GHK-CU adverse reactions?

While GHK-Cu is the subject at hand, something intriguing landed in my inbox today. It's a conversation between Anela and others covering her protocols. She's widely recognized for developing the Anela protocol for GHK-Cu. The link is here. https://tinyurl.com/mpwmt98w

Mods: Naturally, feel free to take it down if it doesn't fit here.
 
Bhappy$ said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
What’s your next step with Klow? I’ve got a kit put aside and plan to start it once I’m done with the Wolverine blend I’m using for tennis elbow. Also thinking about whether to pick up additional kits. Thanks
What made you skip KLOW at the start, given it has the same peptides as the Wolverine Stack?
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?
 
kakiebean said:

So the stinging sensation comes from the copper, or is it something else in there?
Correct. If there is no copper in the GHK, there is no stinging sensation.
 
bodcat said:

Bhappy$ said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
What’s your next step with Klow? I’ve got a kit put aside and plan to start it once I’m done with the Wolverine blend I’m using for tennis elbow. Also thinking about whether to pick up additional kits. Thanks
What made you skip KLOW at the start, given it has the same peptides as the Wolverine Stack?
Back then, Reta was the only option I was aware of. My guy heard I was beginning treatment for tennis elbow and recommended the Wolverine stack. Both of my arms had tennis elbow. Following the first assessment of my arms, the OT informed me that recovery would take at least a year of therapy. That was 5/2026. Last week he said I should be ready for normal gym training within a month, and he cut my therapy from twice a week down to once a week. A few months ago I fell into the peptide rabbit hole, began sourcing my own supplies much more cheaply, and picked up some Klow. I chose to hold off on starting the Klow until I could get back to the gym.
 
Bhappy$ said:

bodcat said:

Bhappy$ said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
What’s your next step with Klow? I’ve got a kit put aside and plan to start it once I’m done with the Wolverine blend I’m using for tennis elbow. Also thinking about whether to pick up additional kits. Thanks
What made you skip KLOW at the start, given it has the same peptides as the Wolverine Stack?
Back then, Reta was the only option I was aware of. My guy heard I was beginning treatment for tennis elbow and recommended the Wolverine stack. Both of my arms had tennis elbow. Following the first assessment of my arms, the OT informed me that recovery would take at least a year of therapy. That was 5/2026. Last week he said I should be ready for normal gym training within a month, and he cut my therapy from twice a week down to once a week. A few months ago I fell into the peptide rabbit hole, began sourcing my own supplies much more cheaply, and picked up some Klow. I chose to hold off on starting the Klow until I could get back to the gym.
With blends such as wolverine, I've used a vial after reconstitution and finished it off prior to mixing up a fresh one, for instance KLOW....if that's the situation you're describing... 👍
 
Blueeyedme said:

While GHK-Cu is the subject at hand, something intriguing landed in my inbox today. It's a conversation between Anela and others covering her protocols. She's widely recognized for developing the Anela protocol for GHK-Cu. The link is here. https://tinyurl.com/mpwmt98w

Mods: Naturally, feel free to take it down if it doesn't fit here.
Learning more about her protocols would be something I'd be interested in.

Flash-BCR said:

Bhappy$ said:

bodcat said:

Bhappy$ said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
What’s your next step with Klow? I’ve got a kit put aside and plan to start it once I’m done with the Wolverine blend I’m using for tennis elbow. Also thinking about whether to pick up additional kits. Thanks
What made you skip KLOW at the start, given it has the same peptides as the Wolverine Stack?
Back then, Reta was the only option I was aware of. My guy heard I was beginning treatment for tennis elbow and recommended the Wolverine stack. Both of my arms had tennis elbow. Following the first assessment of my arms, the OT informed me that recovery would take at least a year of therapy. That was 5/2026. Last week he said I should be ready for normal gym training within a month, and he cut my therapy from twice a week down to once a week. A few months ago I fell into the peptide rabbit hole, began sourcing my own supplies much more cheaply, and picked up some Klow. I chose to hold off on starting the Klow until I could get back to the gym.
With blends such as wolverine, I've used a vial after reconstitution and finished it off prior to mixing up a fresh one, for instance KLOW....if that's the situation you're describing... 👍
I wanted to use up the final vial of Wolverine blend I had, because I believed it was having an effect.
 
Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
 
Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
These days I go with 3mg each day. Based on the most recent studies I've seen, cycling GHK-cu isn't necessary.

From what I understand, the same applies to semax and selank—they can supposedly be used continuously without breaks.
 
tendency said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
These days I go with 3mg each day. Based on the most recent studies I've seen, cycling GHK-cu isn't necessary.

From what I understand, the same applies to semax and selank—they can supposedly be used continuously without breaks.
From what I've read, Semax schedules call for a break—typically 2 weeks minimum—and continuous use shouldn't stretch past 4 weeks. There's a genuine risk of saturating BDNF receptors if you push further than that.
 
Chili777 said:

tendency said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
These days I go with 3mg each day. Based on the most recent studies I've seen, cycling GHK-cu isn't necessary.

From what I understand, the same applies to semax and selank—they can supposedly be used continuously without breaks.
From what I've read, Semax schedules call for a break—typically 2 weeks minimum—and continuous use shouldn't stretch past 4 weeks. There's a genuine risk of saturating BDNF receptors if you push further than that.
On this point, chili, we're going to have to part ways. Kevin Joseph, an internal medicine physician with quite a bit of solid YT content and a well-regarded e-book to his name, has spent years prescribing 20-30 peptides in his clinical work, semax and selank among them. His take is that the whole notion of BDNF pathway overload doesn't hold up, and that these compounds can be used without a stopping point. Among his patients, he hasn't run into downregulation or anything of the sort.

From what I gather, long-term use is also common practice in Russia.

Cycling shows up in nearly every peptide protocol out there, but when you dig into it, the rationale mostly boils down to excessive caution and secondhand claims. At this point I doubt it's actually required, or at least not for some share of them.
 
tendency said:

Chili777 said:

tendency said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
These days I go with 3mg each day. Based on the most recent studies I've seen, cycling GHK-cu isn't necessary.

From what I understand, the same applies to semax and selank—they can supposedly be used continuously without breaks.
From what I've read, Semax schedules call for a break—typically 2 weeks minimum—and continuous use shouldn't stretch past 4 weeks. There's a genuine risk of saturating BDNF receptors if you push further than that.
On this point, chili, we're going to have to part ways. Kevin Joseph, an internal medicine physician with quite a bit of solid YT content and a well-regarded e-book to his name, has spent years prescribing 20-30 peptides in his clinical work, semax and selank among them. His take is that the whole notion of BDNF pathway overload doesn't hold up, and that these compounds can be used without a stopping point. Among his patients, he hasn't run into downregulation or anything of the sort.

From what I gather, long-term use is also common practice in Russia.

Cycling shows up in nearly every peptide protocol out there, but when you dig into it, the rationale mostly boils down to excessive caution and secondhand claims. At this point I doubt it's actually required, or at least not for some share of them.
My own research hasn't turned that up anywhere. Taking Russian medical clinics as the reference point:

Semax in Russian clinical settings is usually given as a short course, somewhere between 5 and 14 days.

Acute Stroke Recovery: doses commonly fall in the 12–18 mg/day range, administered across 5 to 10 days, starting within the first 24 hours after an ischemic event.

Cognitive Disorders & Optic Nerve Disease: the usual treatment span is 10 to 14 days; certain pediatric cases or minimal brain dysfunction cases can stretch to 30 days.

Repeat Cycles: when needed, a course can be prolonged or run again once a rest interval of 1 to 3 months has passed.

Note: courses in Russian clinical use generally run from 10 to 30 days. These windows came out of large trials covering thousands of stroke patients, people with cognitive impairment, and patients recovering from brain injuries. The protocols weigh therapeutic benefit against keeping neurotrophin receptor systems sensitive.

For year-round cognitive support, users frequently turn to cycling patterns that swap active periods for rest intervals. One widely used scheme is 6 weeks of daily administration, then 2 weeks off, repeated across the year. When the goal is cognitive enhancement rather than treatment inside a clinical setting, cycle length matters even more. With no acute pathology like that seen in stroke patients, healthy individuals have to weigh continuing cognitive gains against the chance that receptors adapt over time.

My own preference is the conservative route, yet it seems even Russian enthusiasts recognize the receptor question, including in long-term cycles.
 
Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?
I only started noticing any positive effects around the 3-month mark, when I was using 3 - 4mg.
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
Thanks for the helpful details! Are you supplementing with zinc?
 
Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
Thanks for the helpful details! Are you supplementing with zinc?
Last week I began using 1MG of GHK-CU, and alongside that I take 15MG of Zinc each day. I also consume 10G of Kollagen Powder daily, hoping it will boost how well GHK-CU works for my skin. Still, I'm unsure whether this actually does anything or adds any benefit beyond my usual GHK-CU injection.
 
MisterM. said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Slaine said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Ran 3mg twice daily for weeks — no issues at all.

Now just once per day.

Skin feels smooth and has a shine to it. Began taking glycine and collagen alongside to help with what I'm aiming for. Hair hasn't shown anything so far.
6mg a day??? 😱 How long have you been doing that? What made you land on 6mg? Was there a big jump in results going from 0,5-1-2 up to 6mg?

GHK-CU's half-life is brief, and there aren't any recognized risks.

My skin looked great—hydrated. I'm not sure what more to add.
True, it clears quickly, but copper has a way of accumulating.

Appreciate the reply!
I want to make clear that nobody has shown any copper toxicity signs while using Ghk-cu.

A 6mg dose of Ghk-cu works out to roughly 1.2mg of copper. Suppose every bit of that copper were absorbed without any restriction, it would still land well under the 10mg daily copper ceiling that is generally advised.

That copper, though, does not arrive unbound. It sits in a chelated complex tied to the GHK, and that arrangement acts as a buffer, keeping it from accumulating inside the body.

If you ate liver on a daily basis, your odds of taking in excessive free copper would be much greater.
Thanks for the helpful details! Are you supplementing with zinc?
Last week I began using 1MG of GHK-CU, and alongside that I take 15MG of Zinc each day. I also consume 10G of Kollagen Powder daily, hoping it will boost how well GHK-CU works for my skin. Still, I'm unsure whether this actually does anything or adds any benefit beyond my usual GHK-CU injection.
To determine what injection and oral use each offer, spend roughly 3 months dosing one at your level, then switch to the other.
 
Back
Top