Fitness goals?

Vash

Explorer
Joined
Sep 2, 2024
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
Is anyone else tackling fitness goals or challenges right now?

I’ve had my eye on a 240 mile bicycle trail, with an overnight rest stop halfway through. Possibly later this year. More likely I’ll hold off until close to spring of next year.

Getting back into bike racing has also been on my mind. Might give some crits a shot next year as well.
 
That's a huge undertaking!

My own aims are simpler: I want to exercise, jog, paddle a kayak, ride a bike, go rock climbing, and dominate opponents on the rugby field. I'll certainly enter a few nearby races again and attempt to persuade my wife against going away for larger ones, but 240 miles is not something I'd take on. Best of luck achieving it!
 
Vash said:

Is anyone else tackling fitness goals or challenges right now?

I’ve had my eye on a 240 mile bicycle trail, with an overnight rest stop halfway through. Possibly later this year. More likely I’ll hold off until close to spring of next year.

Getting back into bike racing has also been on my mind. Might give some crits a shot next year as well.
Would slimming down enough to hike sections of the PCT be considered one? Because that's what I'm aiming for…
 
Before starting peps, I was chasing entry into the 1000 lb club. For anyone unfamiliar with powerlifting (not the same thing as weightlifting), that means totaling 1000 lbs across the bench press, squat, and deadlift. I hit it near my 41st birthday: 250 bench, 350 squat, 400 deadlift.

These days I want to hold onto as much of that strength as I can while dropping a lot of the weight I put on to reach it. There’s also my partner’s company retreat in Cancun this December, and I’d love to have abs worth showing off there 😂

Maybe the next target is matching that 1000 lbs total again, but at a bodyweight closer to 150 rather than 195.
 
Vash said:

Is anyone else tackling fitness goals or challenges right now?

I’ve had my eye on a 240 mile bicycle trail, with an overnight rest stop halfway through. Possibly later this year. More likely I’ll hold off until close to spring of next year.

Getting back into bike racing has also been on my mind. Might give some crits a shot next year as well.
5 miles is fine by me. 240? 🤣 🤣 🤣 The phrase "cold day in Hell" springs to mind.🤓

Still... good for you.😎
 
My core really needs more attention from me. For the past 20 months, my arms and legs have gotten most of my focus, and my abs have been ignored. Getting back into pilates is something I need to do. Bad posture has always been an issue for me, but after losing all this weight, it looks even worse. Whenever I show up on my doorbell cam, I cringe. 😬
 
sheilarae74 said:

My core really needs more attention from me. For the past 20 months, my arms and legs have gotten most of my focus, and my abs have been ignored. Getting back into pilates is something I need to do. Bad posture has always been an issue for me, but after losing all this weight, it looks even worse. Whenever I show up on my doorbell cam, I cringe. 😬
Camera's getting switched off. 🤓
 
I climb rocks, and my aim is to send a 5.13a. Back in 2010, I last managed a route at that grade. At the time, I was 35. Matching that at 51 would feel amazing.
 
My plan is to begin jogging alongside my dog as a form of exercise, continue building my arms—which have already made solid beginner progress—and add more muscle to my lower ashcheek 🍑
 
Trying to get through the fitness exam for my city's police force 🙂 Funny enough, the methods I'm using to reach that goal are 'illegal'... 😀
 
Aiming to hit my "end state" by this winter, then hold onto it for as long as I can.

- Kettlebell shoulder press at 70lbs, currently working with 62's.

- Sand bag clean to shoulder at 225lb, then carry it roughly 20ish feet; right now at 200lbs.

- Chinups with 45lbs added, presently at 35lbs.
 
lastresort said:

On a serious note... please take care of yourself.

ZetsuM said:

Trying to get through the fitness exam for my city's police force 🙂 Funny enough, the methods I'm using to reach that goal are 'illegal'... 😀
I really don't think there's any way they'd discover it, and even if they did, well, it was a risk they took themselves, right?
 
ZetsuM said:

Trying to get through the fitness exam for my city's police force 🙂 Funny enough, the methods I'm using to reach that goal are 'illegal'... 😀
A fair number of police officers carry a criminal streak that's far from small.
 
AngieHolmes said:

ZetsuM said:

Trying to get through the fitness exam for my city's police force 🙂 Funny enough, the methods I'm using to reach that goal are 'illegal'... 😀
A fair number of police officers carry a criminal streak that's far from small.
The saying goes that the gap separating a cop from a criminal is a narrow one. 😉
 
Back
Top