Gastric Sleeve and Reta

I underwent VSG 16 years back, and my restriction remains fairly solid. Still, when I used Tirz 2 years ago, the pounds came off me once more. For no particular reason, I made the change to Reta, yet I have managed to keep all of it from returning. My dose is 10mg every 6 days
 
tubby said:

A lot of folks think the only reason bariatric procedures cause weight loss is that the stomach gets smaller. That factor matters, yes, but there is more going on. Typically the operation also cuts through at least some of the vagus nerve, and that nerve is what carries satiety hormone signals — GLP-1 being 1 example — from the digestive tract up to the brain, a process known as afferent signaling. When that afferent signaling is reduced or wiped out, it contributes heavily to the weight loss. Rodent studies back this up: when researchers operated so that the stomach was untouched and only the nerve was cut, the animals still dropped a substantial amount of weight.

Another member here reported that, in their own case at least, this made the effects of bariatric surgery and a GLP additive, and they went on to lose a great deal more weight with a GLP after their surgery-related loss had plateaued. I would not count on your experience mirroring theirs, but it is certainly something we can hope for on your behalf.
I underwent gastric bypass, and after I'd completely recovered, my hunger cues returned just like they were previously. Naturally, I consumed less since I'd fill up faster. Sadly, the psychological "food noise" problem isn't solved by it. I ended up "eating around" the bypass and put all the weight back on (it was a slow process, but it did happen. My cousin went through the same.). Food noise is helped enormously by the GLP1.
 
Wecandothis said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

alphaamigo said:

One week in, so here's a small update. For week 1, I chose to split it into two 1mg doses; week 2 begins tomorrow with one 2mg dose. My intention is to stay at 2mg for 4 weeks, then very likely move to 4mg, and after that not raise it further unless there's a need. (Plenty of good guidance has come my way about saving titration upward for last rather than reaching for it first.)

Even so — wow. This is something I really like. Food aversion has been 0%, and that was the absolute worst part of tirz. So far I can think about food and eat without issue, yet the satisfaction I get while eating is fantastic. Maybe it's in my head, but there's a warmth inside me, somewhat like being in ketosis — except I'm not eating low carb, just high protein. By my own sense, I've eaten a lot, but the scale is already moving: 3lbs gone in week 1.

Being able to eat matters a lot to me. With tirz, feeling disgusted by food was something I truly disliked. Meanwhile, food noise has basically vanished, I'm eating an amount I consider healthy, and the satisfaction sticks with me.

Does anyone else recognize this?

BTW, in case you're wondering why I already intend to increase at 4 weeks: it's to reach what research indicates is an effective dose for the 3rd glucagon receptor. Should that prove too strong, I will definitely lower it. My hope is that 4mg becomes my long-term dose.
Reta left me pretty ravenous right up until I reached 6.0. Because of that, I brought tirz into the mix to deal with the appetite. Protocol was never something I stuck to. I still take both, and my Reta dose is 8 now.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your tirz dosage, and how do you plan out your pins?
I follow a somewhat unusual dosing pattern. I take 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta, then 2 days afterward 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta.
Tirz has been part of my routine for some time now. My most recent injection was Friday, 3.5mg. Today I took my first dose of Reta at 1mg. My plan is more or less identical to yours, except for the moment I'm keeping tirz as the larger piece and using Reta as the extra push.
 
domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

alphaamigo said:

One week in, so here's a small update. For week 1, I chose to split it into two 1mg doses; week 2 begins tomorrow with one 2mg dose. My intention is to stay at 2mg for 4 weeks, then very likely move to 4mg, and after that not raise it further unless there's a need. (Plenty of good guidance has come my way about saving titration upward for last rather than reaching for it first.)

Even so — wow. This is something I really like. Food aversion has been 0%, and that was the absolute worst part of tirz. So far I can think about food and eat without issue, yet the satisfaction I get while eating is fantastic. Maybe it's in my head, but there's a warmth inside me, somewhat like being in ketosis — except I'm not eating low carb, just high protein. By my own sense, I've eaten a lot, but the scale is already moving: 3lbs gone in week 1.

Being able to eat matters a lot to me. With tirz, feeling disgusted by food was something I truly disliked. Meanwhile, food noise has basically vanished, I'm eating an amount I consider healthy, and the satisfaction sticks with me.

Does anyone else recognize this?

BTW, in case you're wondering why I already intend to increase at 4 weeks: it's to reach what research indicates is an effective dose for the 3rd glucagon receptor. Should that prove too strong, I will definitely lower it. My hope is that 4mg becomes my long-term dose.
Reta left me pretty ravenous right up until I reached 6.0. Because of that, I brought tirz into the mix to deal with the appetite. Protocol was never something I stuck to. I still take both, and my Reta dose is 8 now.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your tirz dosage, and how do you plan out your pins?
I follow a somewhat unusual dosing pattern. I take 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta, then 2 days afterward 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta.
Tirz has been part of my routine for some time now. My most recent injection was Friday, 3.5mg. Today I took my first dose of Reta at 1mg. My plan is more or less identical to yours, except for the moment I'm keeping tirz as the larger piece and using Reta as the extra push.
Take your time ramping up Reta. There's no need to hurry, and it does come with side effects.
 
domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

alphaamigo said:

One week in, so here's a small update. For week 1, I chose to split it into two 1mg doses; week 2 begins tomorrow with one 2mg dose. My intention is to stay at 2mg for 4 weeks, then very likely move to 4mg, and after that not raise it further unless there's a need. (Plenty of good guidance has come my way about saving titration upward for last rather than reaching for it first.)

Even so — wow. This is something I really like. Food aversion has been 0%, and that was the absolute worst part of tirz. So far I can think about food and eat without issue, yet the satisfaction I get while eating is fantastic. Maybe it's in my head, but there's a warmth inside me, somewhat like being in ketosis — except I'm not eating low carb, just high protein. By my own sense, I've eaten a lot, but the scale is already moving: 3lbs gone in week 1.

Being able to eat matters a lot to me. With tirz, feeling disgusted by food was something I truly disliked. Meanwhile, food noise has basically vanished, I'm eating an amount I consider healthy, and the satisfaction sticks with me.

Does anyone else recognize this?

BTW, in case you're wondering why I already intend to increase at 4 weeks: it's to reach what research indicates is an effective dose for the 3rd glucagon receptor. Should that prove too strong, I will definitely lower it. My hope is that 4mg becomes my long-term dose.
Reta left me pretty ravenous right up until I reached 6.0. Because of that, I brought tirz into the mix to deal with the appetite. Protocol was never something I stuck to. I still take both, and my Reta dose is 8 now.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your tirz dosage, and how do you plan out your pins?
I follow a somewhat unusual dosing pattern. I take 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta, then 2 days afterward 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta.
Tirz has been part of my routine for some time now. My most recent injection was Friday, 3.5mg. Today I took my first dose of Reta at 1mg. My plan is more or less identical to yours, except for the moment I'm keeping tirz as the larger piece and using Reta as the extra push.
When Reta is doing its job, the results feel almost unrealistically simple. The bulk of my 2nd round of weight loss came from compounded Tirz, then I brought Reta in and was running it by itself after roughly a month. At 4mg I dropped 23lbs in a single month, though I'll admit I had my routine locked in and was taking a decent amount of NAD+ to keep my energy up.

This morning I got on the scale and had to get right back off. There's still work ahead, so today I'm bumping Reta to 5mg, can't weight. Took my Husky out for a 45 minute walk. My shoulder is something I'm trying to protect, so ideally I won't need to hire a dog walker next week.





73f10a5fd4e05545a802785223bee160c2d443c954993d7a321dfa6767ac1a73.webp
 
Once that sling is removed, it's tough — the brain immediately goes "great, the arm's free to use!" Nope, not happening lol

So far I've had just 1 dose of Reta, and tonight is my Tirz. Fingers crossed that as things settle back into something close to "normal," the post-surgery rebound will start coming off.
 
Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post makes me hopeful. No big changes so far, but I eased in gradually.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

**ETA: Forget it, I spotted your dose 😉
 
OGPezPez said:

Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post makes me hopeful. No big changes so far, but I eased in gradually.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

**ETA: Forget it, I spotted your dose 😉
I combine Reta with tirz. My surgeon is fully on board with using GLPs to reach goal. 2.0 tirz plus 7.0 Reta. Overeating is basically impossible for me, yet the weight loss stalled—it leveled off post-surgery and then began slowly returning,
 
OGPezPez said:

Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post makes me hopeful. No big changes so far, but I eased in gradually.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

**ETA: Forget it, I spotted your dose 😉
Reta for roughly 1 1/2 full years
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

alphaamigo said:

One week in, so here's a small update. For week 1, I chose to split it into two 1mg doses; week 2 begins tomorrow with one 2mg dose. My intention is to stay at 2mg for 4 weeks, then very likely move to 4mg, and after that not raise it further unless there's a need. (Plenty of good guidance has come my way about saving titration upward for last rather than reaching for it first.)

Even so — wow. This is something I really like. Food aversion has been 0%, and that was the absolute worst part of tirz. So far I can think about food and eat without issue, yet the satisfaction I get while eating is fantastic. Maybe it's in my head, but there's a warmth inside me, somewhat like being in ketosis — except I'm not eating low carb, just high protein. By my own sense, I've eaten a lot, but the scale is already moving: 3lbs gone in week 1.

Being able to eat matters a lot to me. With tirz, feeling disgusted by food was something I truly disliked. Meanwhile, food noise has basically vanished, I'm eating an amount I consider healthy, and the satisfaction sticks with me.

Does anyone else recognize this?

BTW, in case you're wondering why I already intend to increase at 4 weeks: it's to reach what research indicates is an effective dose for the 3rd glucagon receptor. Should that prove too strong, I will definitely lower it. My hope is that 4mg becomes my long-term dose.
Reta left me pretty ravenous right up until I reached 6.0. Because of that, I brought tirz into the mix to deal with the appetite. Protocol was never something I stuck to. I still take both, and my Reta dose is 8 now.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your tirz dosage, and how do you plan out your pins?
I follow a somewhat unusual dosing pattern. I take 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta, then 2 days afterward 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta.
Tirz has been part of my routine for some time now. My most recent injection was Friday, 3.5mg. Today I took my first dose of Reta at 1mg. My plan is more or less identical to yours, except for the moment I'm keeping tirz as the larger piece and using Reta as the extra push.
When Reta is doing its job, the results feel almost unrealistically simple. The bulk of my 2nd round of weight loss came from compounded Tirz, then I brought Reta in and was running it by itself after roughly a month. At 4mg I dropped 23lbs in a single month, though I'll admit I had my routine locked in and was taking a decent amount of NAD+ to keep my energy up.

This morning I got on the scale and had to get right back off. There's still work ahead, so today I'm bumping Reta to 5mg, can't weight. Took my Husky out for a 45 minute walk. My shoulder is something I'm trying to protect, so ideally I won't need to hire a dog walker next week.





View attachment 11494
I adore your little one — was it a shoulder operation you went through? I had one 2 years back.
 
Wecandothis said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

alphaamigo said:

One week in, so here's a small update. For week 1, I chose to split it into two 1mg doses; week 2 begins tomorrow with one 2mg dose. My intention is to stay at 2mg for 4 weeks, then very likely move to 4mg, and after that not raise it further unless there's a need. (Plenty of good guidance has come my way about saving titration upward for last rather than reaching for it first.)

Even so — wow. This is something I really like. Food aversion has been 0%, and that was the absolute worst part of tirz. So far I can think about food and eat without issue, yet the satisfaction I get while eating is fantastic. Maybe it's in my head, but there's a warmth inside me, somewhat like being in ketosis — except I'm not eating low carb, just high protein. By my own sense, I've eaten a lot, but the scale is already moving: 3lbs gone in week 1.

Being able to eat matters a lot to me. With tirz, feeling disgusted by food was something I truly disliked. Meanwhile, food noise has basically vanished, I'm eating an amount I consider healthy, and the satisfaction sticks with me.

Does anyone else recognize this?

BTW, in case you're wondering why I already intend to increase at 4 weeks: it's to reach what research indicates is an effective dose for the 3rd glucagon receptor. Should that prove too strong, I will definitely lower it. My hope is that 4mg becomes my long-term dose.
Reta left me pretty ravenous right up until I reached 6.0. Because of that, I brought tirz into the mix to deal with the appetite. Protocol was never something I stuck to. I still take both, and my Reta dose is 8 now.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your tirz dosage, and how do you plan out your pins?
I follow a somewhat unusual dosing pattern. I take 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta, then 2 days afterward 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta.
Tirz has been part of my routine for some time now. My most recent injection was Friday, 3.5mg. Today I took my first dose of Reta at 1mg. My plan is more or less identical to yours, except for the moment I'm keeping tirz as the larger piece and using Reta as the extra push.
When Reta is doing its job, the results feel almost unrealistically simple. The bulk of my 2nd round of weight loss came from compounded Tirz, then I brought Reta in and was running it by itself after roughly a month. At 4mg I dropped 23lbs in a single month, though I'll admit I had my routine locked in and was taking a decent amount of NAD+ to keep my energy up.

This morning I got on the scale and had to get right back off. There's still work ahead, so today I'm bumping Reta to 5mg, can't weight. Took my Husky out for a 45 minute walk. My shoulder is something I'm trying to protect, so ideally I won't need to hire a dog walker next week.





View attachment 11494
I adore your little one — was it a shoulder operation you went through? I had one 2 years back.
Appreciate it — he does make us a bit full of ourselves. Roughly 6 weeks back, on my right shoulder, I had 3 rotator tears addressed with a collagen patch, plus bicep tenodesis and labral repair. That was the good shoulder; the left one is still waiting its turn.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

Wecandothis said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

domin8brix said:

Wecandothis said:

alphaamigo said:

One week in, so here's a small update. For week 1, I chose to split it into two 1mg doses; week 2 begins tomorrow with one 2mg dose. My intention is to stay at 2mg for 4 weeks, then very likely move to 4mg, and after that not raise it further unless there's a need. (Plenty of good guidance has come my way about saving titration upward for last rather than reaching for it first.)

Even so — wow. This is something I really like. Food aversion has been 0%, and that was the absolute worst part of tirz. So far I can think about food and eat without issue, yet the satisfaction I get while eating is fantastic. Maybe it's in my head, but there's a warmth inside me, somewhat like being in ketosis — except I'm not eating low carb, just high protein. By my own sense, I've eaten a lot, but the scale is already moving: 3lbs gone in week 1.

Being able to eat matters a lot to me. With tirz, feeling disgusted by food was something I truly disliked. Meanwhile, food noise has basically vanished, I'm eating an amount I consider healthy, and the satisfaction sticks with me.

Does anyone else recognize this?

BTW, in case you're wondering why I already intend to increase at 4 weeks: it's to reach what research indicates is an effective dose for the 3rd glucagon receptor. Should that prove too strong, I will definitely lower it. My hope is that 4mg becomes my long-term dose.
Reta left me pretty ravenous right up until I reached 6.0. Because of that, I brought tirz into the mix to deal with the appetite. Protocol was never something I stuck to. I still take both, and my Reta dose is 8 now.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your tirz dosage, and how do you plan out your pins?
I follow a somewhat unusual dosing pattern. I take 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta, then 2 days afterward 1 mg tirz, then 2 days afterward 3 mg Reta.
Tirz has been part of my routine for some time now. My most recent injection was Friday, 3.5mg. Today I took my first dose of Reta at 1mg. My plan is more or less identical to yours, except for the moment I'm keeping tirz as the larger piece and using Reta as the extra push.
When Reta is doing its job, the results feel almost unrealistically simple. The bulk of my 2nd round of weight loss came from compounded Tirz, then I brought Reta in and was running it by itself after roughly a month. At 4mg I dropped 23lbs in a single month, though I'll admit I had my routine locked in and was taking a decent amount of NAD+ to keep my energy up.

This morning I got on the scale and had to get right back off. There's still work ahead, so today I'm bumping Reta to 5mg, can't weight. Took my Husky out for a 45 minute walk. My shoulder is something I'm trying to protect, so ideally I won't need to hire a dog walker next week.





View attachment 11494
I adore your little one — was it a shoulder operation you went through? I had one 2 years back.
Appreciate it — he does make us a bit full of ourselves. Roughly 6 weeks back, on my right shoulder, I had 3 rotator tears addressed with a collagen patch, plus bicep tenodesis and labral repair. That was the good shoulder; the left one is still waiting its turn.
I had a Bicep tendon repair too. That part wasn't terrible. However… my shoulder still hurts quite a bit! Arthritis has developed
 
Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, thanks for sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post has given me hope. Nothing big so far, but I began at a low dose.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

Wecandothis said:

OGPezPez said:

Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post makes me hopeful. No big changes so far, but I eased in gradually.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

**ETA: Forget it, I spotted your dose 😉
I combine Reta with tirz. My surgeon is fully on board with using GLPs to reach goal. 2.0 tirz plus 7.0 Reta. Overeating is basically impossible for me, yet the weight loss stalled—it leveled off post-surgery and then began slowly returning,
Same here, my pouch is still intact and I still dump (thankfully). I was literally beginning to believe this wouldn't work because of the RNY, then I came across this. Thanks a ton!

I'm also getting my own labs through Ulta. I'm extremely careful with my labs after nearly dying from a potassium deficiency soon after my RNY. So I won't change any doses until I run some basic labs to confirm I'm not ruining everything else I've worked so hard to biohack.
 
OGPezPez said:

Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, thanks for sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post has given me hope. Nothing big so far, but I began at a low dose.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

Wecandothis said:

OGPezPez said:

Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post makes me hopeful. No big changes so far, but I eased in gradually.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

**ETA: Forget it, I spotted your dose 😉
I combine Reta with tirz. My surgeon is fully on board with using GLPs to reach goal. 2.0 tirz plus 7.0 Reta. Overeating is basically impossible for me, yet the weight loss stalled—it leveled off post-surgery and then began slowly returning,
Same here, my pouch is still intact and I still dump (thankfully). I was literally beginning to believe this wouldn't work because of the RNY, then I came across this. Thanks a ton!

I'm also getting my own labs through Ulta. I'm extremely careful with my labs after nearly dying from a potassium deficiency soon after my RNY. So I won't change any doses until I run some basic labs to confirm I'm not ruining everything else I've worked so hard to biohack.
Reta has been part of my routine for 1 1/2 years now. I'm sitting 3 pounds below my target. Reaching a number this low never seemed possible for me.
 
alphaamigo said:

Had a sleeve procedure 10 years back. It brought me to a point I'm fine with, though I'm hoping Reta can assist me in getting my BMI below 30. To me, it looks like a pretty clear beneficial combo. Does anyone have firsthand experience with this?
Had VSG 5 years back. Haven't tried Reta, though Sema and Tirz worked well for me.
 
My sleeve was done 12 years back. And just like a lot of people, I found ways to eat around it. For me the issue wasn't volume. For years I could barely keep anything down without vomiting it right back up. What I was putting in my body was the real issue — I was a full-on junk food addict. I'd graze constantly on junk, snack cakes and chips from morning to night. The cravings were relentless; my mind would keep circling back to a candy bar sitting in the fridge. When I wasn't actually eating junk, I was obsessing over it. I had stashes of junk food hidden all over the place. It was pathetic. Then I began Tirz, and it felt as though a switch flipped inside my head. That junk food stopped mattering to me at all. These days I focus on protein and hydration, but those thoughts don't hijack my brain anymore. I can recall thinking 'so this is what normal feels like'. GLPs rescued me, and I only wish I'd had them sooner in my life.
 
OGPezPez said:

Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, thanks for sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post has given me hope. Nothing big so far, but I began at a low dose.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

Wecandothis said:

OGPezPez said:

Wecandothis said:

I underwent RNY 22 years back. Eating large amounts has never been possible for me. My restriction lasts forever. Even so, my weight loss halted once the first year after surgery passed. I even regained a few pounds. GLPs turned things around for me, at last I shed the last 40 pounds and dropped under my target weight. The results were amazing. My journey went sema, then tirz, then Reta.
Mine was done on 9/11/2001 - crazy date, huh? Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this. I gave sema a shot for 3 weeks (lol!) and figured it wasn't doing anything due to my RNY and the tiny amounts I eat. Now I'm in week 4, possibly 5, of reta and reading your post makes me hopeful. No big changes so far, but I eased in gradually.

How long have you been using Reta, and at what dose?

**ETA: Forget it, I spotted your dose 😉
I combine Reta with tirz. My surgeon is fully on board with using GLPs to reach goal. 2.0 tirz plus 7.0 Reta. Overeating is basically impossible for me, yet the weight loss stalled—it leveled off post-surgery and then began slowly returning,
Same here, my pouch is still intact and I still dump (thankfully). I was literally beginning to believe this wouldn't work because of the RNY, then I came across this. Thanks a ton!

I'm also getting my own labs through Ulta. I'm extremely careful with my labs after nearly dying from a potassium deficiency soon after my RNY. So I won't change any doses until I run some basic labs to confirm I'm not ruining everything else I've worked so hard to biohack.
Thankfully I don’t dump, but my intake is extremely limited
 
alphaamigo said:

Had a sleeve procedure 10 years back. It brought me to a point I'm fine with, though I'm hoping Reta can assist me in getting my BMI below 30. To me, it looks like a pretty clear beneficial combo. Does anyone have firsthand experience with this?
Back in 2008 I underwent RNY, and starting Jan 2026 I've been on Reta. I'm really pleased with how things are going in shedding some of the pounds I put back on due to poor eating patterns that began around 2020 after covid.

Sure, it's a different operation, but I've come across many people who had bariatric procedures before and are doing really well with GLP overall.
 
Back
Top