First pen setup — are these the right picks?

retaluver314

Explorer
Joined
May 20, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
First pen and filter purchase for me. Do these look like good picks? Anything better? A manual pen suits me for now. Two peptides are running at the moment.

Sterile Syringe FIlter, PES, 13mm, 0.22, Female Luer Lock and Male Luer Slip SKU 08-PES1322R

Biologix

32g 4mm - 100pk

goodlifesupplies

v4 pen 3 Combo

goodlifesupplies

3ml-pen-cartridge

goodlifesupplies.com

Thanks so much!
 
Make sure you also pick up Luer Lock syringes along with the needles. A 1.5in needle works well for pulling every bit of the reconstituted peptide from the original vial; after that, swap to a thinner needle so you can connect the filter and push the contents into the fresh 3ml cartridge.
 
If the V4 models match the ones shown here, it might be best to stay away from them. From what I understand, the V2 versions have a stronger track record, though my own experience is limited to auto pens.

View: https://youtu.be/Jiopqcesedw
 
sheilarae74 said:

maokai said:

If the V4 models match the ones shown here, it might be best to stay away from them. From what I understand, the V2 versions have a stronger track record, though my own experience is limited to auto pens.

View: https://youtu.be/Jiopqcesedw
Ugh, I went ahead and got one already. 😭
Yeah, that's the trouble with plenty of these. The thing is, some other pens go by the name V4s and from what I hear they're okay. All I can say is I remember watching that video where the shiny ones turned out to be booty.
 
maokai said:

sheilarae74 said:

maokai said:

If the V4 models match the ones shown here, it might be best to stay away from them. From what I understand, the V2 versions have a stronger track record, though my own experience is limited to auto pens.

View: https://youtu.be/Jiopqcesedw
Ugh, I went ahead and got one already. 😭
Yeah, that's the trouble with plenty of these. The thing is, some other pens go by the name V4s and from what I hear they're okay. All I can say is I remember watching that video where the shiny ones turned out to be booty.
Tonight I plan to try it out using a used cartridge plus dyed water, so I can check how precise it is.
 
retaluver314 said:

First pen and filter purchase for me. Do these look like good picks? Anything better? A manual pen suits me for now. Two peptides are running at the moment.

Sterile Syringe FIlter, PES, 13mm, 0.22, Female Luer Lock and Male Luer Slip SKU 08-PES1322R

Biologix

32g 4mm - 100pk

goodlifesupplies

v4 pen 3 Combo

goodlifesupplies

3ml-pen-cartridge

goodlifesupplies.com

Thanks so much!
The V4s from them are what we use, and they're super smooth and pleasant. We've also got the Ergo2 from the same place, but up to now the V4 remains our top pick
 
WLBLD said:

retaluver314 said:

First pen and filter purchase for me. Do these look like good picks? Anything better? A manual pen suits me for now. Two peptides are running at the moment.

Sterile Syringe FIlter, PES, 13mm, 0.22, Female Luer Lock and Male Luer Slip SKU 08-PES1322R

Biologix

32g 4mm - 100pk

goodlifesupplies

v4 pen 3 Combo

goodlifesupplies

3ml-pen-cartridge

goodlifesupplies.com

Thanks so much!
The V4s from them are what we use, and they're super smooth and pleasant. We've also got the Ergo2 from the same place, but up to now the V4 remains our top pick
Did you check whether the dose it puts out is accurate? Thanks.
 
retaluver314 said:

WLBLD said:

retaluver314 said:

First pen and filter purchase for me. Do these look like good picks? Anything better? A manual pen suits me for now. Two peptides are running at the moment.

Sterile Syringe FIlter, PES, 13mm, 0.22, Female Luer Lock and Male Luer Slip SKU 08-PES1322R

Biologix

32g 4mm - 100pk

goodlifesupplies

v4 pen 3 Combo

goodlifesupplies

3ml-pen-cartridge

goodlifesupplies.com

Thanks so much!
The V4s from them are what we use, and they're super smooth and pleasant. We've also got the Ergo2 from the same place, but up to now the V4 remains our top pick
Did you check whether the dose it puts out is accurate? Thanks.
The first time I had it 🙂
 
I'm new to using pens and would like some recommendations. Does anyone have thoughts on the Good Life Supplies 3ml pen cartridge? Is it safe to assume it's sterile? Do they come individually wrapped?

Thanks.
 
retaluver314 said:

I'm new to using pens and would like some recommendations. Does anyone have thoughts on the Good Life Supplies 3ml pen cartridge? Is it safe to assume it's sterile? Do they come individually wrapped?

Thanks.
I own some of those — each pack contains 5. The packaging seems solid enough that I'm willing to trust it, haha.

Regarding pens, right now I'm running 3 of the gansulin "Hulk" auto pens available from them, and they appear to be working really well
 
sheilarae74 said:

maokai said:

sheilarae74 said:

maokai said:

If the V4 models match the ones shown here, it might be best to stay away from them. From what I understand, the V2 versions have a stronger track record, though my own experience is limited to auto pens.

View: https://youtu.be/Jiopqcesedw
Ugh, I went ahead and got one already. 😭
Yeah, that's the trouble with plenty of these. The thing is, some other pens go by the name V4s and from what I hear they're okay. All I can say is I remember watching that video where the shiny ones turned out to be booty.
Tonight I plan to try it out using a used cartridge plus dyed water, so I can check how precise it is.
By the way, I checked my V4 and it measured correctly at 10, 20, 40, and 60 units. My convipen remains my preference since it takes less effort to press when the dose is larger. For anything requiring 30 units or fewer, I plan to stick with the V4.
 
maokai said:

If the V4 models match the ones shown here, it might be best to stay away from them. From what I understand, the V2 versions have a stronger track record, though my own experience is limited to auto pens.

View: https://youtu.be/Jiopqcesedw
In my view, the pen wasn't at fault — the cartridge was. By his 3rd trial, pressing the button was almost impossible for him.
 
sheilarae74 said:

sheilarae74 said:

maokai said:

sheilarae74 said:

maokai said:

If the V4 models match the ones shown here, it might be best to stay away from them. From what I understand, the V2 versions have a stronger track record, though my own experience is limited to auto pens.

View: https://youtu.be/Jiopqcesedw
Ugh, I went ahead and got one already. 😭
Yeah, that's the trouble with plenty of these. The thing is, some other pens go by the name V4s and from what I hear they're okay. All I can say is I remember watching that video where the shiny ones turned out to be booty.
Tonight I plan to try it out using a used cartridge plus dyed water, so I can check how precise it is.
By the way, I checked my V4 and it measured correctly at 10, 20, 40, and 60 units. My convipen remains my preference since it takes less effort to press when the dose is larger. For anything requiring 30 units or fewer, I plan to stick with the V4.

Wow, these are new to me. Price-wise they match the V2s, yet the design resembles the V1s.

Things are advancing so quickly that I'll hold out for the V-over-9000! /j
 
maokai said:

If the V4 models match the ones shown here, it might be best to stay away from them. From what I understand, the V2 versions have a stronger track record, though my own experience is limited to auto pens.

View: https://youtu.be/Jiopqcesedw

I've got 6 V2s and just 1 of them functions in a near-usable way. Without any markings on the V2s, you can only count on a single complete dose per cartridge, or 2 doses if you keep track of the level yourself.

On top of that, the cap has an opening that leaves the cartridge septum out in the open.
 
Thanks to all of you for the assistance. During the past 7 days I joined my first group buy and placed my first order for pens, cartridges, filters, and needles. This forum made it possible!
 
retaluver314 said:

Thanks to all of you for the assistance. During the past 7 days I joined my first group buy and placed my first order for pens, cartridges, filters, and needles. This forum made it possible!
I ordered several V1 pens through a group buy back in May, when the idea of switching to pens first crossed my mind. They haven’t arrived yet, so in the meantime I picked up a Convipen, and for my daily KPV it’s been fantastic. The advice I got was to avoid every manual pen other than the V1. With the V2, dosing is frequently off. My thinking was: why take the chance.
 
retaluver314 said:

I'm new to using pens and would like some recommendations. Does anyone have thoughts on the Good Life Supplies 3ml pen cartridge? Is it safe to assume it's sterile? Do they come individually wrapped?

Thanks.
Yes, they work! Each order arrives in autoclave bags holding 4 or 5, and those bags have both internal and external indicators showing the autoclave process actually happened. Their website also explains their sterilization method. Goodlifesupplies relies on steam, so don't panic when the EO (gas sterilization) pink indicators look pink instead of yellow—the one to pay attention to is the dark green indicator located at the top right of the packaging.

I'm brand new to pens myself, but my Gensu2 pen is ah.may.zing! It's so smooth, and the auto inject feature makes arm and derrière shots really simple. I picked up a Mrs. Goodlife manual pen too, following suggestions from this community, but I haven't given it a try yet. The travel case that comes with it is excellent!
 
Back
Top