For those who handle their own testing, what does the janoshik testing process involve? How long does it take?

blueandazure

Explorer
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Bangkok
I'm looking to go grey and just want to protect myself. Sure, vendors will hand over testing results, but there's no way to know if what's being sent matches what was tested. Or maybe they weren't even the ones who ordered the test—they could just be grabbing some random good result from elsewhere.
 
A lot of their pricing is listed on their site, and their email support crew is solid for walking you through things. Usually, you get in touch via email, receive a quote along with mailing details, complete the payment, and ship your vial(s) off, with results typically returning within a few days.
 
Back in December I set up testing on my own for the first time. The directions they give you are fairly straightforward. You just need to do everything they say.

How quickly my order moved through surprised me. Once it arrived, the testing was finished in 2 days. Perhaps they were clearing the backlog ahead of the holidays, no clue. From being in testing groups before, I had always assumed you'd be waiting around 2 weeks for results.

My overall experience left me pleased. That said, it does cost a lot. The vendor I sent in ended up being legit, so that was a weight off. The only reason I went the self-testing route was that situation with blue caps from another vendor that reportedly got people sick.
 
Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
 
Glplover121 said:

Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
Being in the UK actually makes it simpler and less expensive. All you need to do is sign up on the site, and once your payment for the test goes through, they'll give you straightforward guidance on how to send your sample.
 
Habibibi said:

Glplover121 said:

Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
Being in the UK actually makes it simpler and less expensive. All you need to do is sign up on the site, and once your payment for the test goes through, they'll give you straightforward guidance on how to send your sample.
I kicked off the process and sent it out following the directions Janos gave, though customs appears to have hit a snag and I'm not certain whether it's cleared at this point! Any idea roughly how long the turnaround usually is? I'm hoping to pin by next week 😬
 
Glplover121 said:

Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
If you're testing on your own, there are labs in the UK that I think charge the same amount
 
Summer48 said:

Glplover121 said:

Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
If you're testing on your own, there are labs in the UK that I think charge the same amount
Could you pass along the specifics?
 
Glplover121 said:

Habibibi said:

Glplover121 said:

Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
Being in the UK actually makes it simpler and less expensive. All you need to do is sign up on the site, and once your payment for the test goes through, they'll give you straightforward guidance on how to send your sample.
I kicked off the process and sent it out following the directions Janos gave, though customs appears to have hit a snag and I'm not certain whether it's cleared at this point! Any idea roughly how long the turnaround usually is? I'm hoping to pin by next week 😬
What was the cost of the testing you had done?
 
Glplover121 said:

Habibibi said:

Glplover121 said:

Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
Being in the UK actually makes it simpler and less expensive. All you need to do is sign up on the site, and once your payment for the test goes through, they'll give you straightforward guidance on how to send your sample.
I kicked off the process and sent it out following the directions Janos gave, though customs appears to have hit a snag and I'm not certain whether it's cleared at this point! Any idea roughly how long the turnaround usually is? I'm hoping to pin by next week 😬
I really couldn't say — it might land anywhere from 1 to 5 business days. Usually, once your sample arrives, you're looking at about 3-7 business days before results come back, so getting them any earlier than that isn't realistic.
 
The way I see it (someone tell me if this is off) the ideal approach is grabbing several kits and having 1 vial from each kit tested, teaming up with people nearby so handing out the kits afterward is simple. I'm not clear on how this plays out when people are scattered across the USA, like everyone mailing in a single vial from their kit.
 
Summer48 said:

Glplover121 said:

Habibibi said:

Glplover121 said:

Any UK-based folks here used Janoshik for testing? I definitely want to have mine checked for safety reasons, but I haven’t come across anyone from the UK who’s gone through it, so I’m not sure whether it’s as straightforward as it seems to be for those of you in the US!
Being in the UK actually makes it simpler and less expensive. All you need to do is sign up on the site, and once your payment for the test goes through, they'll give you straightforward guidance on how to send your sample.
I kicked off the process and sent it out following the directions Janos gave, though customs appears to have hit a snag and I'm not certain whether it's cleared at this point! Any idea roughly how long the turnaround usually is? I'm hoping to pin by next week 😬
What was the cost of the testing you had done?
The cost came to about £210 for the testing itself, plus another £20 for shipping 🙂
 
I'm based in the US, and peptidetest.com handled my most recent test. Compared with shipping overseas, it's far simpler. I got results back within a day. Testing itself costs the same, but shipping ran me only about $5. The whole process left me very satisfied.

I've just shipped a sample to F innric k for testing and endo. The process has gone well so far, though I have no idea how long it will take. It's much cheaper. $110 total, but it's slow. I'm aware plenty of people have problems with them, but after spending a lot of time reviewing their public data, I feel pretty comfortable trusting the results. At worst, I figure they'll be good enough, and the price can't be beaten.
 
Back
Top