know the reason.
Wow, Tirz has me incredibly thirsty — I'm sipping water from morning through the night. Perhaps adding trt would be the fix for this constant thirst. 😂 I put away roughly a gallon, sometimes a bit beyond that, each day, but honestly the sheer number of bathroom trips gets pretty draining. 😒
Whether this happens often with trt is something I can't say.
 
No problem at all. I'm not going to pin you down on that. 👍

Shittersfull said:

I

yaggemr said:

Shittersfull said:

I used to consume a large amount of water too. I felt thirsty as well. After beginning trt, my thirst decreased, and I no longer drink as much water (perhaps 100 oz). Trt got rid of much of my thirst. I don't know the reason.
Wow, Tirz has me incredibly thirsty — I'm sipping water from morning through the night. Perhaps adding trt would be the fix for this constant thirst. 😂 I put away roughly a gallon, sometimes a bit beyond that, each day, but honestly the sheer number of bathroom trips gets pretty draining. 😒
Whether this happens often with trt is something I can't say.
 
Shittersfull said:

I

yaggemr said:

Shittersfull said:

I used to consume a large amount of water too. I felt thirsty as well. After beginning trt, my thirst decreased, and I no longer drink as much water (perhaps 100 oz). Trt got rid of much of my thirst. I don't know the reason.
Wow, Tirz has me incredibly thirsty — I'm sipping water from morning through the night. Perhaps adding trt would be the fix for this constant thirst. 😂 I put away roughly a gallon, sometimes a bit beyond that, each day, but honestly the sheer number of bathroom trips gets pretty draining. 😒
Whether this happens often with trt is something I can't say.
I take TRT and I really enjoy water, though it's impossible to say for anyone else since everyone's different.
 
Redz said:

Shittersfull said:

I

yaggemr said:

Shittersfull said:

I used to consume a large amount of water too. I felt thirsty as well. After beginning trt, my thirst decreased, and I no longer drink as much water (perhaps 100 oz). Trt got rid of much of my thirst. I don't know the reason.
Wow, Tirz has me incredibly thirsty — I'm sipping water from morning through the night. Perhaps adding trt would be the fix for this constant thirst. 😂 I put away roughly a gallon, sometimes a bit beyond that, each day, but honestly the sheer number of bathroom trips gets pretty draining. 😒
Whether this happens often with trt is something I can't say.
I take TRT and I really enjoy water, though it's impossible to say for anyone else since everyone's different.
I get the sense that I'm in the minority here.
 
Justatechdude said:

I get that "hydrate" is the standard advice, and I'm following it, but I want to know what everyone else's actual intake looks like.

My daily total of water plus milk usually lands somewhere in the 140 - 180oz range. Water makes up the bulk of it, with protein shakes accounting for the rest. It seems like a lot - yet my thirst really is that strong.

One upside: my hematocrit dropped from 51 down to 48.

Wow, those are some serious fluid volumes! Do you find yourself running to the bathroom constantly?

If you're putting away that much milk and water and you're still feeling parched, it makes me think there might be another factor at play.
 
Grogu said:

Justatechdude said:

I get that "hydrate" is the standard advice, and I'm following it, but I want to know what everyone else's actual intake looks like.

My daily total of water plus milk usually lands somewhere in the 140 - 180oz range. Water makes up the bulk of it, with protein shakes accounting for the rest. It seems like a lot - yet my thirst really is that strong.

One upside: my hematocrit dropped from 51 down to 48.

Wow, those are some serious fluid volumes! Do you find yourself running to the bathroom constantly?

If you're putting away that much milk and water and you're still feeling parched, it makes me think there might be another factor at play.

I’m urinating constantly throughout the day, and usually get up 1-2x during the night.

Honestly, it wears me out.
 
Justatechdude said:

I get that "hydrate" is the standard advice, and I'm following it, but I want to know what everyone else's actual intake looks like.

My daily total of water plus milk usually lands somewhere in the 140 - 180oz range. Water makes up the bulk of it, with protein shakes accounting for the rest. It seems like a lot - yet my thirst really is that strong.

One upside: my hematocrit dropped from 51 down to 48.
Honestly, I doubt I could reach that level even after counting my coffee and protein shakes toward my water intake. You're definitely well hydrated—credit to you. 👏
 
Have you given electrolytes a shot a few times each week? That seemed to do the trick for me. My goal is 64oz daily. That said, my thirst dropped off right around when I started trt, and now the person who posted above has me wondering too lol.
 
alexb510 said:

Have you given electrolytes a shot a few times each week? That seemed to do the trick for me. My goal is 64oz daily. That said, my thirst dropped off right around when I started trt, and now the person who posted above has me wondering too lol.
Yeah, every second 24oz water bottle gets a mix added.

My aim is roughly a gallon per day. What caught me off guard was noticing I've crept up to about 140oz of water plus 24oz of milk. Curious whether anyone else is putting away that much, since I keep seeing "drink lot

64 seems low
 
Every day I take in roughly a gallon of water, and that's separate from coffee and my protein shake. It sounds like it shouldn't make sense, but drinking more water actually leads to less bloating, both in how you feel and how you look.

When your water intake is too low, the body goes into a panic state and retains whatever it can, which is what produces that bloated, waterlogged sensation. Once you're taking in enough — usually about a gallon, though it varies with body size — everything gets flushed through and you get a metabolism boost as a result. On the days I hit my target, I consistently feel and appear leaner compared to the days I fall short.

Give it a shot and let me know what happens — the results might catch you off guard.
 
Justatechdude said:

alexb510 said:

Have you given electrolytes a shot a few times each week? That seemed to do the trick for me. My goal is 64oz daily. That said, my thirst dropped off right around when I started trt, and now the person who posted above has me wondering too lol.
Yeah, every second 24oz water bottle gets a mix added.

My aim is roughly a gallon per day. What caught me off guard was noticing I've crept up to about 140oz of water plus 24oz of milk. Curious whether anyone else is putting away that much, since I keep seeing "drink lot

64 seems low
Honestly, my usual half gallon each day tends to do the job. Recently though, I've bumped it up slightly—around 20oz more. At 5'4", I'm not sure whether my size changes how much I ought to be taking in; my guess is that bigger folks require more water.
 
Nope, that's not something I do. My main focus is doing whatever I can to keep hematocrit from rising while I'm on TRT.
 
Back
Top