The sour flavor is distinct. Using a starter for a long fermentation instead of yeast introduces specific bacteria that support digestion and gut floraSmiter said:
Interesting... sourdough is something I've never actually tasted. What makes it stand out?RetCurious said:
If that entered my kitchen, I'd be done for — proper sourdough is the one thing I can't resist.WLBLD said:
The wraps available these days are excellent and pack a ton of fiber!!sheilarae74 said:
Keto bread options have improved a lot compared to earlier days. Once I began reta, I quit all of that and switched to Ezekiel 4:9 items. Even now, I occasionally enjoy making carnivore flatbread and microwave muffin cups. After all, I still need to put all my cooking equipment to use, lol.lastresort said:
I remember the early days of keto becoming a thing in diet culture. People were attempting bread with every imaginable substitute...coconut flour, psyllium husk, soy fiber, flax seed, and so on. None of them worked for me. It genuinely frustrates me that keto bread brands are still putting out such terrible-tasting products.sheilarae74 said:
Back when I was on keto, I did this frequently. It costs a lot, but it pays off, since you're able to create dishes that taste every bit as good as the high carb ones.
After a lot of trial and error, I've landed on 4 ingredients that each bring different fiber profiles plus added glutens, and together they give me the best appearance and taste.
On top of that, I bake sourdough completely from scratch multiple times every week.
/What San Francisco is actually famous for.
Alright alright, so you can read minds as well, and my thoughts are an open book to you. lolWLBLD said:
We make
Here we prepare a wide variety of dishes from different cultures. If it doesn't taste good, I won't bother eating it, ha ha. Chinese, Jamaican, Indian, Italian, Korean, and so on. Flavor is a must—no bland meals in this house!! ha haSmiter said:
Fellow connoisseur, our paths cross once more!!!!WLBLD said:
lastresort said:
For chicken salad, I've discovered that replacing 50% of the mayo with sour cream works just as well. The mild tang actually lightens things up by balancing out the heaviness of the mayo.WLBLD said:
For cream- or mayo-style sauces and dressings, Greek yogurt works really well as a base.
I used to bake sweet potato brownies that turned out great. It's been ages since I last made them.
Greek yogurt works as a replacement for the sour cream as well. Cabot is the one I like best (it has a milder flavor and a very thick texture).Smiter said:
green cardamom, zaatar, sumac, hungarian sweet paprika, spring onion oil, curry leaf...you can thank me laterlastresort said:
For chicken salad, I've discovered that replacing 50% of the mayo with sour cream works just as well. The mild tang actually lightens things up by balancing out the heaviness of the mayo.WLBLD said:
For cream- or mayo-style sauces and dressings, Greek yogurt works really well as a base.
I used to bake sweet potato brownies that turned out great. It's been ages since I last made them.
Yum! Scallions, garlic & cilantro are great additions too!!![]()
By the way, have Sumac, Zataar, star anise, bay leaf, rose water, white poppy seeds, mace, and similar things ever been on your list to try?
Ha ha. Yea, Ive given plenty of those spices a go. There are so many varieties available here as well. Hummus I make from scratch, star anise & bay leaf go into my Chinese chili oil, bay leaves appear in Cuban style black beans or Ropa vieja, Rice & peas + many others, Rose water shows up in Jamaican Christmas cake or bun etc, Mustard oil, Kasuri meethii etc for Butter Chicken etc, Kefir Lime leaves for Thai dishes, etc. Authentic ingredients & recipes are what I prefer