Ahobo1
Explorer
Food poisoning really is miserable when you're on GLP-1s...
My injection was Sunday, July 5th, and by Wednesday, July 8th, the food poisoning symptoms kicked in. I've dealt with food poisoning a few times in the past, and this round felt just like those, so I figured I'd just ride out a couple of days of running to the bathroom and eating plain toast. Yeah, that plan didn't hold up.
Here we are on July 14th—6 days into symptoms and 7 days since my last solid BM. Yesterday (the 13th) I ended up at Urgent Care, where the doctor started me on antibiotics and ordered a full bloodwork panel plus a stool sample. Free bloodwork, at least!
After the first antibiotic dose yesterday, today was the first morning I didn't wake up needing to sprint to the bathroom. Whatever they gave me seems to be helping.
I didn't take my reta dose on the 12th, so I'm 2 days behind now. Jumping back in right as my gut is finally calming down seems like a bad idea. So my question is: should I hold off until my regular dose day on the 19th? That would put a full 2 weeks between shots. I'm a bit worried that's too long a gap, but I also don't want to set my GI tract off again right now.
My injection was Sunday, July 5th, and by Wednesday, July 8th, the food poisoning symptoms kicked in. I've dealt with food poisoning a few times in the past, and this round felt just like those, so I figured I'd just ride out a couple of days of running to the bathroom and eating plain toast. Yeah, that plan didn't hold up.
Here we are on July 14th—6 days into symptoms and 7 days since my last solid BM. Yesterday (the 13th) I ended up at Urgent Care, where the doctor started me on antibiotics and ordered a full bloodwork panel plus a stool sample. Free bloodwork, at least!
After the first antibiotic dose yesterday, today was the first morning I didn't wake up needing to sprint to the bathroom. Whatever they gave me seems to be helping.
I didn't take my reta dose on the 12th, so I'm 2 days behind now. Jumping back in right as my gut is finally calming down seems like a bad idea. So my question is: should I hold off until my regular dose day on the 19th? That would put a full 2 weeks between shots. I'm a bit worried that's too long a gap, but I also don't want to set my GI tract off again right now.