Getting So Close!

SeaGypsy

Explorer
Joined
Jan 20, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Green Cove Springs, Florida
I'm now under 10lbs away from my target. Before starting glps I was at 153, and that came after dropping 90lbs by myself. My aim is 120lbs, and this morning the scale showed 129.8! Tirzepitide was my first, and it worked well for food noise; I did lose some, but my weight sat at 134 for a whole month. Two weeks ago I moved to Reta, and the numbers started dropping again. Reaching 120 is something I really want. Seeing my family next month has me thrilled, since I've dropped about 50lbs since our last visit. Keeping all my skinny clothes turned out to be a smart move, because a full new wardrobe isn't in my budget. Anyway, I just felt like sharing with like minded peeps who get it. Have a great day ya'll ☺️
 
Great job. I owned a ton of jeans and shirts that didn't fit me. I picked up 4 shirts in XL, and those were the only ones I'd wear on outings. 90% of the shirts now fit, while the jeans will need more weight loss. I put all of it on during a year and a half after retiring. Those retirement beers are a bitch.
 
BNLFL said:

Great job. I owned a ton of jeans and shirts that didn't fit me. I picked up 4 shirts in XL, and those were the only ones I'd wear on outings. 90% of the shirts now fit, while the jeans will need more weight loss. I put all of it on during a year and a half after retiring. Those retirement beers are a bitch.
Haha, beer isn't even something I touch. Ever since I was little, junk food was my downfall! I couldn't even have a ham sandwich unless I crushed Doritoes into it. Growing up, I was always the heavy kid, and it took me this long to finally pull myself together. On top of that, after we retired we went to live on a sailboat, and let me tell you, sailboats are a real challenge for heavier people to handle. Those compartments are extremely small. That's one more reason to shed the weight and make sure it stays gone 👍🏻
 
Great job. Which sailboat do you have? I can't make it out in the photo since it's so small. A number of our friends spent stretches of their lives aboard their boats. We sailed on inland lakes too, back in the day.
 
testyonenow42 said:

Great job. Which sailboat do you have? I can't make it out in the photo since it's so small. A number of our friends spent stretches of their lives aboard their boats. We sailed on inland lakes too, back in the day.
A union 36 is ours; a Mariner 40 is what we live on while the union gets refitted
 
That's really awesome! Huge congrats on dropping all that weight. Shedding some of it by yourself had to be a tough road. Either way, don't stop now — you're nearly there!
 
Back
Top