GLP 1 weight loss and skin tightening with GHK CU

WLBLD said:

CNCCurrency said:

teetee07 said:

I know that loose skin can turn into a problem for certain people while they are losing weight. From what I have looked into, I have come across claims and heard people say that putting GHK CU into their routine has contributed to firmer skin. Has anyone in this community seen anything like that themselves? Would GHK CU be something worth exploring for skin concerns? Any input would be great. Thanks folks 🙂
My weight loss journey began 6 months back, and I've incorporated ghk throughout that entire period. I've dropped 88lbs without any sagging skin. So I do believe it's effective.
Are you doing this as a daily injection?

Indeed, each morning.
 
CNCCurrency said:


Yes every morning

Click to expand...
I really wish this could be done just once a week. Daily needles are something I'm not sure I can handle. I'm a total wimp, ha ha. Does this one sting?
 
WLBLD said:


I wish it could be weekly, I don't know if I can deal with daily needles. I'm such a baby, ha ha. Is it one that burns?

Click to expand...
For me there's no burning sensation whatsoever, though plenty of others report that theirs stings. I can't explain the difference.
 
retarequired said:


Mine doesn't burn at all but I've seen a lot of people say theirs does, not sure why.

Click to expand...
Everyone keeps telling me it stings, so I'm holding off for now, ha ha. I really wish I could, since I keep coming across such incredible benefits!!
 
WLBLD said:


I keep hearing everyone says it does so Im not ready for that yet, ha ha. I wish bc I keep reading such Amazing things too!!

Click to expand...
As I mentioned, for me there's absolutely no effect, so trying it could be worthwhile! Plus, pens can seem less scary, and the needles are thinner as well.
 
retarequired said:


I mean like I said, mine doesn't at all, you could give it a shot! Also, pens might be less intimidating, the needles go thinner too

Click to expand...
Absolutely, pens are a lifesaver. I'm a big fan of mine!! 🙂
 
WLBLD said:


I keep hearing everyone says it does so Im not ready for that yet, ha ha. I wish bc I keep reading such Amazing things too!!

Click to expand...

60 yrs old. Dropped 40 lbs on Tirz. Loose skin at the neck.

Started GHK-Cu. Accidentally at 1mg every morning (meant to be .5 for the first few days, but I fumbled the online calculator!).

I double-diluted the GHK. 3ml into the 100mg vial. Pulled half out, loaded it into an auto-pen, then added another 1.5ml. I picked 32ga needles, 8mm long, to sit a bit deeper (had read that the more dilute, and the deeper the shot, the less the pain).

Zero pain after every injection so far! Literally nothing.

Also doing GHK-Cu cream on the face nightly after a good cleanse, plus micro-needling. Skin feels noticeably better at day 4 from the topical. Too soon to judge the injectable GHK.

Side note: the auto-pen is convenient enough that I may switch to one for the weekly Tirz too. Setting it up the first time is a PITA (hence my accidental double dose), but it's super handy at shot time. 15 sec vs 3 minutes.

Side note 2: Don't buy your autopen from Amazon. They're literally 1/3 the price from sources mentioned all over this website.
 
deluge said:


60 yrs old. Lost 40 lbs on Tirz. Loose skin on neck.

I've started GHK-Cu. Accidentally at 1mg dose every morning (meant to do .5 the first few days but made a mistake with the online calculator!).

I double-diluted the GHK. 3ml into the vial of 100mg. Pulled out half, put into an auto-pen, and added another 1.5ml. I chose 32ga needles, 8mm long, to get a bit deeper (had read the more dilute, and deeper the injection the less the pain).

So far zero pain after each injection! Literally nothing.

Doing GHK-Cu cream on the face every night after a good cleaning and micro-needling as well. Skin feels noticeably better at day 4 from the topical. Too soon to tell on the injectable GHK.

Side note: the auto-pen is so convenient I may switch to one for the weekly Tirz as well. It's a PITA to set up the first time (hence my accidental double dose), but super-convenient when it's shot time. 15 sec vs 3 minutes.

Site note 2: Don't buy your autopen from Amazon. They are literally 1/3 the price from sources mentioned all over this website.

Click to expand...

These are the steps I use, and the outcome has been excellent

GHK-CU: 100MG IN 3ML VIAL

RECONSTITUTION


Add 2.5mL (250 units) of BAC water

DOSING

3 – 6 units (1-2mg), 1x/day, 7 days/week. Begin with the smallest amount and work upward over time as required to keep the benefits going.
 
CNCCurrency said:


I follow this with amazing results

GHK-CU: 100MG IN 3ML VIAL

RECONSTITUTION


Mix with 2.5mL (250 units) of BAC water

DOSING

3 – 6 units (1-2mg), 1x/day, 7 days/week. Start at lowest dose and gradually increase as needed to sustain benefits.

Click to expand...
What I'm doing is basically that. The only difference is that I diluted it once more before loading it into an auto pen, trying to cut down on the stinging that I'd read GHK-Cu can cause. It appears to have done the trick — no discomfort whatsoever, with SubQ injections into the abdomen.

Could your numbers be off? With a 2.5ml reconstitution, 2.5 units would equal 1mg and 5 units would equal 2mg, right? Since I used 3ml, mine comes out slightly different.
 
WriteYourWay said:

Alikron13 said:

I'm close to finishing my initial 2 month run of GHK-Cu. As far as tightening skin goes, I can't say much yet — I'd already dropped roughly 55 lbs by the time I learned about it, and I'm now around 72.

However, there is one change I've picked up on: I have a genetic condition, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, which impacts connective tissue and collagen in the body. My fingernails have always been super brittle. They break apart very easily, so I trim them as near to the quick as possible; otherwise they'll crack lengthwise down INTO the nail bed, which is miserable. Here's what happened: roughly 2 weeks after starting the cycle, I realized my nails felt tougher. I'd neglected to trim them and they weren't breaking! Since then just 1 split has happened, from hitting my finger against something hard.

I still keep my nails fairly short, and they're not at the strength of someone without EDS, but compared with before I began GHK-Cu they are WAY improved.

That's what I've got so far.
EDS is something I deal with as well. I'm eager to see my nails get better! They were in decent shape before, but after reaching my late 30s, ridges have appeared.
Here's another person with EDS. About 6 weeks into KLOW, my nails haven't gotten any stronger and the ridges on my thumbs remain, but their growth rate has become extremely fast. I'm curious whether strength will improve once that new growth makes it to my fingertips.
 
WriteYourWay said:

Honestly, finding out about GHK-Cu earlier would have been great. This marks my 2nd time dropping over 100 lbs, and the skin under my chin is really sagging. Being 39 makes it feel awful, particularly since the rest of my face is firm. I'm going to order some and come back to this sub with an update if things get better.
If that kind of thing appeals to you, I've been getting botox injected into the platysmal bands. I'm just a few weeks away from turning 48, and I've dropped 135.

deluge said:


Doing GHK-Cu cream on the face every night after a good cleaning and micro-needling as well. Skin feels noticeably better at day 4 from the topical. Too soon to tell on the injectable GHK.

Click to expand...
My approach to the neck skin has been botox for the platysmal bands, which has made a difference, though I realize it's only a temporary fix. Which topical product has been giving you positive results?
 
domin8brix said:


I have been attacking the neck skin with platysmal band botox, and that's helped, but I know it won't last forever. What topical are you seeing good results from?

Click to expand...


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DRZ3P2SR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title



https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YL4J43N?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1


These are the roller and product I picked up and currently use. I can't say these are better than anything else out there, but the results have made me happy. I use them after a hot shower and facial scrub, followed by the .2mm micro needle roller. Forehead, temples, under eyes, neck down onto the chest.

That said, I'm not sure how much of the outcome comes from the cream versus the Nexaph lyophilized peptide I take (2mg/daily).
 
deluge said:


this is the product and roller I bought and am using. I have no reason to recommend these over any other products available, but I'm definitely happy with the results. Applying this after a hot shower, facial scrub, and then the .2mm micro needle roller. Forehead, temples, under eyes, neck down onto the chest.

I don't know how much the results are from the lyophilized I'm using (2mg/daily), or the cream, however.

Click to expand...
Appreciate it! Through somewhere I'm evidently not allowed to mention, I came across several choices, though my guess is they aren't wildly unlike whatever else you can buy on the market. I'll take a look at this! Rollers are something I already own a few of, but my use of them is pretty sporadic. Also sitting around here is a pile of growth factor products and topical peptides, and while I'm aware copper is in 1 of them, the percentage it contains is a total mystery to me.
 
deluge said:


Is there an error in your numbers? 2.5 units would be 1mg, 5 units would be 2mg, if you reconstituted with 2.5ml? I reconstituted with 3ml so mine is just a tad different.

Click to expand...
I'd say you're right about that?
 
Alikron13 said:

I'm close to finishing my initial 2 month run of GHK-Cu. As far as tightening skin goes, I can't say much yet — I'd already dropped roughly 55 lbs by the time I learned about it, and I'm now around 72.

However, there is one change I've picked up on: I have a genetic condition, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, which impacts connective tissue and collagen in the body. My fingernails have always been super brittle. They break apart very easily, so I trim them as near to the quick as possible; otherwise they'll crack lengthwise down INTO the nail bed, which is miserable. Here's what happened: roughly 2 weeks after starting the cycle, I realized my nails felt tougher. I'd neglected to trim them and they weren't breaking! Since then just 1 split has happened, from hitting my finger against something hard.

I still keep my nails fairly short, and they're not at the strength of someone without EDS, but compared with before I began GHK-Cu they are WAY improved.

That's what I've got so far.
Since I also have hEDS, I've been approaching all of this skeptically — defective collagen isn't something that can be repaired. Still, I'm holding onto hope. My time on ghkcu has passed the 1-month mark, and my acne and complexion have gotten better, which alone makes me a fan.

As for bpc, it has clearly helped with my inflamation, neuropathy, tendonitis, and torn MCL problems. So even though my collagen remains unfixed, there's no doubt that something beneficial is taking place.
 
deluge said:


Applying this after a hot shower, facial scrub, and then the .2mm micro needle roller. Forehead, temples, under eyes, neck down onto the chest.

Click to expand...
From what I've come across, daily microneedling is discouraged since your skin needs time to heal — otherwise it ends up causing more harm than benefit... Not sure if you were saying daily, though.
 
I'm down roughly 40lbs, and GHK-Cu has been part of my routine for the bulk of that time. My skin is unquestionably saggy — though honestly, my skin has never been great. Even during pregnancies I didn't get stretch marks, but it's always been on the thin side, and cellulite has been with me since my teens, back when I wasn't carrying extra weight at all. Being in my mid-40's probably plays into it as well; I figure things would look different if I were still in my 20's or 30's.

Lately I've gotten more committed to firming things up and have dipped into the DIY aesthetics world — ordering products from Korean websites, doing microneedling, and applying collagen-building topicals alongside mesotherapy. Injections still make me nervous, but after you've already started pinning peptides, what's a few more needles?

No visible payoff yet, since this kind of thing takes months to show anything, but I'm working on my stomach, thighs and arms. Around the 6 month mark I should have a better idea whether it's actually doing anything...
 
CariocaLeftSeoul said:


Everything I've read said not to microneedle daily because you need to wait for your skin to recover otherwise you're doing more bad than good... Unsure if you meant daily thoguh.

Click to expand...
The idea of not needling every day was completely new to me.

As it happens, I don't shower more than every other day anyway, which means the scrub/needle/cream routine happens no more than 2-3x per week
 
deluge said:


I had never heard that about not needling daily.

Conveniently enough, I only shower at best every other day, so at most I'm doing the scrub/needle/cream regimen 2-3x a week

Click to expand...
If you want to check it out, there's an entire subreddit dedicated to microneedling. Though it depends on how deep you go, from what I understand at 0.2—the size you're working with—once per week should be the ceiling, so that your body gets time to recover (and produce the collagen you want). Daily use is only possible with "nano" needles, and those are available in pens rather than rollers.
 
lessthanhalf said:

After dropping 79kg I'm left with a great deal of sagging skin, so clearly the reason must be that I never took Glow as a preventive measure. (Honestly, I'm glad to be dealing with this particular issue.)

From everything I've come across or grasp about human physiology, a peptide simply isn't capable of changing this. The bands of elastin and collagen fibrous tissue running through the subcutaneous fat, which anchor skin to the tissues beneath, have been stretched out over a long period. Any of them still holding tension will contract in size after weight comes off, but once they've lengthened I simply can't accept that they'll remodel. It's not impossible that localized treatments might do something, yet achieving uniform results with them would likely be unachievable.

If peptides were driving connective tissue growth on that scale (throughout the entire body beneath the skin, and enough to firm up sagging skin), I'd be deeply concerned about them spurring fibrous tissue growth in other places too, such as the heart, lungs or kidneys, leading to severe organ dysfunction.

Naturally, absent an enormous clinical trial there's no way to ever know whether it worked. If you reach the end without loose skin, it will appear as though it worked. I'd be genuinely astonished if you could placebo-effect your way into subcutaneous tissue remodeling.
I always find your contributions insightful.
 
Back
Top