MTSpace
Explorer
My wife began Semaglutide through the gray market, and now her doctor is recommending Tirzepatide.
The doctor doesn’t know she recently started Semaglutide, but we went over the pros and cons of both, and he prefers Tirzepatide for her. We’ve submitted a request to insurance for the Tirz, and I wanted to see if anyone has advice about making the switch. We won’t find out until the end of June whether insurance will cover Tirz for her.
Should she quit Sema now, even though it isn’t certain she’ll get Tirz through insurance? Or should I move her to Tirz now and transition to the doctor-prescribed version over the summer? Or might we have to remain gray if insurance denies it.
Any experiences or suggestions would be appreciated.
The doctor doesn’t know she recently started Semaglutide, but we went over the pros and cons of both, and he prefers Tirzepatide for her. We’ve submitted a request to insurance for the Tirz, and I wanted to see if anyone has advice about making the switch. We won’t find out until the end of June whether insurance will cover Tirz for her.
Should she quit Sema now, even though it isn’t certain she’ll get Tirz through insurance? Or should I move her to Tirz now and transition to the doctor-prescribed version over the summer? Or might we have to remain gray if insurance denies it.
Any experiences or suggestions would be appreciated.