Fitness goals?

My goals aren't about hitting a specific weight on the bar or covering a set number of miles. They're about continuing to lift and ride my bike for as many years as I can. Staying strong for as long as possible, and not becoming weak. That said, I've got a bit of vanity and enjoy having abs.
 
The first milestone I reached involved dropping to 200lbs while keeping body fat below 15%. After that came a pair of aims: seeing my abs and completing a mile of running without pausing. At present, my target is a lean 225lbs at 10%bf. Those initial two took effort, yet I managed them within a reasonable stretch of time. I'm aiming to achieve the 3rd within the coming year. Still, all of these are only near-term objectives. Over the long haul, what I want is to keep up my fitness consistency as I grow older, so I can preserve my health, mobility, and independence.
 
Tbagger said:

The first milestone I reached involved dropping to 200lbs while keeping body fat below 15%. After that came a pair of aims: seeing my abs and completing a mile of running without pausing. At present, my target is a lean 225lbs at 10%bf. Those initial two took effort, yet I managed them within a reasonable stretch of time. I'm aiming to achieve the 3rd within the coming year. Still, all of these are only near-term objectives. Over the long haul, what I want is to keep up my fitness consistency as I grow older, so I can preserve my health, mobility, and independence.
What's your height and how old are you?

Aiming for 225lbs at 10% is an insane goal. That's 35lbs of lean muscle.
 
Vuja said:

Tbagger said:

The first milestone I reached involved dropping to 200lbs while keeping body fat below 15%. After that came a pair of aims: seeing my abs and completing a mile of running without pausing. At present, my target is a lean 225lbs at 10%bf. Those initial two took effort, yet I managed them within a reasonable stretch of time. I'm aiming to achieve the 3rd within the coming year. Still, all of these are only near-term objectives. Over the long haul, what I want is to keep up my fitness consistency as I grow older, so I can preserve my health, mobility, and independence.
What's your height and how old are you?

Aiming for 225lbs at 10% is an insane goal. That's 35lbs of lean muscle.
Age 42, height 5'8", and I'm currently bulking. 10 weeks back I weighed 210 at 12%, now I'm 228 and sitting around 15-16%. In another 2 weeks a hard cut begins, aiming for 10% so I can reassess. Somewhere in the 210-215 range is what I'm hoping for. From there it's bulk/cut cycles until the goal is reached. Once that's done I'll ease off and hold maintenance near 14-15%, then cut for trips and events when I want to look ripped. Living at 225 and 10% isn't the plan, it's just something to hit so I can see what looking like a shaved gorilla is like lol
 
Since April, I've dropped around 30lb. More weight is still on my list to shed.

Once my health is in order, my aim is to look jacked! Health first, vanity second.
 
hotsauceboss said:

Before starting peps, I was chasing entry into the 1000 lb club. For anyone unfamiliar with powerlifting (not the same thing as weightlifting), that means totaling 1000 lbs across the bench press, squat, and deadlift. I hit it near my 41st birthday: 250 bench, 350 squat, 400 deadlift.

These days I want to hold onto as much of that strength as I can while dropping a lot of the weight I put on to reach it. There’s also my partner’s company retreat in Cancun this December, and I’d love to have abs worth showing off there 😂

Maybe the next target is matching that 1000 lbs total again, but at a bodyweight closer to 150 rather than 195.
My sights are set on the 1000lb club too, but when it comes to vanity, bodybuilding aesthetics pull me way harder than powerlifting. According to my last DEXA, lean mass came in at 196lb, and my limb ratio gives me solid leverage, so my hope is to reach that club without wrecking a reasonably aesthetic physique. There's a long road ahead, first fat loss and afterward bulking lol, but 2-3 years feels like enough time to get there. 🤔

Right now I'm at 270lb. Before the DEXA, 220 was my target, but after seeing how much lean mass I'm carrying, my plan shifted to 15% bf @ 230ish, then I'll move into the bulk and really start pushing the lifts hard. 💪

Hitting that club at 41 is massive, strength like that is no joke. What's your age now, and where do your numbers stand atm?
 
Back
Top