Nerker
Explorer
Hello. Male, 52 years old, 5'9".
My starting point was 208.6 lbs; I'm now at 182.8 lbs, so 26.4 lbs dropped overall.
Muscle mass began at 121.5 lbs and sits at 109.8 lbs now — a drop of 11.7 lbs. That works out to 44.32% of the total loss coming from muscle.
The smart scale reports my muscle rate as 60.1%.
Strength hasn't left me. Weekends have been for skiing, yoga has been constant throughout, and I haven't noticed feeling "weaker." For me, those constants are the only yardstick for strength.
Target weight: 175 lbs (possibly lower — at 175 lbs I suspect there will still be fat to lose).
Since Jan 10, 2026, I've been dosing 2mg once weekly.
Week 11 on the Reta just wrapped up.
Appetite is still present. Meals go down fine. Snacks and ice cream hold no appeal.
Whole macros, protein shakes and powders, plus micros supplements make up my intake.
Low carb//high protein eating, hydration, and the quiet mind all suit me. Mild resistance work has been steady (yoga, walking, some PT-prescribed resistance), though only last week did I start lifting 3x weekly. I'm enjoying it. Across the entire run I've stayed in a 300-600 deficit.
Here's my dilemma: more fat loss without sacrificing muscle. The conventional line is that a deficit blocks gains. Yet when I research it, newbies (which I am) supposedly can gain while in deficit. The science isn't firm, and I accept I might be wrong.
Long-term, I want strength, retained muscle, and fitness for my later years. I'm committed to this path.
So what path or paths exist? As a newbie I'm open to anything, but I lack a plan or foundation to lean on.
Should I halt Reta once I hit goal weight, then build muscle, then cut fat with Reta while resistance training protects the muscle?
Getting my Test checked and adding TRT is something I want. For the 50 and up club, Reta plus TRT looks really promising.
Should Tesamorelin go in for the belly VAT?
Stacking repair peptides (Wolverine) appeals to me.
I know this community doesn't spoon feed one another, and I'm all over Meso and elsewhere piecing information together as I learn.
Hoping those with more experience can give me some basic direction.
My starting point was 208.6 lbs; I'm now at 182.8 lbs, so 26.4 lbs dropped overall.
Muscle mass began at 121.5 lbs and sits at 109.8 lbs now — a drop of 11.7 lbs. That works out to 44.32% of the total loss coming from muscle.
The smart scale reports my muscle rate as 60.1%.
Strength hasn't left me. Weekends have been for skiing, yoga has been constant throughout, and I haven't noticed feeling "weaker." For me, those constants are the only yardstick for strength.
Target weight: 175 lbs (possibly lower — at 175 lbs I suspect there will still be fat to lose).
Since Jan 10, 2026, I've been dosing 2mg once weekly.
Week 11 on the Reta just wrapped up.
Appetite is still present. Meals go down fine. Snacks and ice cream hold no appeal.
Whole macros, protein shakes and powders, plus micros supplements make up my intake.
Low carb//high protein eating, hydration, and the quiet mind all suit me. Mild resistance work has been steady (yoga, walking, some PT-prescribed resistance), though only last week did I start lifting 3x weekly. I'm enjoying it. Across the entire run I've stayed in a 300-600 deficit.
Here's my dilemma: more fat loss without sacrificing muscle. The conventional line is that a deficit blocks gains. Yet when I research it, newbies (which I am) supposedly can gain while in deficit. The science isn't firm, and I accept I might be wrong.
Long-term, I want strength, retained muscle, and fitness for my later years. I'm committed to this path.
So what path or paths exist? As a newbie I'm open to anything, but I lack a plan or foundation to lean on.
Should I halt Reta once I hit goal weight, then build muscle, then cut fat with Reta while resistance training protects the muscle?
Getting my Test checked and adding TRT is something I want. For the 50 and up club, Reta plus TRT looks really promising.
Should Tesamorelin go in for the belly VAT?
Stacking repair peptides (Wolverine) appeals to me.
I know this community doesn't spoon feed one another, and I'm all over Meso and elsewhere piecing information together as I learn.
Hoping those with more experience can give me some basic direction.