For fat loss, should I stack anything with Reta or run it solo?

Tator

Explorer
Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
My main goal is dropping weight, and I’m not overly worried about shedding a bit of muscle while I focus on burning fat. That said, I’ll definitely stay hydrated, keep protein high to protect muscle, and I already train about 5 days each week.

Originally I considered pairing Reta with Tesa, but I came across posts here saying Tesa might ramp up appetite—though some users suggest Reta could offset that effect.

Right now I’m hovering near 290, and my target is somewhere around 210/200lbs. I may end up using Jeep as well. (Their pricing looked good and they’ve seemed dependable so far.)

What do you all stack alongside Reta when the priority is weight/fat loss? Are there other peptides that pair well with Reta?
 
Tator said:

My main goal is dropping weight, and I’m not overly worried about shedding a bit of muscle while I focus on burning fat. That said, I’ll definitely stay hydrated, keep protein high to protect muscle, and I already train about 5 days each week.

Originally I considered pairing Reta with Tesa, but I came across posts here saying Tesa might ramp up appetite—though some users suggest Reta could offset that effect.

Right now I’m hovering near 290, and my target is somewhere around 210/200lbs. I may end up using Jeep as well. (Their pricing looked good and they’ve seemed dependable so far.)

What do you all stack alongside Reta when the priority is weight/fat loss? Are there other peptides that pair well with Reta?
My suggestion is to use Reta by itself until your weight is nearer to your target, and only then add a tesa/ipamorelin stack aimed at visceral fat. Once you have been on Reta for a while, it could be worth getting a dexa scan or a whole body mri to assess your current status.

While taking Reta, you might later decide to add other peptides for reasons that go beyond weightloss. Even so, my preference is to allow 1 month per pep before introducing anything else, so that any implications, whether positive or negative, can be grasped more clearly.
 
PopTart said:

Tator said:

My main goal is dropping weight, and I’m not overly worried about shedding a bit of muscle while I focus on burning fat. That said, I’ll definitely stay hydrated, keep protein high to protect muscle, and I already train about 5 days each week.

Originally I considered pairing Reta with Tesa, but I came across posts here saying Tesa might ramp up appetite—though some users suggest Reta could offset that effect.

Right now I’m hovering near 290, and my target is somewhere around 210/200lbs. I may end up using Jeep as well. (Their pricing looked good and they’ve seemed dependable so far.)

What do you all stack alongside Reta when the priority is weight/fat loss? Are there other peptides that pair well with Reta?
My suggestion is to use Reta by itself until your weight is nearer to your target, and only then add a tesa/ipamorelin stack aimed at visceral fat. Once you have been on Reta for a while, it could be worth getting a dexa scan or a whole body mri to assess your current status.

While taking Reta, you might later decide to add other peptides for reasons that go beyond weightloss. Even so, my preference is to allow 1 month per pep before introducing anything else, so that any implications, whether positive or negative, can be grasped more clearly.
Thanks for replying. Is there any peptide that can make the skin firmer and cut down on excess loose skin, or does that come down purely to how quickly I drop the weight?
 
Last year my numbers were nearly identical to yours. I weighed 285 at the start, and this morning the scale read 200.3 lb. My approach was Sema only for 3 months, until the coupon ran out, and then I fell down the rabbit hole. I switched to Reta and have been on it roughly 9 months. Protein stayed high, so I held onto the majority of my muscle (all genetic, by the way). At this point I am 100% focused on the muscle-building phase, though Reta stays in the mix. KLOW, SS-31, Mots-C and NAD+ were added because I am getting older and feeling run down. Effectively I spent an entire year cutting, doing fasted zone 2 cardio 40 min per day with a 600+ calorie deficit. Right now I am 4 weeks into a 4 day upper/lower split.
 
Tator said:

PopTart said:

Tator said:

My main goal is dropping weight, and I’m not overly worried about shedding a bit of muscle while I focus on burning fat. That said, I’ll definitely stay hydrated, keep protein high to protect muscle, and I already train about 5 days each week.

Originally I considered pairing Reta with Tesa, but I came across posts here saying Tesa might ramp up appetite—though some users suggest Reta could offset that effect.

Right now I’m hovering near 290, and my target is somewhere around 210/200lbs. I may end up using Jeep as well. (Their pricing looked good and they’ve seemed dependable so far.)

What do you all stack alongside Reta when the priority is weight/fat loss? Are there other peptides that pair well with Reta?
My suggestion is to use Reta by itself until your weight is nearer to your target, and only then add a tesa/ipamorelin stack aimed at visceral fat. Once you have been on Reta for a while, it could be worth getting a dexa scan or a whole body mri to assess your current status.

While taking Reta, you might later decide to add other peptides for reasons that go beyond weightloss. Even so, my preference is to allow 1 month per pep before introducing anything else, so that any implications, whether positive or negative, can be grasped more clearly.
Thanks for replying. Is there any peptide that can make the skin firmer and cut down on excess loose skin, or does that come down purely to how quickly I drop the weight?
It's said GHK-cu can firm up skin — you can get it as a cream or as an injection, though I don't know whether either option works better or if using it ahead of time does anything.

The smartest approach, like you mentioned, is to keep your rate of loss from outpacing what your skin can keep up with.
 
Using only Reta will keep giving you solid progress for a good stretch. Let me walk through how my own peptide-based fat loss has gone so far. For the first month or two, Reta was all I used, and after that I brought in the mitochondrial health protocol that gets mentioned around here. That protocol is NAD+, SS-31, and MOTS-C. Since I had spent the majority of my life in poor health, my thinking was to aim for a whole-body reset and begin at the cellular level. The result was that I felt fantastic! Next I began cycling 5-amino-1mq, which supports cellular health as well as fat loss. These days I cycle tesa/ipa together with Reta, and I really like it. Visceral fat was a big issue for me, so that has been a main target. On top of that, tesa/ipa improves my sleep, which brings down cortisol and inflammation, letting my body burn more fat and add more muscle.

Across 2025 I dropped 90lbs altogether. I began at 300 and now sit at 210, so that is fairly near where you are starting and where you want to end up. Obviously I paired all my peptide research with clean eating and gym sessions 4-6 times per week. My aim this year is to get under 15% body fat before beginning a clean bulk.

As far as loose skin goes, I did not end up with much. Not long after starting Reta, I began taking 1mg GHK-cu every day. I cannot claim with certainty that it is why my skin stayed healthy, but it seems like it contributed, so I would definitely suggest it.
 
PopTart said:

Tator said:

My main goal is dropping weight, and I’m not overly worried about shedding a bit of muscle while I focus on burning fat. That said, I’ll definitely stay hydrated, keep protein high to protect muscle, and I already train about 5 days each week.

Originally I considered pairing Reta with Tesa, but I came across posts here saying Tesa might ramp up appetite—though some users suggest Reta could offset that effect.

Right now I’m hovering near 290, and my target is somewhere around 210/200lbs. I may end up using Jeep as well. (Their pricing looked good and they’ve seemed dependable so far.)

What do you all stack alongside Reta when the priority is weight/fat loss? Are there other peptides that pair well with Reta?
My suggestion is to use Reta by itself until your weight is nearer to your target, and only then add a tesa/ipamorelin stack aimed at visceral fat. Once you have been on Reta for a while, it could be worth getting a dexa scan or a whole body mri to assess your current status.

While taking Reta, you might later decide to add other peptides for reasons that go beyond weightloss. Even so, my preference is to allow 1 month per pep before introducing anything else, so that any implications, whether positive or negative, can be grasped more clearly.
For a few weeks now I've been running a stack of Reta with GHRP-2/Sermorelin, and what I've picked up on is that my appetite ramps up shortly after dosing the GHRP-2. It's manageable, but I'm thinking about moving over to a Tesa/Ipa stack to dial that down. Does anyone have thoughts on how the two compare when it comes to hunger?
 
ftv10hb said:

PopTart said:

Tator said:

My main goal is dropping weight, and I’m not overly worried about shedding a bit of muscle while I focus on burning fat. That said, I’ll definitely stay hydrated, keep protein high to protect muscle, and I already train about 5 days each week.

Originally I considered pairing Reta with Tesa, but I came across posts here saying Tesa might ramp up appetite—though some users suggest Reta could offset that effect.

Right now I’m hovering near 290, and my target is somewhere around 210/200lbs. I may end up using Jeep as well. (Their pricing looked good and they’ve seemed dependable so far.)

What do you all stack alongside Reta when the priority is weight/fat loss? Are there other peptides that pair well with Reta?
My suggestion is to use Reta by itself until your weight is nearer to your target, and only then add a tesa/ipamorelin stack aimed at visceral fat. Once you have been on Reta for a while, it could be worth getting a dexa scan or a whole body mri to assess your current status.

While taking Reta, you might later decide to add other peptides for reasons that go beyond weightloss. Even so, my preference is to allow 1 month per pep before introducing anything else, so that any implications, whether positive or negative, can be grasped more clearly.
For a few weeks now I've been running a stack of Reta with GHRP-2/Sermorelin, and what I've picked up on is that my appetite ramps up shortly after dosing the GHRP-2. It's manageable, but I'm thinking about moving over to a Tesa/Ipa stack to dial that down. Does anyone have thoughts on how the two compare when it comes to hunger?
GHRP-2 works as a ghrelin agonist, which means it can trigger a notable rise in appetite. When it comes to hunger, Tesamorelin's effect is low to moderate, while Ipamorelin's is minimal.
 
Back
Top