Getting Ready for Initial Reta Injection

GortBong

Explorer
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Detroit, Michigan
After extensive reading here, I feel ready to take my first dose tomorrow.

There are a couple of things I'd like advice on.

I have an auto pen, and oddly enough, I can't seem to locate a dosage calculator that fits auto pens. Almost every dosing calculator out there is designed for the smaller individual syringes.

Also, since I'm just beginning, which foods should I stay away from? I've read that fried and fatty foods aren't ideal—could someone elaborate on specific foods to avoid?

Thanks,
 
GortBong said:

After extensive reading here, I feel ready to take my first dose tomorrow.

There are a couple of things I'd like advice on.

I have an auto pen, and oddly enough, I can't seem to locate a dosage calculator that fits auto pens. Almost every dosing calculator out there is designed for the smaller individual syringes.

Also, since I'm just beginning, which foods should I stay away from? I've read that fried and fatty foods aren't ideal—could someone elaborate on specific foods to avoid?

Thanks,
I'm not following this. For the most part, dosing calculators are reconstitution calculators. You begin with a volume of reconstitution fluid (mL) and mass of drug (mg), which gives you a concentration in mg/mL, and then you enter the dose you want so it can work out the injection volume for that dose. A specific one for pens or syringes isn't necessary.

Is your pen what's confusing you? Most pens are u-100 (though not all, so check yours)
 
GortBong said:

After extensive reading here, I feel ready to take my first dose tomorrow.

There are a couple of things I'd like advice on.

I have an auto pen, and oddly enough, I can't seem to locate a dosage calculator that fits auto pens. Almost every dosing calculator out there is designed for the smaller individual syringes.

Also, since I'm just beginning, which foods should I stay away from? I've read that fried and fatty foods aren't ideal—could someone elaborate on specific foods to avoid?

Thanks,
From what I understand, the dial on your pen measures in units, with each click equal to 1 unit. For a .25ml dose, you would turn the dial to 25 and press it all the way down. This forum has plenty of reconstitution and dosage calculators. My go-to is this one because it's extremely straightforward and simple. I need simple....https://calc.injectionshop.com/ Before you inject your rat, make sure you have a solid understanding of the common measurements. That is: ml (milliliter) and mg (milligram), and especially wrap your head around decimal points. There are 3 basic syringe sizes: .3ml (30 units), .5ml (50 units), and 1ml (100 units)... The dosing calculators work the same whether you're using syringes or pens.
 
VegetableIce said:

For my own use, insulin syringes feel easier to handle. When using pens, maintaining sterility demands additional caution.

Yesterday, my first pens arrived by mail, and I spent the whole of today testing them out. What sterility concerns with pens require extra caution? I have a few ideas, but I’d rather not make assumptions.
 
Grogu said:

VegetableIce said:

For my own use, insulin syringes feel easier to handle. When using pens, maintaining sterility demands additional caution.

Yesterday, my first pens arrived by mail, and I spent the whole of today testing them out. What sterility concerns with pens require extra caution? I have a few ideas, but I’d rather not make assumptions.
Give your new pens a thorough cycling. They get looser and smoother as a result.
 
Another suggestion: grab a blank pen cartridge, fill it with water, prime the device, then discharge it 2 or 3 times into a syringe without its plunger to confirm the pen delivers the correct dose.
 
GortBong said:

After extensive reading here, I feel ready to take my first dose tomorrow.

There are a couple of things I'd like advice on.

I have an auto pen, and oddly enough, I can't seem to locate a dosage calculator that fits auto pens. Almost every dosing calculator out there is designed for the smaller individual syringes.

Also, since I'm just beginning, which foods should I stay away from? I've read that fried and fatty foods aren't ideal—could someone elaborate on specific foods to avoid?

Thanks,
From my own experience, cream based dishes just don't sit well with me when I'm taking reta — things like pasta alfredo or thai green curry, for example
 
Grogu said:

VegetableIce said:

For my own use, insulin syringes feel easier to handle. When using pens, maintaining sterility demands additional caution.

Yesterday, my first pens arrived by mail, and I spent the whole of today testing them out. What sterility concerns with pens require extra caution? I have a few ideas, but I’d rather not make assumptions.
I don't really get the sterility point, but for me filtering into a cart is way simpler because I'll be filling it regardless. Pens work great for me because I inject BPC and TB4 every day. Priming and injecting them takes under 2 minutes.

What pens did you end up choosing?
 
Estarossa19 said:

Grogu said:

VegetableIce said:

For my own use, insulin syringes feel easier to handle. When using pens, maintaining sterility demands additional caution.

Yesterday, my first pens arrived by mail, and I spent the whole of today testing them out. What sterility concerns with pens require extra caution? I have a few ideas, but I’d rather not make assumptions.
I don't really get the sterility point, but for me filtering into a cart is way simpler because I'll be filling it regardless. Pens work great for me because I inject BPC and TB4 every day. Priming and injecting them takes under 2 minutes.

What pens did you end up choosing?

Right, that sterility remark didn't make sense to me either. One thing I prefer about the cart is that you can get the air out of it, while a vial holds quite a bit of air. And each time we draw from vials, we're adding more air in, again and again. So from my perspective, the pen cartridge ends up being more sterile, not less. Anyway.

Since I wasn't sure whether I'd enjoy pens, manage to use them, or have faith in the dosing, I didn't want to spend much, so I picked up two V2s plus two disposable pens. As it turns out, I really do like pens, so now I'm considering either the Gansulin or the Savvio.
 
skeptick said:

Grogu said:

VegetableIce said:

For my own use, insulin syringes feel easier to handle. When using pens, maintaining sterility demands additional caution.

Yesterday, my first pens arrived by mail, and I spent the whole of today testing them out. What sterility concerns with pens require extra caution? I have a few ideas, but I’d rather not make assumptions.
Give your new pens a thorough cycling. They get looser and smoother as a result.

Appreciate the warning! I will make sure to do that.
 
agussie said:

Another suggestion: grab a blank pen cartridge, fill it with water, prime the device, then discharge it 2 or 3 times into a syringe without its plunger to confirm the pen delivers the correct dose.

A few attempts at this gave me results that seemed way off on the dose. My reaction was basically OMG, these pens are unusable and untrustworthy... What I had been doing was shooting into the empty end of a insulin syringe. After that I came across this on Underground Supply's TG channel, ran a bunch of tests, and the dosing came out perfect. Confidence restored 😂. Keeping the plunger inside works far better.





cfb3132842f5e32faea78bed59e46dde82e82a5183a911a994823097fe3d6dd5.webp
 
Grogu said:

Estarossa19 said:

Grogu said:

VegetableIce said:

For my own use, insulin syringes feel easier to handle. When using pens, maintaining sterility demands additional caution.

Yesterday, my first pens arrived by mail, and I spent the whole of today testing them out. What sterility concerns with pens require extra caution? I have a few ideas, but I’d rather not make assumptions.
I don't really get the sterility point, but for me filtering into a cart is way simpler because I'll be filling it regardless. Pens work great for me because I inject BPC and TB4 every day. Priming and injecting them takes under 2 minutes.

What pens did you end up choosing?

Right, that sterility remark didn't make sense to me either. One thing I prefer about the cart is that you can get the air out of it, while a vial holds quite a bit of air. And each time we draw from vials, we're adding more air in, again and again. So from my perspective, the pen cartridge ends up being more sterile, not less. Anyway.

Since I wasn't sure whether I'd enjoy pens, manage to use them, or have faith in the dosing, I didn't want to spend much, so I picked up two V2s plus two disposable pens. As it turns out, I really do like pens, so now I'm considering either the Gansulin or the Savvio.
I've been working with a set of ConviPens, which are pretty much the same as Gansulins, and believe me — once you've done your first one, you'll be itching to pick up several more. 🤣 The Savviopens do look appealing, though I can't really come up with a good reason to buy one at this stage haha. If you end up choosing one, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
 
Estarossa19 said:


I’ve been using a set of ConviPens which are basically like Gansulins and truuuuust me, after your first one, you’ll definitely want a few more. 🤣 The Savviopens look nice but I'm not sure how to justify getting one at this point haha. Curious how you like it if you go with one!

Click to expand...

Appreciate the tip on ConviPens. I'll check those out as well. I'm not committed to the Savvio.
 
GortBong said:

After extensive reading here, I feel ready to take my first dose tomorrow.

There are a couple of things I'd like advice on.

I have an auto pen, and oddly enough, I can't seem to locate a dosage calculator that fits auto pens. Almost every dosing calculator out there is designed for the smaller individual syringes.

Also, since I'm just beginning, which foods should I stay away from? I've read that fried and fatty foods aren't ideal—could someone elaborate on specific foods to avoid?

Thanks,

When it comes to what you eat, my take is that your system will make its preferences known fast. Before GLP-1’s, I could want greasy or fried meals a lot, but these days just a few bites is all I can manage before I feel completely finished. That pattern keeps dialing down how much I want those foods, and honestly that works out well.
 
Auto pens are all the rage right now. They're enjoyable, and there are tons of brands available. Still, I've stuck with plain syringes from the start.
 
Just get on with the jabbing. Ditch the caution. Be adventurous. In 6 months you will be blindly pinning any peptide in any vial.
 
Grogu said:


Thanks for the heads up about ConviPens. I'll definitely look into those too. I'm not tied to the Savvio.

Click to expand...
My device is a Convipen, so I can't speak to any other option, but the initial injection went smoothly and caused no discomfort
 
Estarossa19 said:


I’ve been using a set of ConviPens which are basically like Gansulins and truuuuust me, after your first one, you’ll definitely want a few more. 🤣 The Savviopens look nice but I'm not sure how to justify getting one at this point haha. Curious how you like it if you go with one!

Click to expand...
Is it possible to use a single pen by changing out cartridges to deliver varying peptide doses?
 
Back
Top