Freezing or no freezing?

kazza94x

Explorer
Joined
May 25, 2026
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Location
Nunya
Hey everyone, quick question for the group: is it okay to put reconstituted reta, cag, and similar into the freezer? I've looked around the forum but haven't come across anything, so I'm hoping the brains trust can please help.

Many thanks x
 
No.

Peptides in freeze-dried (powder) form are fine to freeze, though this is usually only needed when storing them for a long time.

After reconstitution, keep peptides in the refrigerator between 2–8°C.

Bac-water helps keep the solution sterile for up to 4 weeks.
 
Certain ones have undergone testing — after being reconstituted, Tirz is able to go through freezing a few times. A hotel fridge ended up freezing mine, yet it remained effective in my case. As for the rest, definitely not.

This was discussed in a previous thread... (check the attachment there)




Tirz Freezing/Defrosting



Saving time; cutting down on waste from a 30 mL bac vial once opened. That convenience for users is the reason pharma companies have earned trillions from extended-release pills, and why they're earning trillions from weekly instead of daily GLP-1 injectables, and why they're working on monthly GLP-1 injectables...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
nitetrak said:

Certain ones have undergone testing — after being reconstituted, Tirz is able to go through freezing a few times. A hotel fridge ended up freezing mine, yet it remained effective in my case. As for the rest, definitely not.

This was discussed in a previous thread... (check the attachment there)




Tirz Freezing/Defrosting



Saving time; cutting down on waste from a 30 mL bac vial once opened. That convenience for users is the reason pharma companies have earned trillions from extended-release pills, and why they're earning trillions from weekly instead of daily GLP-1 injectables, and why they're working on monthly GLP-1 injectables...

View attachment 11010


GLP1Chat.com
Peptides can be harmed by freeze-thaw cycles, and how much depends on which peptide it is.

Tirz may be more resilient, but her question was about Reta and Carg. For research-grade, reconstituted preparations, there is no stability data available to the public. Once reconstituted, refrigeration is the recommended way to store them instead of freezing, since freezing could impact peptide stability or potency as time passes.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks a lot — when it comes to freezing peptides that haven't been reconstituted, the info is all over the place. One moment people say not to, then it's supposedly okay. I'll put the ones I'm currently waiting for into the freezer. Thanks once more 🙂 that article will come in handy if I decide to change peptides.
 
When ice crystals develop, a portion of the peptides will degrade. How large that portion is comes down to the sequence.

Highly concentrated peptide “bubbles” can form, and within them aggregation takes place, largely via hydrophobic interactions; after thawing they persist as clusters or fibrils. The mildest outcome is that they become inactive, while the worst is that they set off immune reactions.

You do not freeze a solution without something to stabilize it, like glycerol, and without a surfactant such as polysorbate to stop aggregates from forming.
 
kazza94x said:

Thanks a lot — when it comes to freezing peptides that haven't been reconstituted, the info is all over the place. One moment people say not to, then it's supposedly okay. I'll put the ones I'm currently waiting for into the freezer. Thanks once more 🙂 that article will come in handy if I decide to change peptides.
Depends how trustworthy your sources are. Reddit? Then you will definitely drive yourself crazy.

Suppliers have been asked by quite a few of us whether trehalose gets added to the mannitol in the excipient. Responses are awaited. (There is a link to a scientific article in this post).




Whole body itching after a shot... palms went red and itched like crazy... HELP



So klow, CJC-1295 with Ipamorelin, and Tesamorelin have all been in the rotation. Once it turned out Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 are effectively the same job, I moved over to CJC. Both of them (cjc and tesa) though were giving me major welt-like, itchy spots at every injection site, and...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com

For now, my (still small) stock stays in the fridge until an answer about the excipients arrives.
 
My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
 
Reta that's already been reconstituted should not go in the freezer. The lyophilized form is okay to freeze. After mixing, mine stay in the fridge. On mixing day, I pull them straight from the freezer and set them on my mix tray. By the point I'm ready to add the BAC, they've warmed up enough.

Mix tray.





485e683d7094a656b5be3f023f12f0fb852cb6ad6392cfa4f3b748bdb50bef39.webp
 
Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
 
indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
 
Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
 
indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.
 
indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I'm glad this came up, since finding a "cool dark place" during summer is a real challenge (no central AC here, and we only cool the rooms we're using--let alone what people in hot climates without AC must deal with)! Mine has been stored in the basement, where there's a dehumidifier plus some desiccant packets.

BNLFL said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.

Also reassuring to hear that room temperature is fine for it!
 
indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
If bac water is frozen and then thawed over and over, could condensation form and compromise sterility?
 
That is a great deal of information, so thank you. To be certain everything is safe, I will carry on with my research. Mixing and preparing are fine for me because I am a student nurse, but chemistry is not my field, so when it comes to storage and chemical make ups, I am not at my strongest.

On the subject of the search function, I have given it a go in the way described, but I have autism and my eyes can sometimes be overwhelmed by information, which means I might miss things, so I apologise if that has irritated anybody.
 
indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I was under the impression that keeping BAC at room temp once the stopper has been pierced lets the benzyl alcohol sit at a better temperature for keeping those nasty bacteria from taking over? That is the whole point of it being included, isn't it?.....Truth be told, if I end up having to redo the FAQ part of my homemade peptide science book guide even ONE more time, my head is going to burst!...
 
HouseCat said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I'm glad this came up, since finding a "cool dark place" during summer is a real challenge (no central AC here, and we only cool the rooms we're using--let alone what people in hot climates without AC must deal with)! Mine has been stored in the basement, where there's a dehumidifier plus some desiccant packets.

BNLFL said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.

Also reassuring to hear that room temperature is fine for it!
No A/C in the middle of the house? I've come across tales about spots like that....yesterday it hit about 115 degrees around here... 😳 💥🔥☀️
 
Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I'm glad this came up, since finding a "cool dark place" during summer is a real challenge (no central AC here, and we only cool the rooms we're using--let alone what people in hot climates without AC must deal with)! Mine has been stored in the basement, where there's a dehumidifier plus some desiccant packets.

BNLFL said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

indolent said:

Socram1578 said:

My peptides are all labeled, and I store them inside a hydra peak jar that goes in the freezer. Whenever a fresh vial is needed, I move it into the refrigerator for 1 day prior to reconstitution, and after that it stays there until it's fully gone. This approach has worked for me, and so far I haven't run into any problems.
That said, there’s no real need for it. As soon as you reconstitute, bac water at room temperature brings the lyophilized puck—kept at freezer temp—right up to temperature.

@kazza94x plenty of threads on this already exist. Give the search function a try.
I pretty much figured it made no difference, but I guess there's no downside to doing it. That said, once I open my bac, I store it in the fridge.
Once opened, I keep my bac in the freezer, and when I reconstitute, I thaw it and put it back in the freezer as many times as necessary. From a scientific or logical standpoint, I cannot see any reason this would cause trouble in a household environment. The only thing is Pfizer's instruction to keep it at room temperature, with no explanation given.

[This is simply my own viewpoint, not guidance for anyone else.]
I guess it comes down to individual views. I keep mine in the laundry room cabinet.

Also reassuring to hear that room temperature is fine for it!
No A/C in the middle of the house? I've come across tales about spots like that....yesterday it hit about 115 degrees around here... 😳 💥🔥☀️
Summer is the worst, and this one just got worse for me 🤣
 
Back
Top