GLP Announcement / Advertisement at Grocery Store

DragonOfTheSea

Explorer
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, I was just grabbing groceries at a big (Ralphs/Kroger) supermarket, (a chain if you’re unfamiliar that doesn’t include pharmacies), and through the loudspeaker I heard a commercial “On GLP medication? Let our nutritionists help guide and support your dietary needs… etc etc bla bla bla”.

I mean, I realize GLPs have become pretty popular now, but this genuinely changed my view a bit regarding how socially accepted they are becoming.

Has anyone else come across ads in a spot that caught you off guard??
 
Sickening. It's everywhere or getting there.

Time for a lie down and a GLP-supporting nap.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

Wow, I was just grabbing groceries at a big (Ralphs/Kroger) supermarket, (a chain if you’re unfamiliar that doesn’t include pharmacies), and through the loudspeaker I heard a commercial “On GLP medication? Let our nutritionists help guide and support your dietary needs… etc etc bla bla bla”.

I mean, I realize GLPs have become pretty popular now, but this genuinely changed my view a bit regarding how socially accepted they are becoming.

Has anyone else come across ads in a spot that caught you off guard??
No, I haven't run into that. That said, some camouflage probably exists, since these medications are also indicated for diabetes. And before long, or already, they're being used for just about every other condition too.

On top of that, the situation in the United States is still that 1 of 8 adults are currently taking a GLP drug, while roughly 1 in every 5 or 6 adults has been on one at some point.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

Wow, I was just grabbing groceries at a big (Ralphs/Kroger) supermarket, (a chain if you’re unfamiliar that doesn’t include pharmacies), and through the loudspeaker I heard a commercial “On GLP medication? Let our nutritionists help guide and support your dietary needs… etc etc bla bla bla”.

I mean, I realize GLPs have become pretty popular now, but this genuinely changed my view a bit regarding how socially accepted they are becoming.

Has anyone else come across ads in a spot that caught you off guard??
Just on TV.
 
Across every form of media, GLP advertisements have taken the top spot, pushing boner pills down a notch. Honestly, they don't really get under my skin, though they do make me stop and wonder: Where Are We Going to Get Enough Quality BAC Water and what’s it going to cost?!?! 🤪

And before Calm Logic chimes in with his Margarita-mixer-saltwater solution, I mean genuine BAC, for genuine men and women in the Greater Research (sucker-free) Community!
 
Calm Logic said:

Sickening. It's everywhere or getting there.

Time for a lie down and a GLP-supporting nap.
I don't really have a problem with it. To me, it seems like just about everyone SHOULD be thinking about GLP-1's as an option. That said, I'd like to hear why you object, since you OFTEN see things from an angle I hadn't thought of, and then later I end up agreeing with you.

PS--I wanted to send you a video of my drum, but your DM's are turned off and that made me sad! I figure it's probably because everyone and their mother DM'd you asking for GB links.
 
My concern is these cocky youngsters going wild with needles. They begin at 1 dose, then go straight to a bigger dose since the scale didn't drop 10lbs/week. I'm familiar with a handful of such people, or I spot them on various sites.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Calm Logic said:

Sickening. It's everywhere or getting there.

Time for a lie down and a GLP-supporting nap.
I don't really have a problem with it. To me, it seems like just about everyone SHOULD be thinking about GLP-1's as an option. That said, I'd like to hear why you object, since you OFTEN see things from an angle I hadn't thought of, and then later I end up agreeing with you.

PS--I wanted to send you a video of my drum, but your DM's are turned off and that made me sad! I figure it's probably because everyone and their mother DM'd you asking for GB links.

Drawbacks include:

What does a 'GLP-1 Friendly' diet look like? We asked nutritionists





0ecee790efcca4d0439d1f7a713ac5af73f729ea45191266820aaf9345cb87b9.webp


Click to expand...
 
Calm Logic said:

randompersonrandom said:

Calm Logic said:

Sickening. It's everywhere or getting there.

Time for a lie down and a GLP-supporting nap.
I don't really have a problem with it. To me, it seems like just about everyone SHOULD be thinking about GLP-1's as an option. That said, I'd like to hear why you object, since you OFTEN see things from an angle I hadn't thought of, and then later I end up agreeing with you.

PS--I wanted to send you a video of my drum, but your DM's are turned off and that made me sad! I figure it's probably because everyone and their mother DM'd you asking for GB links.

Drawbacks include:

Ah, now it makes sense—it's that same play where a particular product gets pushed as the ideal choice for people taking GLP-1s, even though GLP-1s are supposed to let you keep a normal relationship with food and eat the way anyone would who doesn't have special foods pitched at them. But they'll do it anyway, because profit.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

Wow, I was just grabbing groceries at a big (Ralphs/Kroger) supermarket, (a chain if you’re unfamiliar that doesn’t include pharmacies), and through the loudspeaker I heard a commercial “On GLP medication? Let our nutritionists help guide and support your dietary needs… etc etc bla bla bla”.

I mean, I realize GLPs have become pretty popular now, but this genuinely changed my view a bit regarding how socially accepted they are becoming.

Has anyone else come across ads in a spot that caught you off guard??
All over the place. These days I keep hearing microdosing is what everyone's into. Drop 10 to 15lbs ahead of the wedding.... i aint micro shit, im pinnin gorilla doses lol....
 
Airborne Daddy said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Wow, I was just grabbing groceries at a big (Ralphs/Kroger) supermarket, (a chain if you’re unfamiliar that doesn’t include pharmacies), and through the loudspeaker I heard a commercial “On GLP medication? Let our nutritionists help guide and support your dietary needs… etc etc bla bla bla”.

I mean, I realize GLPs have become pretty popular now, but this genuinely changed my view a bit regarding how socially accepted they are becoming.

Has anyone else come across ads in a spot that caught you off guard??
All over the place. These days I keep hearing microdosing is what everyone's into. Drop 10 to 15lbs ahead of the wedding.... i aint micro shit, im pinnin gorilla doses lol....
I notice this happening frequently in this community as well, and it baffles me. My own approach was to begin with 2mg and gradually increase step by step, and at this point I'm on 8mg of Reta.
 
BNLFL said:

My concern is these cocky youngsters going wild with needles. They begin at 1 dose, then go straight to a bigger dose since the scale didn't drop 10lbs/week. I'm familiar with a handful of such people, or I spot them on various sites.

Absolutely. Only 2 days back, a client of mine at work was bragging to his pal — using the most stereotypical bro tone you could think of — "Yeah dude, it wasn't doing a thing, so I shot the entire pen into my leg. When I yanked it out, stuff was spraying everywhere, so I shoved it right back in, haha. Now I can actually feel it kicking in." From what I gather, it was an injector pen loaded with Reta that he'd picked up somewhere.

🤦‍♂️ SMH

randompersonrandom said:

Calm Logic said:

randompersonrandom said:

Calm Logic said:

Sickening. It's everywhere or getting there.

Time for a lie down and a GLP-supporting nap.
I don't really have a problem with it. To me, it seems like just about everyone SHOULD be thinking about GLP-1's as an option. That said, I'd like to hear why you object, since you OFTEN see things from an angle I hadn't thought of, and then later I end up agreeing with you.

PS--I wanted to send you a video of my drum, but your DM's are turned off and that made me sad! I figure it's probably because everyone and their mother DM'd you asking for GB links.

Drawbacks include:

Ah, now it makes sense—it's that same play where a particular product gets pushed as the ideal choice for people taking GLP-1s, even though GLP-1s are supposed to let you keep a normal relationship with food and eat the way anyone would who doesn't have special foods pitched at them. But they'll do it anyway, because profit.

Yep, those GLP-1 friendly food labels are over the top 🙄 but everything has to get a label for marketing/advertising purposes!

Airborne Daddy said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Wow, I was just grabbing groceries at a big (Ralphs/Kroger) supermarket, (a chain if you’re unfamiliar that doesn’t include pharmacies), and through the loudspeaker I heard a commercial “On GLP medication? Let our nutritionists help guide and support your dietary needs… etc etc bla bla bla”.

I mean, I realize GLPs have become pretty popular now, but this genuinely changed my view a bit regarding how socially accepted they are becoming.

Has anyone else come across ads in a spot that caught you off guard??
All over the place. These days I keep hearing microdosing is what everyone's into. Drop 10 to 15lbs ahead of the wedding.... i aint micro shit, im pinnin gorilla doses lol....

Dude, any excuse to push the drugs @ 100x markup!
 
Airborne Daddy said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Wow, I was just grabbing groceries at a big (Ralphs/Kroger) supermarket, (a chain if you’re unfamiliar that doesn’t include pharmacies), and through the loudspeaker I heard a commercial “On GLP medication? Let our nutritionists help guide and support your dietary needs… etc etc bla bla bla”.

I mean, I realize GLPs have become pretty popular now, but this genuinely changed my view a bit regarding how socially accepted they are becoming.

Has anyone else come across ads in a spot that caught you off guard??
All over the place. These days I keep hearing microdosing is what everyone's into. Drop 10 to 15lbs ahead of the wedding.... i aint micro shit, im pinnin gorilla doses lol....
I assist a handful of research subjects, and 1 of them fits this pattern. He had to drop 15lbs within 6 weeks for a Physical/Fitness Test, so he could avoid being placed on the "fat guy program." He's a healthy young man, though his job keeps him very sedentary.

With a very low dose of Tirz, he reached his target weight earlier than planned.

At this point we're working out a maintenance dose. Following the Eli Lilly study, we chose to dose the same amount of Tirz every 14 days. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for him.
 
Back
Top