Flu and Retatrutide

Xono

Explorer
Joined
Aug 30, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippines
Looking for input on whether to hold off on a dose until the flu passes? Keeping food and water down hasn't been a problem for me. Diarrhea is happening, but I've been compensating with electrolytes. The one thing bothering me is a raised resting heart rate. Mine usually sits around 70 bpm, yet on day 6 after my weekly pinning I'm already at 100 bpm while I feel my worst with the flu.

Today is my scheduled dose day, but I'm not sure given how the flu is going. Right now I feel better and my RHR is about 80 bpm. My concern is that I'm only on day 2 of the flu and I expect things to shift.

Do I skip this week, or just send it?
 
Depending on how long you've been on it, there's a good chance some reta will still be in your system by the time your next dose comes around, so if it were me, I'd hold off on that dose.
 
You don't necessarily need to skip the dose entirely — simply pushing it back works too. If you start feeling better within a couple of days, you can take it at that point rather than waiting for the next week to come around.
 
ladyj779 said:

You don't necessarily need to skip the dose entirely — simply pushing it back works too. If you start feeling better within a couple of days, you can take it at that point rather than waiting for the next week to come around.
Same here. I've been in a comparable situation while traveling — I couldn't bring the Reta along with me.
 
Yeah, my flu seems to surge back every evening. Without a Reta refresh, RHR is sitting around 90-95, and the anxiety that kicks in when my heart rate climbs just isn't worth it — hypochondriac here. 😆

plant_lady said:

I'd hold off for a few days, or take a half/split dose instead. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Appreciate the kind wishes. 🙂
 
Back
Top