Getting a Handle on Testing: Questions from a Newcomer

foxgirl

Explorer
Joined
Jan 10, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
I’ve managed to dig up a bit of information that’s helped me get a grasp on how testing works and the culture around it, but I’d like to pull together a broader, more shared understanding. My hope is that this thread can serve as one spot where other newcomers can find info as well!

My first grey order is currently in transit. I didn’t request a batch number, which I’ve since learned is something people recommend doing. Can I still reach out to the vendor about that and try to track down details on it? My assumption is that before pinning, I’d need to locate a 3rd party (testing server) that has already tested that batch?

And if nothing turns up, what routes do I have for testing? The way I understand it, I’d have to cover the cost of sending it to a 3rd party. When it comes to group testing, does that always go hand in hand with a group buy? Does a group place an order together, samples from that batch get tested, and then everyone receives the results along with their product?

I’ve also noticed vendor testing, Janoshik, COA, and similar terms come up a lot, and I’m wondering whether there are any important differences in how that information is used.

What order of steps works best for you personally, and why?? Any other tips about testing would be great ☺️
 
I lean toward what @Mr. Blonde and @Airborne Daddy do. Grab it and go.

With that said, this is how I see it;

1. A lot of orders come with batch numbers printed on the kit (though not every time). You can contact the vendor, give them your order number and cap color specifically. It won't always get you anywhere.

a. You're free to inject whatever you like. That's what freedom means. Do you run tests on your multivitamin before swallowing it? Your Nutricost creatine? Your 2021 Austin Hope Cab? Your dime bag from the guy selling hydro down the block?

2. Jano isn't the only lab out there. Some are even based in the US. If I were testing my peps one by one, I'd be looking into one of those. Sadly, most vendors will only take Jano's results.

a. It isn't always tied to a GB. It isn't ordered as a group. People put together group testing around a specific vendor and batch. I need to get more familiar with the various communities that run this. Two forum names here I'd suggest contacting ; @littledragon25 and @Retazempic

3. A digital document from a vendor deserves as much trust as the paper it's printed on. Which is to say, none. (Just my opinion.)

4. This whole space feels to me like buying anything else in life. You can dig forever , read reviews, build elaborate spreadsheets, etc. But eventually you have to decide and commit. Nothing you buy comes with certainty. Accept that from the start.
 
yrrdead said:

I lean toward what @Mr. Blonde and @Airborne Daddy do. Grab it and go.

With that said, this is how I see it;

1. A lot of orders come with batch numbers printed on the kit (though not every time). You can contact the vendor, give them your order number and cap color specifically. It won't always get you anywhere.

a. You're free to inject whatever you like. That's what freedom means. Do you run tests on your multivitamin before swallowing it? Your Nutricost creatine? Your 2021 Austin Hope Cab? Your dime bag from the guy selling hydro down the block?

2. Jano isn't the only lab out there. Some are even based in the US. If I were testing my peps one by one, I'd be looking into one of those. Sadly, most vendors will only take Jano's results.

a. It isn't always tied to a GB. It isn't ordered as a group. People put together group testing around a specific vendor and batch. I need to get more familiar with the various communities that run this. Two forum names here I'd suggest contacting ; @littledragon25 and @Retazempic

3. A digital document from a vendor deserves as much trust as the paper it's printed on. Which is to say, none. (Just my opinion.)

4. This whole space feels to me like buying anything else in life. You can dig forever , read reviews, build elaborate spreadsheets, etc. But eventually you have to decide and commit. Nothing you buy comes with certainty. Accept that from the start.
This is really helpful, and I appreciate the sources you included! At this stage I'm basically all in on going for it. On top of that, there's a lot about this community that I find really interesting, so I want to learn about things even if there's a chance I'll never put them to use 😂
 
foxgirl said:

yrrdead said:

I lean toward what @Mr. Blonde and @Airborne Daddy do. Grab it and go.

With that said, this is how I see it;

1. A lot of orders come with batch numbers printed on the kit (though not every time). You can contact the vendor, give them your order number and cap color specifically. It won't always get you anywhere.

a. You're free to inject whatever you like. That's what freedom means. Do you run tests on your multivitamin before swallowing it? Your Nutricost creatine? Your 2021 Austin Hope Cab? Your dime bag from the guy selling hydro down the block?

2. Jano isn't the only lab out there. Some are even based in the US. If I were testing my peps one by one, I'd be looking into one of those. Sadly, most vendors will only take Jano's results.

a. It isn't always tied to a GB. It isn't ordered as a group. People put together group testing around a specific vendor and batch. I need to get more familiar with the various communities that run this. Two forum names here I'd suggest contacting ; @littledragon25 and @Retazempic

3. A digital document from a vendor deserves as much trust as the paper it's printed on. Which is to say, none. (Just my opinion.)

4. This whole space feels to me like buying anything else in life. You can dig forever , read reviews, build elaborate spreadsheets, etc. But eventually you have to decide and commit. Nothing you buy comes with certainty. Accept that from the start.
This is really helpful, and I appreciate the sources you included! At this stage I'm basically all in on going for it. On top of that, there's a lot about this community that I find really interesting, so I want to learn about things even if there's a chance I'll never put them to use 😂
You are absolutely going to go for it!!!!! 😅🤣😂

I figured I would feel wary about gray — genuinely unsure and careful. And that's exactly how it was. But once the bug got me, the fear just isn't there anymore. Now I'm itching to test ipamorelin, hgh and mots-c. And I REALLY want to start using that klow I just received. Zero hesitation at this point — all that stuff and more is stashed in the big freezer, let's go!!!!!!!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

foxgirl said:

yrrdead said:

I lean toward what @Mr. Blonde and @Airborne Daddy do. Grab it and go.

With that said, this is how I see it;

1. A lot of orders come with batch numbers printed on the kit (though not every time). You can contact the vendor, give them your order number and cap color specifically. It won't always get you anywhere.

a. You're free to inject whatever you like. That's what freedom means. Do you run tests on your multivitamin before swallowing it? Your Nutricost creatine? Your 2021 Austin Hope Cab? Your dime bag from the guy selling hydro down the block?

2. Jano isn't the only lab out there. Some are even based in the US. If I were testing my peps one by one, I'd be looking into one of those. Sadly, most vendors will only take Jano's results.

a. It isn't always tied to a GB. It isn't ordered as a group. People put together group testing around a specific vendor and batch. I need to get more familiar with the various communities that run this. Two forum names here I'd suggest contacting ; @littledragon25 and @Retazempic

3. A digital document from a vendor deserves as much trust as the paper it's printed on. Which is to say, none. (Just my opinion.)

4. This whole space feels to me like buying anything else in life. You can dig forever , read reviews, build elaborate spreadsheets, etc. But eventually you have to decide and commit. Nothing you buy comes with certainty. Accept that from the start.
This is really helpful, and I appreciate the sources you included! At this stage I'm basically all in on going for it. On top of that, there's a lot about this community that I find really interesting, so I want to learn about things even if there's a chance I'll never put them to use 😂
You are absolutely going to go for it!!!!! 😅🤣😂

I figured I would feel wary about gray — genuinely unsure and careful. And that's exactly how it was. But once the bug got me, the fear just isn't there anymore. Now I'm itching to test ipamorelin, hgh and mots-c. And I REALLY want to start using that klow I just received. Zero hesitation at this point — all that stuff and more is stashed in the big freezer, let's go!!!!!!!
I had planned to start with just Reta and see how things went, but ended up buying 3 items right away 😂 I’m all set for it!
 
You’re still able to request the batch number from the vendor—they might provide it, though you won’t have certainty until the order arrives. A number of vendors run their own testing communities, so it’s worth looking at their Discord or Telegram to see if others are posting test results. Since STGs testing server was taken down, any batch-specific group that might have existed will be tougher to locate until it returns.
 
It's still rare rather than typical for vendors to sell products with sensible batch numbers. While a few do provide them, the majority do not. When that's the case, you end up relying on cap color plus the rough date you bought it to identify a batch.

After you join testing servers, you'll start to get a sense of which vendors are commonly tested.

US labs are plentiful, yet it seems like every single one has some critical weakness that puts it below Janoshik. Trustpointe is a solid option within the US, though the variety of peptides they're able to test is narrow, so I'd only turn to them if nothing else was available.
 
Can't recall where that list of US testing labs came from, or whether it's accurate, but it seemed worth passing along.
 
For testing to make financial sense on my end, I'd have to pick up several kits at once, and once the testing fees are factored in, the per-vial price needs to drop low enough that it's actually worthwhile.

On top of that, I'm a skeptic by nature. I'd rather send samples to a lab that isn't on the usual list the vendors themselves push, because in the end their motivation is profit, while ours is research that's both safe and high quality. There are a handful of solid US-based options — some might ask for an llc, and others cater to independent researchers.

My first batch was grey, and I'm glad I had it tested, since it came back at 0%. Probably a good idea to test whenever you're dealing with a new source.
 
Back
Top