Gf is asking about trying peptides — how do I handle it?

boytres said:

Taking it yourself while not wanting her to research it on her own strikes me as a bit hypocritical. But thats just my opinion...

In my experience, the harder you push to stop someone doing what they want, the more certain it becomes that they will do it, and then some. Better to be supportive and enjoy the journey together. At least that way you know she's safe, and if anything goes wrong your there to help when she needs it.
At first my wife refused anything from China... until her sister mentioned dropping 56lbs thanks to the stuff I'd given her 12 months earlier.
 
desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Begin at .25 so you can confirm she won't react badly and then hold you responsible. 😉 Increase the amount gradually after that. For me, .5 Tirz was enough to get a response, so there's no reason to burn through peptides when it isn't necessary.
For tirz that dose is far too small, though she did begin at the same starting dose prescribed to everyone on Mounjaro. Could you have meant 2,5mg?

SVT810E said:

Are people actually suggesting a dose that's just 1/10th of the standard starting amount? Might as well put them on homeopathic tirz while we're at it, just for extra caution. “The vendor's bac water remembers the tirz, plus a touch of norovirus. This stuff really works!”

For tirz, 2.5mg is a safe and effective dose to begin with.
Absolutely safe and effective. My own start wasn't as effective as hers, as far as I recall, but once I reached 5mg things picked up. I'm glad for her.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Begin at .25 so you can confirm she won't react badly and then hold you responsible. 😉 Increase the amount gradually after that. For me, .5 Tirz was enough to get a response, so there's no reason to burn through peptides when it isn't necessary.
For tirz that dose is far too small, though she did begin at the same starting dose prescribed to everyone on Mounjaro. Could you have meant 2,5mg?

SVT810E said:

Are people actually suggesting a dose that's just 1/10th of the standard starting amount? Might as well put them on homeopathic tirz while we're at it, just for extra caution. “The vendor's bac water remembers the tirz, plus a touch of norovirus. This stuff really works!”

For tirz, 2.5mg is a safe and effective dose to begin with.
Absolutely safe and effective. My own start wasn't as effective as hers, as far as I recall, but once I reached 5mg things picked up. I'm glad for her.
Nope, sweetie.

A 2.5 starting dose gives a lot of folks really rough side effects — nausea, stomach trouble, that sort of thing. My own start was .5, and I truly mean .5. Micro dosing was the approach we tried. It did work, by the way, and I moved up in tiny steps. After quite a few months I reached 2mg, and then I brought in Reta the same gradual way.

On either one, my ceiling stayed under 3mg, so under 6mg combined. I'm acquainted with people who topped out at 4mg of Tirze and still dropped every pound they were aiming for.

29% of my body weight came off.

that's my take
 
desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Begin at .25 so you can confirm she won't react badly and then hold you responsible. 😉 Increase the amount gradually after that. For me, .5 Tirz was enough to get a response, so there's no reason to burn through peptides when it isn't necessary.
For tirz that dose is far too small, though she did begin at the same starting dose prescribed to everyone on Mounjaro. Could you have meant 2,5mg?

SVT810E said:

Are people actually suggesting a dose that's just 1/10th of the standard starting amount? Might as well put them on homeopathic tirz while we're at it, just for extra caution. “The vendor's bac water remembers the tirz, plus a touch of norovirus. This stuff really works!”

For tirz, 2.5mg is a safe and effective dose to begin with.
Absolutely safe and effective. My own start wasn't as effective as hers, as far as I recall, but once I reached 5mg things picked up. I'm glad for her.
Nope, sweetie.

A 2.5 starting dose gives a lot of folks really rough side effects — nausea, stomach trouble, that sort of thing. My own start was .5, and I truly mean .5. Micro dosing was the approach we tried. It did work, by the way, and I moved up in tiny steps. After quite a few months I reached 2mg, and then I brought in Reta the same gradual way.

On either one, my ceiling stayed under 3mg, so under 6mg combined. I'm acquainted with people who topped out at 4mg of Tirze and still dropped every pound they were aiming for.

29% of my body weight came off.

that's my take
Oh wow 😂

That's news to me. My mistake — apologies. Ignorance really is bliss. What you're talking about sounds like an even smarter approach than the lowest possible dose I'd read about; it's the reverse of jumping straight to the maximum. Micro dosing tirz. Wow, you really do pick up something new daily.
 
desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Begin at .25 so you can confirm she won't react badly and then hold you responsible. 😉 Increase the amount gradually after that. For me, .5 Tirz was enough to get a response, so there's no reason to burn through peptides when it isn't necessary.
For tirz that dose is far too small, though she did begin at the same starting dose prescribed to everyone on Mounjaro. Could you have meant 2,5mg?

SVT810E said:

Are people actually suggesting a dose that's just 1/10th of the standard starting amount? Might as well put them on homeopathic tirz while we're at it, just for extra caution. “The vendor's bac water remembers the tirz, plus a touch of norovirus. This stuff really works!”

For tirz, 2.5mg is a safe and effective dose to begin with.
Absolutely safe and effective. My own start wasn't as effective as hers, as far as I recall, but once I reached 5mg things picked up. I'm glad for her.
Nope, sweetie.

A 2.5 starting dose gives a lot of folks really rough side effects — nausea, stomach trouble, that sort of thing. My own start was .5, and I truly mean .5. Micro dosing was the approach we tried. It did work, by the way, and I moved up in tiny steps. After quite a few months I reached 2mg, and then I brought in Reta the same gradual way.

On either one, my ceiling stayed under 3mg, so under 6mg combined. I'm acquainted with people who topped out at 4mg of Tirze and still dropped every pound they were aiming for.

29% of my body weight came off.

that's my take
I'm not saying your results at those tiny doses aren't real, but only a fairly narrow slice of people will ever react that strongly to doses that low — super responders are probably just 5-10% of the population. Losing 29% of body weight from 6mg of reta / tirz is far above what the typical person sees.

There's a rationale behind the standard starting doses: they keep the chance of meaningful side effects reasonably low, while not stretching the ramp-up phase out by another 3-4 months. That's exactly how long it would take to reach 2.5mg if you began at 0.5 and increased by 0.5mg every 4 weeks. Under that approach, most people would burn the first 3, maybe even 6, months just getting to a dose that actually suppresses appetite and starts the weight loss — too long, in my view, and plenty would lose motivation when nothing happens. To me it's more reasonable to take on a few percent risk of an unpleasant side effect by starting at 2.5mg, rather than waiting months for any effect at all. At 2.5mg, side effects beyond mild nausea aren't very common, and if one does show up, you simply lower the dose.
 
lessthanhalf said:

desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Begin at .25 so you can confirm she won't react badly and then hold you responsible. 😉 Increase the amount gradually after that. For me, .5 Tirz was enough to get a response, so there's no reason to burn through peptides when it isn't necessary.
For tirz that dose is far too small, though she did begin at the same starting dose prescribed to everyone on Mounjaro. Could you have meant 2,5mg?

SVT810E said:

Are people actually suggesting a dose that's just 1/10th of the standard starting amount? Might as well put them on homeopathic tirz while we're at it, just for extra caution. “The vendor's bac water remembers the tirz, plus a touch of norovirus. This stuff really works!”

For tirz, 2.5mg is a safe and effective dose to begin with.
Absolutely safe and effective. My own start wasn't as effective as hers, as far as I recall, but once I reached 5mg things picked up. I'm glad for her.
Nope, sweetie.

A 2.5 starting dose gives a lot of folks really rough side effects — nausea, stomach trouble, that sort of thing. My own start was .5, and I truly mean .5. Micro dosing was the approach we tried. It did work, by the way, and I moved up in tiny steps. After quite a few months I reached 2mg, and then I brought in Reta the same gradual way.

On either one, my ceiling stayed under 3mg, so under 6mg combined. I'm acquainted with people who topped out at 4mg of Tirze and still dropped every pound they were aiming for.

29% of my body weight came off.

that's my take
I'm not saying your results at those tiny doses aren't real, but only a fairly narrow slice of people will ever react that strongly to doses that low — super responders are probably just 5-10% of the population. Losing 29% of body weight from 6mg of reta / tirz is far above what the typical person sees.

There's a rationale behind the standard starting doses: they keep the chance of meaningful side effects reasonably low, while not stretching the ramp-up phase out by another 3-4 months. That's exactly how long it would take to reach 2.5mg if you began at 0.5 and increased by 0.5mg every 4 weeks. Under that approach, most people would burn the first 3, maybe even 6, months just getting to a dose that actually suppresses appetite and starts the weight loss — too long, in my view, and plenty would lose motivation when nothing happens. To me it's more reasonable to take on a few percent risk of an unpleasant side effect by starting at 2.5mg, rather than waiting months for any effect at all. At 2.5mg, side effects beyond mild nausea aren't very common, and if one does show up, you simply lower the dose.
What I was getting at is that the very first injection should be a really small dose, so if she turns out to be super sensitive or allergic, the reaction won't be severe.

On top of that, I don't think the once-a-week protocol makes sense. That schedule exists because of participation concerns.. since people dislike needles, the goal was to keep injections to a minimum. Smaller doses given more often make it easier to sidestep unpleasant side effects.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
My wife is in the same boat, which shifts how I think about risk. If I'm the only one pinning and hoping, any bad outcome lands on me alone — but once another person is involved, I'm not willing to gamble as much. That's why I began sending the peps we both use for third-party testing, so I can feel at ease and know I've cut the chance of harm as much as I can.
 
desinr-gal said:

lessthanhalf said:

desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

desinr-gal said:

JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Begin at .25 so you can confirm she won't react badly and then hold you responsible. 😉 Increase the amount gradually after that. For me, .5 Tirz was enough to get a response, so there's no reason to burn through peptides when it isn't necessary.
For tirz that dose is far too small, though she did begin at the same starting dose prescribed to everyone on Mounjaro. Could you have meant 2,5mg?

SVT810E said:

Are people actually suggesting a dose that's just 1/10th of the standard starting amount? Might as well put them on homeopathic tirz while we're at it, just for extra caution. “The vendor's bac water remembers the tirz, plus a touch of norovirus. This stuff really works!”

For tirz, 2.5mg is a safe and effective dose to begin with.
Absolutely safe and effective. My own start wasn't as effective as hers, as far as I recall, but once I reached 5mg things picked up. I'm glad for her.
Nope, sweetie.

A 2.5 starting dose gives a lot of folks really rough side effects — nausea, stomach trouble, that sort of thing. My own start was .5, and I truly mean .5. Micro dosing was the approach we tried. It did work, by the way, and I moved up in tiny steps. After quite a few months I reached 2mg, and then I brought in Reta the same gradual way.

On either one, my ceiling stayed under 3mg, so under 6mg combined. I'm acquainted with people who topped out at 4mg of Tirze and still dropped every pound they were aiming for.

29% of my body weight came off.

that's my take
I'm not saying your results at those tiny doses aren't real, but only a fairly narrow slice of people will ever react that strongly to doses that low — super responders are probably just 5-10% of the population. Losing 29% of body weight from 6mg of reta / tirz is far above what the typical person sees.

There's a rationale behind the standard starting doses: they keep the chance of meaningful side effects reasonably low, while not stretching the ramp-up phase out by another 3-4 months. That's exactly how long it would take to reach 2.5mg if you began at 0.5 and increased by 0.5mg every 4 weeks. Under that approach, most people would burn the first 3, maybe even 6, months just getting to a dose that actually suppresses appetite and starts the weight loss — too long, in my view, and plenty would lose motivation when nothing happens. To me it's more reasonable to take on a few percent risk of an unpleasant side effect by starting at 2.5mg, rather than waiting months for any effect at all. At 2.5mg, side effects beyond mild nausea aren't very common, and if one does show up, you simply lower the dose.
What I was getting at is that the very first injection should be a really small dose, so if she turns out to be super sensitive or allergic, the reaction won't be severe.

On top of that, I don't think the once-a-week protocol makes sense. That schedule exists because of participation concerns.. since people dislike needles, the goal was to keep injections to a minimum. Smaller doses given more often make it easier to sidestep unpleasant side effects.
Splitting doses into more frequent administrations is something I fully back as a way to keep side effects manageable or as low as possible. Personally, I inject every other day. Starting with a very small first dose could lower the odds of side effects, though an allergic reaction right at the first dose is incredibly rare — your body typically needs repeated exposure to a substance before an allergy develops, so reactions tend to show up after weeks or months rather than immediately, and on the initial dose it is practically unheard of.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Just let her do it. My wife watched me drop weight and get lean, and it wasn't long before she wanted in too.
 
My wife began using reta 1 week after I started. However, she leaves all the sourcing and mixing to me because she trusts me. Since we got going, she has done plenty of research on her own, and now she's even asking me about other peptides too!
 
Januza said:

JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
Just let her do it. My wife watched me drop weight and get lean, and it wasn't long before she wanted in too.
The strongest case you can present requires no talking at all. Simply showing results speaks for itself. When someone is clearly succeeding, it's tough to dispute that.

In my view, the absolute worst approach (and I'm not pointing at anyone in this community) is pressuring or guilting a person about weight loss. That typically backfires, creating resistance and bitterness. Nobody likes feeling forced into a decision. If your goal is to influence someone, just focus on your own progress quietly — they'll draw their own conclusions in time.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

boytres said:

Taking it yourself while not wanting her to research it on her own strikes me as a bit hypocritical. But thats just my opinion...

In my experience, the harder you push to stop someone doing what they want, the more certain it becomes that they will do it, and then some. Better to be supportive and enjoy the journey together. At least that way you know she's safe, and if anything goes wrong your there to help when she needs it.
At first my wife refused anything from China... until her sister mentioned dropping 56lbs thanks to the stuff I'd given her 12 months earlier.
Pretty much the same situation in our home. I let my wife know I'd be sourcing from a different place instead of the US vendor we'd been overpaying — 4 vials at crazy prices. She wanted to know where, and once I said China she flipped out. That lasted until I showed her that everything traces back to China, and that even the large companies, Lilly included, may well be getting raw materials from there. Once she heard about the testing, she calmed down. Everything's been fine since the weight started coming off and she felt no different.
 
At first my wife couldn't believe I'd get Tirz from a 503A compounding pharmacy. Her view was that prescriptions come from Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens. After I told her I'd bought Reta and walked her through a few videos about what it can do, she was at least willing to hear me out. She also noticed my weight loss plan was producing results.

Not long ago she saw a doctor, and they told her her cholesterol was elevated. The doctor brought up statins. She told me she'd pick Reta over a statin. She's at a normal weight, so we agreed to repeat blood work in a month or two. Still, her remark made me smile.
 
BNLFL said:

Airborne Daddy said:

boytres said:

Taking it yourself while not wanting her to research it on her own strikes me as a bit hypocritical. But thats just my opinion...

In my experience, the harder you push to stop someone doing what they want, the more certain it becomes that they will do it, and then some. Better to be supportive and enjoy the journey together. At least that way you know she's safe, and if anything goes wrong your there to help when she needs it.
At first my wife refused anything from China... until her sister mentioned dropping 56lbs thanks to the stuff I'd given her 12 months earlier.
Pretty much the same situation in our home. I let my wife know I'd be sourcing from a different place instead of the US vendor we'd been overpaying — 4 vials at crazy prices. She wanted to know where, and once I said China she flipped out. That lasted until I showed her that everything traces back to China, and that even the large companies, Lilly included, may well be getting raw materials from there. Once she heard about the testing, she calmed down. Everything's been fine since the weight started coming off and she felt no different.
I'm confident that vendors such as bff and nexaph undergo more testing than pharma does. When it comes to bff, stg runs tests on it roughly 12 times each month.
 
HouseCat said:

BNLFL said:

HouseCat said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

HouseCat said:

My assumption is that whatever you take is what she would get, and that you've looked into the safety side properly...which makes the risk very low. Anything she doesn't already know about side effects and possible reactions, you can talk her through. Dating a dummy seems unlikely, so trust her - she's grown, she does or will understand the risks, and the decision is hers to make. Plus you'll get bonus relationship points!

Withhold it and leave her to handle her own transactions from jump, and you may also collect negative relationship points 😂

Yes, identical to what I use, except that by now the filters and the extra sterile cartridges are fully stocked. Me, I couldn't wait around for the filters and the nice cartridges, so for my first pen I grabbed the Alibaba cartridge and filled unfiltered. She gets the filtered, nice cartridge VIP treatment. Looks like I'm the dummy in this relationship 😂

boytres said:

Taking it yourself while not wanting her to research it on her own strikes me as a bit hypocritical. But thats just my opinion...

In my experience, the harder you push to stop someone doing what they want, the more certain it becomes that they will do it, and then some. Better to be supportive and enjoy the journey together. At least that way you know she's safe, and if anything goes wrong your there to help when she needs it.

Yeah, that one you misread. I'd genuinely been hoping she would take an interest, and now that she has, I'm a bit scared — that is the whole of it. A nice journey together is how I see it, same as you said. Cravings and food thoughts are a real struggle for her, and the more she wants to do something about them, the happier I am.
Yes VIP treatment!! A happy her means a happy you. 😁

UGH...100ct steam sterilized vials just arrived from Temu...and naturally they turn up UNsterilized. So now I have to dig out the pressure cooker given to me as a wedding gift 10+ years ago, work out how to operate it, and autoclave these GD unsterilized cartridges.
Going to be able to get the stoppers out and back in again?

@JohannesSweden77 Even when I was only talking about it at the start, my wife was all in favor. Two vials get reconstituted at once usually, one for each of us, and they've been the same. Now that different doses come into play starting this morning, the vials will need our names on them if the concentrations differ. I fill her syringe, and blast her. Not the good way. Whatever I decide is fine by her. No side effects for her either, and currently on 10mg.

Keep her start simple — Reta or Tirz, nothing from some wild stack.
It’ll be a project. Water is how I’ll force the stoppers out; new autoclave bags, vial and stopper pulled apart but kept in the same bag, and once sterilization is done I’ll wiggle the stoppers back in while still sealed. Next time the quality option is simply paying up at goodlifesupplies. 🙃
that seems like a huge amount of effort!
 
HouseCat said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

HouseCat said:

My assumption is that whatever you take is what she would get, and that you've looked into the safety side properly...which makes the risk very low. Anything she doesn't already know about side effects and possible reactions, you can talk her through. Dating a dummy seems unlikely, so trust her - she's grown, she does or will understand the risks, and the decision is hers to make. Plus you'll get bonus relationship points!

Withhold it and leave her to handle her own transactions from jump, and you may also collect negative relationship points 😂

Yes, identical to what I use, except that by now the filters and the extra sterile cartridges are fully stocked. Me, I couldn't wait around for the filters and the nice cartridges, so for my first pen I grabbed the Alibaba cartridge and filled unfiltered. She gets the filtered, nice cartridge VIP treatment. Looks like I'm the dummy in this relationship 😂

boytres said:

Taking it yourself while not wanting her to research it on her own strikes me as a bit hypocritical. But thats just my opinion...

In my experience, the harder you push to stop someone doing what they want, the more certain it becomes that they will do it, and then some. Better to be supportive and enjoy the journey together. At least that way you know she's safe, and if anything goes wrong your there to help when she needs it.

Yeah, that one you misread. I'd genuinely been hoping she would take an interest, and now that she has, I'm a bit scared — that is the whole of it. A nice journey together is how I see it, same as you said. Cravings and food thoughts are a real struggle for her, and the more she wants to do something about them, the happier I am.
Yes VIP treatment!! A happy her means a happy you. 😁

UGH...100ct steam sterilized vials just arrived from Temu...and naturally they turn up UNsterilized. So now I have to dig out the pressure cooker given to me as a wedding gift 10+ years ago, work out how to operate it, and autoclave these GD unsterilized cartridges.

JohannesSweden77 said:

laansasa said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

laansasa said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

laansasa said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

laansasa said:

If only my boyfriend were interested in peps too, so we could do it together. Some health issues of his strike me as things they could help, yet he won't entertain it. Complaining isn't really fair, though - he supports me 100% and finds it "entertaining" watching me go down the rabbit hole. Perhaps one day he will budge, and if he doesn't, that's ok.

Good that your girl is walking the same road you are. One more thing for the two of you to bond over.

A little interest only appeared after almost 9 months. Whether she actually goes through with it, I'm still not sure, though I have said that I'm going to make her own pen to use. How long you have been taking peps, I don't know, but bear in mind that we men are the slower kind of humans, so it might just take longer time. My hope is that he will follow you into the rabbit hole eventually.
Very true...we shall see! March is when peps began for me... but supplements I take that I suggested have definitely been added by him, plus the whole ivermectin rabbithole, too. Time will tell, I suppose. Needles are what I think keeps him at bay (for now...) 😆
Oh, for a male specimen that is nowhere near enough time. Our side is where he seems headed, judging by this. Not the dark side but the gray. How easy needles are to get used to will become clear to him. Getting past that is what delayed my own start. Scary needles turn out to cause no fright at all — needles to say. Pun intended.
I agree, only a matter of time. Super expensive oral NAD and a ton of other supplements are what he takes. The great results I have gotten are visible to him, so intrigued he must be. If and when he bites the bullet, I shall report back!
Be sure to do that, and I'll do the same for my better half. He'll soon be even better
Thank goodness we aren't stuck concealing them inside a butter container at the rear of the fridge the way others do. I also recall a different tale about going to see the in-laws and being unsure how to account for them, and a person proposed claiming a dog bite and that the injections were for rabies!😂
Yeah, that's wild. That said, I haven't shared with everyone that I've moved over to gray. As far as they know, I'm still on the prescribed stuff. Not their concern anyway. So I do have to "hide" the supply and accessories.
A week back, I was in the same spot, attempting to keep it under wraps. The labels I received appear completely legitimate!
 
Airborne Daddy said:

BNLFL said:

Airborne Daddy said:

boytres said:

Taking it yourself while not wanting her to research it on her own strikes me as a bit hypocritical. But thats just my opinion...

In my experience, the harder you push to stop someone doing what they want, the more certain it becomes that they will do it, and then some. Better to be supportive and enjoy the journey together. At least that way you know she's safe, and if anything goes wrong your there to help when she needs it.
At first my wife refused anything from China... until her sister mentioned dropping 56lbs thanks to the stuff I'd given her 12 months earlier.
Pretty much the same situation in our home. I let my wife know I'd be sourcing from a different place instead of the US vendor we'd been overpaying — 4 vials at crazy prices. She wanted to know where, and once I said China she flipped out. That lasted until I showed her that everything traces back to China, and that even the large companies, Lilly included, may well be getting raw materials from there. Once she heard about the testing, she calmed down. Everything's been fine since the weight started coming off and she felt no different.
I'm confident that vendors such as bff and nexaph undergo more testing than pharma does. When it comes to bff, stg runs tests on it roughly 12 times each month.
The testing we rely on is basic next to what pharma does. It serves as affordable, essential harm reduction rather than strict oversight. On top of that, this overlooks how much of pharma's safety comes from supply-chain quality controls that simply aren't there in gray.
 
SVT810E said:

Airborne Daddy said:

BNLFL said:

Airborne Daddy said:

boytres said:

Taking it yourself while not wanting her to research it on her own strikes me as a bit hypocritical. But thats just my opinion...

In my experience, the harder you push to stop someone doing what they want, the more certain it becomes that they will do it, and then some. Better to be supportive and enjoy the journey together. At least that way you know she's safe, and if anything goes wrong your there to help when she needs it.
At first my wife refused anything from China... until her sister mentioned dropping 56lbs thanks to the stuff I'd given her 12 months earlier.
Pretty much the same situation in our home. I let my wife know I'd be sourcing from a different place instead of the US vendor we'd been overpaying — 4 vials at crazy prices. She wanted to know where, and once I said China she flipped out. That lasted until I showed her that everything traces back to China, and that even the large companies, Lilly included, may well be getting raw materials from there. Once she heard about the testing, she calmed down. Everything's been fine since the weight started coming off and she felt no different.
I'm confident that vendors such as bff and nexaph undergo more testing than pharma does. When it comes to bff, stg runs tests on it roughly 12 times each month.
The testing we rely on is basic next to what pharma does. It serves as affordable, essential harm reduction rather than strict oversight. On top of that, this overlooks how much of pharma's safety comes from supply-chain quality controls that simply aren't there in gray.
Yeah, but didn't they just find an eyelash in a pharma product not long ago? As far as I know, anything with state and/or federal testing requirements only gets checked once a year. It beats gray, sure — but am I convinced? Not remotely.
 
At times I find myself asking whether compounding pharmacies operate the same way we do. For instance, what is the origin of the raw materials they use?
 
JohannesSweden77 said:


So since I started taking tirz my girlfriend first didn't seem interested in taking it herself but now she's even getting a bit annoying pestering me that she wants to loose weight and try some peptides also. I don't know how to react really. I want to help her lose weight and feel better in her own body but at the same time I'm scared she'll have a bad reaction or something. I'm thinking about giving her a starter dose of tirz. That will most likely happen if she keeps nagging me. Don't know what my question is anymore but maybe someone have been in a situation like this?

Click to expand...
I've brought this up on here before. My Reta journey began right at the close of 2025, and I was quite reluctant to let my wife in on it. Come February, when I did finally explain my reasons (metabolic gains, not shedding pounds), her response was, "Why aren't you injecting me?" If she's curious, your plan for a starter dose is a great method to gently enter GLP1 therapy. You had the interest — so why shouldn't she?
 
Back
Top