GLP-1 freezer question

Travllr

Explorer
Joined
Jun 20, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Oregon
I've come across a lot of threads where folks put their dry peptides into insulated containers before placing them in the freezer. What does that actually get you compared to simply leaving the kits in the freezer as they are? Assuming the vials stay sealed, I wouldn't expect moisture to get in. I've attempted to dig through other threads, but freezers and freezing come up so often that I can't locate anything useful.
 
Some folks treat this like a belief system, and no amount of evidence will sway them — not even when the science isn't there.

Freezing isn't really necessary at all, unless your plan is multi-year storage, and even that point is open to argument.

There's a Janoshik video where he mentions leaving 100K worth of HGH sitting in his garage for 10 years, forgetting about it, then getting it tested — no degradation at all.
 
Travllr said:

I've come across a lot of threads where folks put their dry peptides into insulated containers before placing them in the freezer. What does that actually get you compared to simply leaving the kits in the freezer as they are? Assuming the vials stay sealed, I wouldn't expect moisture to get in. I've attempted to dig through other threads, but freezers and freezing come up so often that I can't locate anything useful.
In my view, the main point is shielding the peptides from temperature swings caused by the defrost cycles that today's refrigerators run. My setup is simple: a chest freezer that doesn't auto-defrost, and each kit sits inside a zip lock bag along with a silica gel packet. No special equipment.
 
Travllr said:

I've come across a lot of threads where folks put their dry peptides into insulated containers before placing them in the freezer. What does that actually get you compared to simply leaving the kits in the freezer as they are? Assuming the vials stay sealed, I wouldn't expect moisture to get in. I've attempted to dig through other threads, but freezers and freezing come up so often that I can't locate anything useful.
Insulated containers become useful when your freezer runs a "frost free" cycle — the setup found in the majority of home fridge-freezer combos. During those cycles, the temperature climbs (figures as high as 20 degrees F have been reported) so that built-up frost can melt, and only afterward does it return to normal freezing levels. That repeated warming and cooling can break down peptides. Keeping them inside an insulated container lets their temperature hold steady while the cycle runs.

With a deep freeze, there's no problem. Skipping the insulated containers might still work out, but adding a bit of risk-management costs nothing.

I also drop a few of these into the containers to deal with moisture: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S45Z2FK
 
We picked up those insulated storage boxes that come with a silicone mold designed for 3ml vials. They work great for us, and I don't expect any problems with temperature changes or the vials getting broken.
 
Tirzmonkey said:

Travllr said:

I've come across a lot of threads where folks put their dry peptides into insulated containers before placing them in the freezer. What does that actually get you compared to simply leaving the kits in the freezer as they are? Assuming the vials stay sealed, I wouldn't expect moisture to get in. I've attempted to dig through other threads, but freezers and freezing come up so often that I can't locate anything useful.
In my view, the main point is shielding the peptides from temperature swings caused by the defrost cycles that today's refrigerators run. My setup is simple: a chest freezer that doesn't auto-defrost, and each kit sits inside a zip lock bag along with a silica gel packet. No special equipment.
This, exactly.

And it isn't only about the defrost cycle. Where I live out in the country, the power goes out a handful of times each year. It's never off for longer than a few hours, but it still happens.

On top of that, I completely agree that there's no real need to freeze them. Count me among those who figure it "can only help"...





687e05986e984d8aed76864c6e7bca0d27e9b336e17c79b9ad926de3bfa9e652.webp
 
deluge said:

Tirzmonkey said:

Travllr said:

I've come across a lot of threads where folks put their dry peptides into insulated containers before placing them in the freezer. What does that actually get you compared to simply leaving the kits in the freezer as they are? Assuming the vials stay sealed, I wouldn't expect moisture to get in. I've attempted to dig through other threads, but freezers and freezing come up so often that I can't locate anything useful.
In my view, the main point is shielding the peptides from temperature swings caused by the defrost cycles that today's refrigerators run. My setup is simple: a chest freezer that doesn't auto-defrost, and each kit sits inside a zip lock bag along with a silica gel packet. No special equipment.
This, exactly.

And it isn't only about the defrost cycle. Where I live out in the country, the power goes out a handful of times each year. It's never off for longer than a few hours, but it still happens.

On top of that, I completely agree that there's no real need to freeze them. Count me among those who figure it "can only help"...





View attachment 10967
Count me in the group that figures it "can only help"...and honestly, if the only thing in question were peptides that hold up well, such as Tirz, my worry level would be lower...but yesterday a handful of different peptides went into the deep freeze, and from here on I'll be watching for a fuller list covering peptide freezing tests and their results (assuming such a list ever shows up)...Tirz handles freezing fine, yet some other peptide doesn't? No idea...Still, until then I'm staying with the "can only help" or "can't hurt" crowd.... 👍
 
In my garage freezer, I simply use a case — or cases, I should say — along with desiccant packs.
 
Based on what I've come across, Tirz stands out among GLPs as the toughest of the bunch—practically indestructible. You'd have to put in serious effort to ruin it, and even after that, it would likely emerge from the debris and still help you shed some pounds. Some peptides might be fragile enough to react to something as minor as a harsh look, but Tirz is definitely not in that category.
 
Inside my freezer, I keep the peps in a Styrofoam mailer along with an ice pack. Say the freezer breaks down, or the power cuts out, and so on — my peps would stay frozen for days that way. I don't figure it's needed, but there's no harm in doing it. A few of my items won't be touched for years.
 
So far I have only been using the hydro-peak and storing it in the fridge. That might change down the road, but I just brought one more person in the family onto the Tirz lineup. Before long they will be moving up into the T68 club, it is just a question of when.
 
I simply leave my supply in the freezer, inside the original plastic kit containers, placed within "freezer" zip lock bags. The temperature in my freezer holds steady at -18° C degrees, and I think that's sufficient for long-term storage.
 
My setup for freezing involves a Hydrapeak, a Silicone Insert, and a NIIMBOT D110 for labeling, since that seems to be the trendy approach among folks in this community.
 
I'm going to put up a short post soon to show my new mini compressor fridge. Having that plus a precise digital thermometer is a really good setup. I can fully manage the temperature and keep it steady.

The important thing is that it has to be a compressor model. Mine runs very quietly and is barely noticeable.
 
Seasonal1 said:

My setup for freezing involves a Hydrapeak, a Silicone Insert, and a NIIMBOT D110 for labeling, since that seems to be the trendy approach among folks in this community.
Where can I find these cool kids?
 
I'll be honest — the Hydrpeak/Insert/D11 crowd? Yeah, I'm in it 🙄

Because my fridge/freezer runs an auto defrost cycle, I rely on the Hydrapeak to deal with the temperature swings.

As for the mixed vials and carts kept in the fridge, I use a 3d printed case — mainly to keep things organized.
 
boytres said:

I'll be honest — the Hydrpeak/Insert/D11 crowd? Yeah, I'm in it 🙄

Because my fridge/freezer runs an auto defrost cycle, I rely on the Hydrapeak to deal with the temperature swings.

As for the mixed vials and carts kept in the fridge, I use a 3d printed case — mainly to keep things organized.
A great bonus is that it gives me yet another excuse to use my printer 😀
 
JonSpartan said:

I'm going to put up a short post soon to show my new mini compressor fridge. Having that plus a precise digital thermometer is a really good setup. I can fully manage the temperature and keep it steady.

The important thing is that it has to be a compressor model. Mine runs very quietly and is barely noticeable.
Every freezer comes with a compressor, doesn't it?...My small freezer just started working this past weekend...At the moment I've got 3 cases of peps inside, and the digital thermometer probe is reading -22c... 👍
 
My vials live inside Mira 13.5 oz insulated food jars. (They stopped making them, but I'd already stocked up enough to last forever.) Thanks to the jar's shape, vials can go in pointing up or pointing down, and once the bottom can't take any more, I start a new layer above. 15 vials fit per layer, so 2 layers means 30 vials per jar, and there's still space left for dessicant packs.

I write on the outside side, the outside top, and the inside top: contents, sender, month and year of receipt, cap color, and how to reconstitute. (these days each vial also gets its own label once tests come back.) Everything from those labels, plus the thermos color, goes into my COA folder. After that, if there's no plan to use it soon, it goes to the bottom of the freezer.

This setup guards against temperature swings. Nothing ever gets knocked around, comes loose, or turns into an anonymous vial in the freezer. Oldest stock is simple to find first. Moisture stays in check. It's dark, and there's one more airtight barrier. Should the freezer die, I have time to relocate them to a different freezer. And if I ever had to grab everything and go fast, it's roughly 10 small pods that would fit easily into something. The pods also just make me happy.
 
Back
Top