Getting precise measurements for very small unit doses

HouseCat

Explorer
Joined
May 31, 2026
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
I just picked up a bunch of new things — Reta, Eloralintide, Ipamorelin, MOTS-C, and Selank — a mix of kits and individual vials. After running the numbers through reconstitution calculators with 2-3mL of BAC water, a few of these will end up at really tiny unit amounts. Ipamorelin, following the pep-pedia.org protocol at 200mcg per dose, comes out to 8 units. MOTS-C is even smaller: 1.5 units, going by the 200mcg/dose starting protocol from peptidedosages.com.

With tirz I'm accustomed to drawing 28 to 50+ units, depending on how concentrated my compounded stash is. At those volumes it's simple to read the marks, and beyond that, being a unit or 2 off — whether from pushing out extra air during purging or guessing at a spot that isn't on a multiple-of-2 line — doesn't matter much. It's just a minor deviation from my 5mg dose.

But for these tiny amounts, what's your approach to getting small-volume doses as precise as possible? Do you reach for pens? Mix with a larger amount of BAC? Switch to 30-unit syringes? Put on jeweler's loupes, haha? Or is there another trick?
 
For better precision, switch to a syringe with a lower capacity. One that holds .3ml should do the trick.

Personally, I wouldn’t administer an amount that tiny, and I would also mix the dose so that it ends up with a larger volume.
 
woundcarping said:

For better precision, switch to a syringe with a lower capacity. One that holds .3ml should do the trick.

Personally, I wouldn’t administer an amount that tiny, and I would also mix the dose so that it ends up with a larger volume.
Appreciate it! For larger reconstitution volumes, which do you lean toward—5ml or 10ml vials? I keep telling myself I don't want to accumulate too much gear (haha…who am I fooling? I adore gear!)

In my post I used the tiniest doses as examples because I'm only beginning with all these new peptides—what amount are you more at ease with? (whether that's specifically for MOTS-C / Ipamorelin or broadly speaking, like “I plan to kick off at a middle-range dose instead of a starter one.”)
 
HouseCat said:

woundcarping said:

For better precision, switch to a syringe with a lower capacity. One that holds .3ml should do the trick.

Personally, I wouldn’t administer an amount that tiny, and I would also mix the dose so that it ends up with a larger volume.
Appreciate it! For larger reconstitution volumes, which do you lean toward—5ml or 10ml vials? I keep telling myself I don't want to accumulate too much gear (haha…who am I fooling? I adore gear!)

In my post I used the tiniest doses as examples because I'm only beginning with all these new peptides—what amount are you more at ease with? (whether that's specifically for MOTS-C / Ipamorelin or broadly speaking, like “I plan to kick off at a middle-range dose instead of a starter one.”)

It really doesn't make much of a difference, and using several 3ml vials is another option. Cutting down on head space can matter in some situations.

I've never come across a MOTS-C dose expressed in mcg; if or when I use it, mine will be dosed in mg.
 
For small doses, I reach for 0.3 mL and 0.5 mL syringes (or pens that have been checked for accuracy). Sometimes I also add more diluent so that the dose lands in a range that’s easier to measure on the syringe.

Right now, these 0.3 mL syringes are my go-to. They glide smoothly and the unit markings are simple to read.
 
bada bing said:

Has anyone here tried it against something from Easy Touch?

My go-to is Easy Touch almost exclusively, in 29-30g, 5/16-1/2", and .3, .5, and 1ml sizes. I've got nothing to complain about.
 
Honestly, I haven't really compared many options—only Easy Touch plus a few generics that came with a compounding subscription. The Sure Comfort brand mentioned in the link sells for less on Amazon, and that's also my usual place to buy. A box order is coming up for me soon.
 
bada bing said:

Honestly, I haven't really compared many options—only Easy Touch plus a few generics that came with a compounding subscription. The Sure Comfort brand mentioned in the link sells for less on Amazon, and that's also my usual place to buy. A box order is coming up for me soon.
Easy can be found for $14-16/100 from other online sources.
 
bada bing said:

Has anyone here tried it against something from Easy Touch?
Honestly, Easy Touch isn't my favorite, even though most people seem to like them. Sure, they're simple to buy, but in my experience they tend to feel blunt. I still reach for them sometimes—it's honestly not a huge issue—but these days I lean toward the brand I linked, since it's sharp, doesn't pinch, and is straightforward to read. My preference is 29 gauge, mainly because it draws a bit quicker than the thinner options, and I like both 8 mm and 12 mm lengths.
 
For a 0.08ml draw, 0.3 ml syringes work well enough. But once you're down at 0.015ml, accuracy falls apart. How much this matters varies by peptide — the GLP's are the ones where a 10% error can bring on stronger side effects, while for the rest a few percent off is basically irrelevant. That 0.015ml case, though, calls for more dilution. And even using 0.3ml syringes, you'll be within roughly plus or minus 0.01ml at best, and bubbles push the error even higher.
 
HouseCat said:

I just picked up a bunch of new things — Reta, Eloralintide, Ipamorelin, MOTS-C, and Selank — a mix of kits and individual vials. After running the numbers through reconstitution calculators with 2-3mL of BAC water, a few of these will end up at really tiny unit amounts. Ipamorelin, following the pep-pedia.org protocol at 200mcg per dose, comes out to 8 units. MOTS-C is even smaller: 1.5 units, going by the 200mcg/dose starting protocol from peptidedosages.com.

With tirz I'm accustomed to drawing 28 to 50+ units, depending on how concentrated my compounded stash is. At those volumes it's simple to read the marks, and beyond that, being a unit or 2 off — whether from pushing out extra air during purging or guessing at a spot that isn't on a multiple-of-2 line — doesn't matter much. It's just a minor deviation from my 5mg dose.

But for these tiny amounts, what's your approach to getting small-volume doses as precise as possible? Do you reach for pens? Mix with a larger amount of BAC? Switch to 30-unit syringes? Put on jeweler's loupes, haha? Or is there another trick?

A smaller syringe plus greater dilution will help, though a tiny bit of error won't cause harm.

Keep your reference point and plunger position the same every time, and your results will stay consistent—even if they aren't strictly "precise."
 
bada bing said:

Has anyone here tried it against something from Easy Touch?
SureComfort and EasyTouch are both in my stash, but EasyTouch gets my pick. BD outshines both of them, though.

When the dose is really tiny, dilute more. I draw the line at 0.05ml/5 iu—anything below that, I won't pin. My go-to is 3cc/0.3ml syringes, as long as I can keep the shot at 30 iu or less.
 
Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. After reading what you all said, I’ll go with 1) 0.3ml syringes and 2) more BAC water for dilution. Grateful for the input!

@Dos-Dox Appreciate the Sure Comfort syringe suggestion—brand recommendations are always welcome!
 
Whatever the dose, I usually target a shot size between 0.2 and 0.3 mL, so I add sufficient BAC water during mixing to hit that range.
 
Back
Top