First-time purchase: how many kits to get?

jperiod

Explorer
Joined
Mar 30, 2026
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
southwest
About to place my initial peptide order. Is it smarter to grab a single kit and eat the shipping charge just to see how it goes? Or should I commit and buy a larger amount, particularly since it cuts down on shipping (from what I can tell, shipping comes out to 50% of what 1 kit costs)? I figured maybe 3 kits, because my husband and son are probably going to want to give it a try as well. I've mostly settled on reta 10mg vials, since my plan is to start low and increase slowly.
 
Your budget, what you want to do, and how you see things will all shape the answer.

If I’m paying full price and there’s a minimum order amount that unlocks free shipping, I pretty much refuse to ever pay for shipping.
 
i'm facing the same choice. my idea was to just buy a lifetime's worth immediately, so that shipping and testing expenses get spread out, instead of doing it piecemeal—picking up a small amount, covering shipping and testing, then repeating that cycle over and over
 
If you're not practically on death's doorstep, going all-in on a lifetime stock right away is bolder than I'd go — though with any luck I've still got 40 good years in front of me.

I've already placed an order for 7200mg of Tirz, and even at 15mg/week that doesn't stretch to a decade, unless a 10% overfill pushes it there.
 
woundcarping said:

If you're not practically on death's doorstep, going all-in on a lifetime stock right away is bolder than I'd go — though with any luck I've still got 40 good years in front of me.

I've already placed an order for 7200mg of Tirz, and even at 15mg/week that doesn't stretch to a decade, unless a 10% overfill pushes it there.
I’m someone who takes a low dose, responds strongly, and treats it as a tool instead of something to depend on. For me, that 7200mg would pretty much last forever, lol. That makes the whole one-and-done order idea work in my favor. Go in, grab my meds plus a bit more, maybe pick up a couple kits of the other glps, and then step away from it all, lol
 
sheilarae74 said:

I really can't stand shelling out for shipping. I'm such a cheapskate. 🤣🤣

Most likely I'll end up above $300 regardless, so it probably won't matter.
I'm in the same boat
 
jperiod said:

About to place my initial peptide order. Is it smarter to grab a single kit and eat the shipping charge just to see how it goes? Or should I commit and buy a larger amount, particularly since it cuts down on shipping (from what I can tell, shipping comes out to 50% of what 1 kit costs)? I figured maybe 3 kits, because my husband and son are probably going to want to give it a try as well. I've mostly settled on reta 10mg vials, since my plan is to start low and increase slowly.
If you figure on dividing it among 2 or 3 people, then going with 2 r20’s or r30’s could make more sense. The price for each mg goes down noticeably. Just reconstitute 1 vial at a time and draw every pin from that same vial.
 
Spend only what you can afford to part with. Costs keep dropping as time goes on. Every so often, I'll pick up 1 or 2 kits. I never stock up in bulk. For me, it's just a pastime. I suppose I like the journey
 
My advice is to start with a single kit. That gives you a chance to try it, find out whether it does what you want, watch for reactions, and judge if the seller can be trusted. There's nothing stopping you from buying a ton the next time around. Why hurry?
 
Pick a seller that stocks domestically in the US, MIX for example. Each kit runs roughly $20 more, yet shipping costs nothing once you take 2 kits, plus you skip waiting and customs headaches.

Like other people said, if 3 of you are all using reta, then 30 mg is likely the best value.
 
Kits are what you all go for?

Myself, I'd rather hold off until summer and get prefilled syringes sent to the Phoenix area.

That way, when they show up, they're already at body temperature.
 
JFinHK said:

My advice is to start with a single kit. That gives you a chance to try it, find out whether it does what you want, watch for reactions, and judge if the seller can be trusted. There's nothing stopping you from buying a ton the next time around. Why hurry?

OP - honestly, I'd say that's solid advice. Why rush into it? Even if you eat a bit of shipping on that initial purchase, you're still paying far less than brand-name or compounded options would cost you.

Worth remembering too: plenty of folks simply can't handle glp-1 meds, and others see nothing at low doses. So even with a low-and-slow approach in mind, you may end up titrating faster than you intended just to feel something, or you might find you can't tolerate it at all. There are a lot of unknowns here. Grab 1 kit, test it on yourself and your family, and only then commit to a bigger order. Like others have said, R30 is the smarter pick.
 
My beginning was with individual vials — actually, 2 singles on 2 occasions, just to check whether it worked for us. It does. After finding this community, I'm set for quite a while with 72 vials of Reta, though a few GBs have caught my eye. I ought to total up the MG's, since my sizes range anywhere from 24 mg up to 60mg. Like was said earlier, shipping isn't something I pay. I buy enough to qualify for free shipping, or else I use one of the several US sellers that charge low shipping.
 
Back
Top