Foot bone fusion surgery — peptide ideas for recovery, whole-body support, and months of bed rest?

lavender

Explorer
Joined
Aug 21, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
I'm recovering from bunion surgery in which the goal is basically to fuse two bones in my foot. In 2 months, once I can actually put weight on the first foot, I'll go through the same procedure on the other one, lol.

I'm trying to find peptides that might help with the fusion itself if anything like that exists, plus anything for general/systemic support, and anything that could reduce the damage from being in bed for close to 6 months without a break? For that last part I've been reading about SLU-PP-322; I'm just starting to learn about "exercise numerics" but it really caught my interest. Right now I already use BPC157/TB400 (and reta, not related to this).

TYIA, hope everyone is well. ❤️
 
I'd steer clear of SLU-PP-322 — it won't dissolve in water, and the workaround people use is probably not safe to inject.

Wishing you the best as you recover!
 
retarequired said:

I'd steer clear of SLU-PP-322 — it won't dissolve in water, and the workaround people use is probably not safe to inject.

Wishing you the best as you recover!
Thanks for the heads up, that's really useful!! Looks like I'll continue searching in that same area.
 
lavender said:

I'm recovering from bunion surgery in which the goal is basically to fuse two bones in my foot. In 2 months, once I can actually put weight on the first foot, I'll go through the same procedure on the other one, lol.

I'm trying to find peptides that might help with the fusion itself if anything like that exists, plus anything for general/systemic support, and anything that could reduce the damage from being in bed for close to 6 months without a break? For that last part I've been reading about SLU-PP-322; I'm just starting to learn about "exercise numerics" but it really caught my interest. Right now I already use BPC157/TB400 (and reta, not related to this).

TYIA, hope everyone is well. ❤️
I'm too inexperienced with peptides to say which ones to use or how to dose them, but I can speak as someone who spent months lying in traction after a logging accident. I had a few discs fused and a spring-loaded type of device put in. Recovery from that operation took ages, and while the worst pain is behind me, the loss of range of motion is almost as severe. Isotonic exercises may really help you. Hold onto as much upper body strength as you can. You'll need it to propel a wheelchair and/or crutches. Be careful with painkillers, because breaking that dependence is an absolute nightmare. Way harder than quitting coke... Watch out for the respiratory therapist. Wishing you a good recovery...
 
From a whole-body recovery angle, I would throw KPV into the mix. One could make the case that running the entire KLOW stack is not a bad idea either.

Switching away from peptides: check out NMES/TENS devices. Insurance may actually pay for one. A friend of mine received a good unit through his insurance for 6 months, essentially as a rental. Using it is fairly straightforward.

As for pharmacological help, nearly everything I can think of that builds or preserves muscle also carries the heaviest side effect burden. Because of that, I generally steer people away from it. Again, this is something to bring up with your doctor directly and ask whether he or she suggests anything. Even if a prescription ends up not being covered, at least that opens a path for you to investigate.
 
lavender said:

I'm recovering from bunion surgery in which the goal is basically to fuse two bones in my foot. In 2 months, once I can actually put weight on the first foot, I'll go through the same procedure on the other one, lol.

I'm trying to find peptides that might help with the fusion itself if anything like that exists, plus anything for general/systemic support, and anything that could reduce the damage from being in bed for close to 6 months without a break? For that last part I've been reading about SLU-PP-322; I'm just starting to learn about "exercise numerics" but it really caught my interest. Right now I already use BPC157/TB400 (and reta, not related to this).

TYIA, hope everyone is well. ❤️
For the soft tissue side of healing, BPC/TB4 makes sense, and hgh or a secretagogue could help you preserve as much muscle as possible while you can't move around. My take is that you shouldn't begin the gh/secretagogue until at least 1 month after surgery, since the water retention likely won't do your swelling any favors. As for slu-pp, in my opinion it's mostly hype and possibly risky, so I'd stay away from it.

I went through a big toe fusion last year, so I know what you're getting into. Best of luck.
 
Magnesium is something you shouldn't overlook, even though I'm not a peptide. My femur fracture wouldn't mend for 18 months because it wasn't fusing. It turned out I was low in magnesium. After I began taking a supplement, the bone fused in 6 weeks. Supplementing doesn't cost much. Best of luck, and I hope you heal fast.
 
Owe boy, let's see how far I can push Anecdotal here. My left foot had a Triple Arthrodesis 8.5 years back, non weight bearing for 12 weeks, so I can relate. The arthritis has returned, along with Achilles tendon & other problems. I've just been through a shoulder operation, read what I'm doing there. Some of it carries over, in both surgeries. /community-link/thread/13222/

Creatine Monohydrate 5mg daily, can help build muscle or help HOLD muscle. I take Creatine HCL 1500mcg (= to 10mg monohydrate), since monohydrate doesn't agree with me. Supplementing creatine monohydrate helps bone health by raising bone mineral density and strength, particularly in older adults. It works by boosting bone-building cells (osteoblasts) while reducing bone breakdown, which makes it a safe, low-cost route to counteracting age-related bone loss. 3–5g taken daily supports protein synthesis, lifts muscle endurance, and protects muscle mass through heavy training, cutting, or aging.

Tadalafil (Cialis) 5mg 2X daily, helps circulation reach the extremities, the tendons and ligaments etc. My Longevity Dr and a couple of others online imply it can improve the effectiveness of peptides/medicine you're already taking. Can drop your Blood pressure a bit. watch Watch: https://youtu.be/RgA4Hyr1Hbk?t=2690

45:00 - 47:30

Nitric Oxide Booster/beet juice helps in the same way the Tadalafil does.

Sports Research 5 types of Collagen supplement: Collagen matters for bone health, giving the structural scaffold for bone growth and repair, and that supports bone fusion and remodeling. Collagen supplements may raise bone mineral density and help fractures heal. Orthopedic surgery often uses it as a carrier for bone graft materials, encouraging new bone growth.

Thymosin Alpha 1: a naturally occurring peptide that speeds healing by modulating the immune system, lowering inflammation, and stimulating growth factors. It backs tissue repair, helps recovery from chronic infections, and lifts immune response, and it's often used where musculoskeletal, autoimmune, and viral conditions are involved.

Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium: (PPS) is injected, often for osteoarthritis, and shown to improve subchondral bone health, cut bone marrow lesions/edema, and potentially help bone repair. As an anti-inflammatory, anti-catabolic agent it stimulates tissue-protective mechanisms, easing pain while improving bone density/metabolism.
 
I get that you're not literally planning to stay in bed for 6 months, but steering clear of that as far as you can is smart for your overall health. Over a stretch like that, you're going to lose a lot of muscle and see your general fitness and conditioning drop, and how hard that is to bounce back from depends on your age. Then there are the other problems that come with prolonged bed rest, DVT among them. It's 100% worth getting expert guidance on how to handle this — I'd assume that falls to physiotherapy/?OT, working together with the surgeon. Getting this part right probably matters far more than any peptide or supplement. Basically, you want an expert telling you which exercises to do so you manage this as well as possible, plus getting up and moving around as much as the surgeon's instructions on non weight bearing and so on allow.

From most of the studies I've come across, outcomes after orthopaedic surgery tend to be good or better with GLP drugs. That said, I recently saw one showing higher rates of non union in lower limb fractures with GLP's, so it could be worth tracking down that study or asking chatgpt about it — I can't recall the study's name, otherwise I'd link it here.
 
Back
Top