Genotropin GoQuick dial not clicking past the first dose

Cgrey80

Explorer
Joined
Dec 4, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida, USA
Picked up from a reputable seller. Unexpired, and it's a manufacturer Genotropin 12mg GoQuick Pen of somatropin — 12mg of somatropin, dialable in 0.3mg increments using the pen's dial. My first one. Insulin pens and manufacturer pens for other items I've used before, but Genotropin is new to me.

For anyone who doesn't know: two chambers sit pre-loaded in the cartridge, lyophilized somatropin in one and reconstitution solution in the other. Markings on the cartridges get twisted from positions A to B to C, merging both chambers and reconstituting the somatropin. After that you attach a disposable insulin needle and prime the pen.

Every one of those steps went fine, yet the dial won't click past the initial 0.3mg dose, and the dial that should indicate those doses doesn't move at all. So either 0.3mg is all I can dose, or the dial really is going up and I simply can't see exactly how much I'm dosing. I lean towards the latter, because the markings on the chamber already show a couple of MGs depleted. That's getting really iffy — if it's true, I wouldn't really know how much went in with each jab until I pull the pen out of my stomach and check what's left in the cartridge!

Naturally, I'm reaching out to the seller. In the meantime though, I was curious whether anyone here has run into this, and whether it's a known manufacturing fault with these pens. Here's a video of what I mean here.
 
Precisely why these pens put me off and why I went back to insulin syringes. Sure, a pen simplifies life a little (I suppose), but it adds mechanical complexity — in other words, more ways for things to go wrong.

A faulty pen shouldn't be the reason I under-dose, or worse, over-dose.
 
Back
Top